PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme - thumbs up....

Brunty
09-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Work carried out during my 4,500/6 month service:

49,500 Mile Service

Carry out 49,500 mile service (137.5 Before Discount)

Carry out investigation into AYC light on - fault code 82 (pump fail 1) shown - most likely will require new pump to rectify

Report:

Lash adjusters noisey - noise may lessen after service but will require new lash adjusters to cure

Front brake discs corroded and brake judder felt - new discs required

Tyre report: Front tyres 4.5mm, rear tyres 4mm.

Labour £123.75; Parts £93.88

Not cheap I know - but I have no facilities available to attempt my own servicing at the moment (I'm currently trying to buy a neigbours garage), will probably return to Xtreme for major servicing works.

No surprises - was aware of the brakes (plan to upgrade them) and the service did indeed lessen the noise from the lash adjusters.

While I was there they quoted me £900 + VAT for the installation of a new AYC pump, which compares very favourably with the other prices reported on this forum for similar works.

Additionally as I was waiting I was given a free breakfast (well as free as it can be on the back of a £200 service!) and the car was cleaned before it was returned to me. Happy customer.

Steve

Physician
09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Brunty,

Not bad at all for that service.

Could you do me a favour? I'd like to know how much they would charge for parts and labour to replace the lash adjusters. I'm playing with the idea of getting mine done at my local Mitsy dealer and would like something to compare with.

Don't worry if you can't for any reason ...... but if you can, ask for a detailed quote including part numbers, costs etc etc.

Many thanks,

Rich

Dream Weaver
09-06-2005, 04:36 PM
I was quoted told by Simon at Xtreme that all new lash adjsuester and labour would be just under £1K

Simon
09-06-2005, 05:31 PM
The price of a new AYC pump has fallen.....two years ago they were £2000. Mine and Brinds were replaced under warranty.......

Fitting/Removal of an AYC pump is quick, if you can get the car high enough off the floor to look under it! /yes :rolleyes4 its tucked right up out of the way.....my pumps for sale at £350....fitting should take a decent mechanic/ BDA type person 30-40 mins.........The pump has only done 9,000 miles and is in good condition and is part waxoiled! :thumbsup:

Brunty
09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I was quoted told by Simon at Xtreme that all new lash adjsuester and labour would be just under £1K

Which is what I was told as well - I'll settle for turning the stereo up a notch for the time being.

psbarham
09-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Which is what I was told as well - I'll settle for turning the stereo up a notch for the time being.
turn it up to 11 should do it :thumbsup:

Brunty
09-06-2005, 09:56 PM

:drummer: :guitarist :singer: :guitarist :guitarist

Brunty
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
BTW #1

One of the mechanics is putting an evo engine into an imported Colt :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

BTW #2

JTuner magazine are visiting Xtreme in the next week or so - expect a big feature in the mag soon.

bernmc
08-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Stupid Buggers forgot to put my undertray back on :| Only reason I noticed was because I'm spending a fair amount of time peering under the car looking for ATF drips. Fume & spit. Would never have noticed otherwise.

F'ing 80mile round trip to get it sorted.

:|:|:|:|

Brunty
24-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Haven't checked for my undertray - but have just had both the saloon and estate serviced there after the closure of WRD. Got to say that once again I was pleasantly surprised at the prices (which I'll post up later) and the friendly and knowledgable service.

My clock remained correctly set and the the cars were return washed - now that never happened at WRD ;)

Brunty
24-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Two years later on for the Legnum ...

Carry out 4,500 mile service including replace air filter and tiptronic transmission oil and filter

Rear brake pads approx 80% worn

AYC warning light on during roadtest

Labour - £113.85 Parts - £129.30 which is pretty consistent, but I forgot to get my free breakfast!

psbarham
25-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Two years later on for the Legnum ...

Labour - £113.85 Parts - £129.30 which is pretty consistent, but I forgot to get my free breakfast!

be careful you fool, a delicate individual like your self needs their food /Devil5