PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Bright

Vector
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
hi all...

anyone know much about having your car diamond brighted ?... :inquisiti
i.e. costs and ideally where you can get it done?

i'm told it makes a huge difference and have seen some examples..

i can get a full kit from a m8 of mine for 30 quid but you need to know what your doing and have industrial strength buffers at hand.

WildCards
09-06-2005, 11:35 AM
When i bought my Clio new the dealership did it as part of the deal, but they reckoned it would have cost £220-£250 if memory serves (Inside & Out). However, i don't rate it. Either they didn't do (probable) or it's crap, spose £30 isn't bad, but just give it a damn good polish!

jalford
09-06-2005, 07:22 PM
You should have a word with Sulli as his car has had the Diamond Brite treatment. It does look VERY shiney in the pics here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6627

I mentioned this before but general opinion was that it wasn't any better than other products. Certainly not for the prices being charged by some places but £30 it may be worth it.

ritch_w
10-06-2005, 03:34 AM
its ok if u are doing it yourself - but its no better than a quality polish

and its a load of crap if you think you'll never need to polish your car again.....

HJM
10-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Don't waste your money - had it done on 2 previous cars - not impressed !

Spend £30 on Mer or another quality liquid wax system and be prepared to put some effort in if you want your car all sparkly.

At the end of the day (is the night :joker: ) there is no substitute for elbow grease /help

H

Spirit
10-06-2005, 07:27 AM
We sell Autoglym Lifeshine, and previously Supaguard. TBH I agree with HJM in regards to the cost isn't worth it. We retail Lifeshine for £299......thats an awful lot of Mequiars you can buy :thumbsup:

Vector
12-06-2005, 10:33 AM
as ever your guidance is top notch thanks all :thumbsup:

Sulli
27-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Mine was Diamond Brited a year ago, and I must admit I am impressed. I went to France the other week and did 1600 miles, went to a few beaches and the car got covered in sand/dust etc, it was a right state.

When I got home gave it a quick wash & chamois and it came up like new again