PDA

View Full Version : JAE - 22nd/24th July 2005 - East of England Showground.

Nick Mann
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Website here (http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/).

'The biggest display of Japanese cars in Europe.'

I believe the club has attended in the past, but I have never been. We would intend to have a club stand, with overnight camping. I understand there will be many cars and assorted entertainment.

1. Nick & Vicky
2. Barry & Wouter
3. Firefly
4. Michaeli
5. Pezza
6. Diddingtonwizard
7. psbarham
8. AderC
9. The Vee
10. richy rich

Reserves:

Wodjno.
Leggy Blonde.

psbarham
09-06-2005, 08:28 PM
woo frigging hoo , at last a show that won't take me more than 1 1/2 hrs of driving to get to

Kieran
09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Bah!! No can do I'm afraid.... That weekend we're Cat and Dog sitting! Dennis and Tilly would probably get narcy if we left them all weekend! :embarasse :embarasse

michaeli
09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
OOoooo Oooo Oooo

Me Me Me please!!!! /yes /yes /yes

diddingtonwizard
09-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Do we have to attend all three days? I could do the Saturday for definate and Sunday possibly. I only live 20 minutes from there, so there would be no need to camp. If that is possible, put me on the list. Cheers

BraindG
10-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Sat and Sunday please..

diddingtonwizard
11-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Saturday and Sunday it is then. Is it ok to take the car off the stand and come back in the morning, or do I get Jan to drive up with me ? When, who and how do I pay ? Cheers

Big Ian
11-06-2005, 11:23 AM
:inquisiti HHMMM.......i wonder?? it is only 5 hour's away........ :inquisiti when's the latest i can book :happy:
and would anyone be doing "the hotel thing" or is it best to camp?

firefly
13-06-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm intending to go with my intended for the weekend!!!

The boyf has just pimped his ride... he is now the proud owner of a beautiful z350 blue FTO Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
See it now at FTOOC if interested - smokin mastin will agree that it is the dogs bullocks. P.s as a hint- it was silver before!!!

I will be taking my beautiful beast as bodyguard ( and german shepard carrier) for the weekend so it would be nice to have the opportunity to show off my baby on the club stand - being as there wasn't one last year /grr :sad3:

BTW - does this mean that if I give in and join the club that i'll get preferential rates??? :thumbsup: /yes

I'm really hope we attend this year - the galants and legnums deserve a proper outing at this great event, 'specially as so many other clubs make the effort.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeessssssseeeeeeeeee can we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /yes

ANTHONY
21-06-2005, 07:31 PM
yes.................... us as well sat / sun camping :thumbsup:

Wouter
21-06-2005, 10:54 PM
I want to come!!

All I need from you is place to pitch my tent!! (I'll get my own tickets)

I will be parking my Super duper Car with the chaps of the 323 club, however they smell so I won't be sharing a campsite with them!! (Don't tell them I said that) :leer:

Should be great!!

ANTHONY
22-06-2005, 06:57 PM
how much? and is it a weekend thing camping again also can we find out more about the campsite if we are............cheers nick

Vector
28-06-2005, 12:07 AM
i'll be there in some capacity...not sure atm will no more nearer the date :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
03-07-2005, 07:12 PM
I have booked a stand for 10 spaces. This has cost an extortionate £10! Tents are allowed on the stand, but must be down early in the morning. There is a camping area away from the cars if you want to leave the tent up.

Entry tickets need to be bought on arrival - £15 for the weekend or £10 per day.

When the tickets turn up I'll post them out. We will not be able to increase the size of the stand as the deadline has passed, so if you want to go but your names not on the list, SHOUT NOW!!!

psbarham
03-07-2005, 07:19 PM
i'll be there , not camping as we are only half an hour away , so just stand space please :thumbsup:

bernmc
03-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Top bananna. Another event on a weekend I'm working :thumbsup: :|.

Definitely something going on here :inquisiti

ANTHONY
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
I have booked a stand for 10 spaces. This has cost an extortionate £10! Tents are allowed on the stand, but must be down early in the morning. There is a camping area away from the cars if you want to leave the tent up.

Entry tickets need to be bought on arrival - £15 for the weekend or £10 per day.

When the tickets turn up I'll post them out. We will not be able to increase the size of the stand as the deadline has passed, so if you want to go but your names not on the list, SHOUT NOW!!!
Nick i'm a bit confused...do we pay for and get our entry tickets on the gate ?
and are you sending out the club stand tickets?.

also how many are camping and what time can we arrive on saturday?

Nick Mann
03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Nick i'm a bit confused...do we pay for and get our entry tickets on the gate ?
and are you sending out the club stand tickets?.
Yes, yes and yes.

also how many are camping and what time can we arrive on saturday?
Don't know and not sure. You can arrive on friday as well if you want! Will post when I know more.

ANTHONY
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Yes, yes and yes.

Don't know and not sure. You can arrive on friday as well if you want! Will post when I know more.

cheers nick............:thumbsup:

AderC
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Assuming I've got the car from landy by the time JAE comes around I'll be wanting a place on the stand, but if by any chance I haven't I will be at JAE anyway. I'll be pitching tent off the stand whatever happens as we'll need to keep it up due to kiddies. I will confirm things as soon as I can.

aDe

The Vee
03-07-2005, 11:25 PM
put me down for the saturday please Nick

psbarham
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
put me down for the saturday please Nick
just the saturday ?? i know you've got a bit of a long journey but come on make the effort :inquisiti

michaeli
05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I need another ticket for Sunday please..... so that's 2 if we are pre-buying...

Thanks,

Mike

Nick Mann
05-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Entry tickets are on the gate. Stand tickets only from me!

richy rich
09-07-2005, 11:11 AM
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss please if there is still space on stand and i'll be there 4 the friday evening sat & sun and camping :thumbsup: :chugchug: :evil2:

richy rich
10-07-2005, 11:13 AM

looking forward to the weekend to meet you all for the first time :thumbsup:
is the £15 per car or per person

pezza
11-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Entry tickets are on the gate. Stand tickets only from me!

I am prolly too late for a pass.. but gonna shout 4 one anyways :embarasse /help

Nick Mann
11-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Sorry, Pezz. Will put you on the reserves! If anyone pulls out, you'll be the first to know.

When I booked 10 places there were only 6 or 7 of us interested.

pezza
11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
No Probs Nick... cheers :thumbsup:

WildCards
11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Where is it then? I've looked on the site but can't find an actual address/location - just East England Showground in Peterborough. Or is that it?

Ignore that, just found the map. It's quite near me, i might be able to amble over for Saturday just to meet you all.

As Richy Rich asked is the £15 per person or per car?

Nick Mann
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I believe the £15 is per person.

The Vee
11-07-2005, 09:59 PM
just the saturday ?? i know you've got a bit of a long journey but come on make the effort :inquisiti

oops, just found this. I know what you're saying PSB, but I'm working on the Sunday. I may try and get down early Sunday for couple of hours or so.

AderC
11-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Well now I've taken possession of my leggy I'll definitely be wanting my place on the stand at JAE. Will be driving down on the Friday and staying until around lunchtime on the Sunday.

aDe

Wodjno
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Saturday and Sunday for Moi & Missus Ploise.. :smug:
It's a long old haul but It's gotta be done.. :thumbsup:
Just have to make sure there ain't no petrol shortages that weekend.. :bananadan

SGHOM
11-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday for Moi & Missus Ploise.. :smug:
It's a long old haul but It's gotta be done.. :thumbsup:
Just have to make sure there ain't no petrol shortages that weekend.. :bananadan
you driving, or walking it ?? /pan /pan

Wodjno
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
you driving, or walking it ?? /pan /pan

Like i said Derek ! /Hmmm

Depends on the fuel FACTOR :thumbsup:

Could you lend us a fiver Derek :inquisiti /help

Wodjno
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
That will be 2 Days and 2 x Stand Passes per Day please Nick.. /pan /Steeringw

diddingtonwizard
12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Wodjno......have sent you a pm......empty your inbox, it says its full

diddingtonwizard
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Wodjno......have sent you a pm......empty your inbox, it says its full

In case you dont. Are you taking your car off the stand Saturday and driving it back Sunday or do they have to stay ?

Wodjno
12-07-2005, 06:33 PM
That will be 2 Days and 2 x Stand Passes per Day please Nick.. /pan /Steeringw

:embarasse /pan :embarasse /pan /help

Just read whole thread.. Hold those stand passes Nick.. /Hissy /Hissy

psbarham
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM

???????????????? can't we take the cars off the stand at night to go home ???

Nick Mann
12-07-2005, 11:07 PM

Sorry Glen! Will add you to the reserves though.

SGHOM
12-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I may pop down in my van for the day................ just to annoy you !! :evil2: /pan

westy
12-07-2005, 11:25 PM
sghom ithink i am going on sunday,will be in skyline tho,meet up/mini convoy?

SGHOM
12-07-2005, 11:29 PM
sghom ithink i am going on sunday,will be in skyline tho,meet up/mini convoy?
sounds good to me !! :thumbsup: but will you be able to keep up ? /Steeringw :embarasse

westy
12-07-2005, 11:43 PM
ha bloody ha!unless its an astra van.will have to set off on friday to beat you

Nick Mann
14-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Have a look at the map of the grounds:

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=324&

It took me a lllllooooooooonnnnnnnngggg time to find us!!!

BraindG
14-07-2005, 02:37 PM
omfg, why are we way out there... bah, that sucks /help

Nick Mann
14-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Probably due to low numbers and late booking. :embarasse

If enough people shouted earlier, we would have had a prime site, I'm sure. But like last year, this event doesn't seem to be particularly popular with this club.

richy rich
14-07-2005, 07:26 PM
there looks like more space in a better area bellow trade area's is it worth talking to them (just a suggestion)about moving and adding more cars.
But on the bright side not far from camping area.
still good time to be had :chugchug: :drummer: :evil2:

BraindG
15-07-2005, 08:16 AM
personally i think this is a great event to meet people, and have a proper good chat. all theo ther ones you spend most of your time queueing, watching people do stuff, whether round track, or on drag. not that thats a bad thing, i love it.. but it doesn't allow much time to speak to the new club members.

Nick Mann
15-07-2005, 09:52 AM
I can't find a definitive answer about leaving the site and coming back the next day. I'm sure you will be able to, but I'm not sure about costs. You will have to ask on the gate about whether a weekend ticket will allow you back in on sunday. You must be able to leave as they wouldn't be selling one day tickets!!

Big Ian
15-07-2005, 09:58 AM
personally i think this is a great event to meet people, and have a proper good chat. all theo ther ones you spend most of your time queueing, watching people do stuff, whether round track, or on drag. not that thats a bad thing, i love it.. but it doesn't allow much time to speak to the new club members.

:thumbsup: spot on Barry......i loved Japfest but found ther wasn't enough time to get round everyone for a chat that was there! (unless everyone was avoid'n me /Hmmm ) a 2 day event like this give's member's a better time/chance to talk more :happy: ...........(wish i was going now! :embarasse ) enjoy :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
15-07-2005, 10:28 PM
i'm sorry i cannot make it after all..:sad3:.. so somebody can have my stand pass.

nick i'v PM'd you................

psbarham
15-07-2005, 10:31 PM
:thumbsup: spot on Barry......i loved Japfest but found ther wasn't enough time to get round everyone for a chat that was there! (unless everyone was avoid'n me /Hmmm ) a 2 day event like this give's member's a better time/chance to talk more :happy: ...........(wish i was going now! :embarasse ) enjoy :thumbsup:
come on down , whats stopping ya , apart from the 500 mile trip :inquisiti , any way you've gotta come these VR4 thingys are starting to take over , we have to show them whos boss :thumbsup:

richy rich
17-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Spent 3hours cleaning car and engine bay ready for jae. :thumbsup:
used wd40 on engine makes it shine nice. :thumbsup:
before and after pics on eng/bay :happy:

ANTHONY
17-07-2005, 10:52 AM
looks nice just 1 thing missing ............................the club stickers

richy rich
17-07-2005, 11:01 AM
looks nice just 1 thing missing ............................the club stickers
will be sorting that out soon prob at jae

ANTHONY
17-07-2005, 01:11 PM
will be sorting that out soon prob at jae
good on ya... i would have been going my self but unable to so maybe get to meet up some other time

richy rich
17-07-2005, 01:38 PM
hope so

richy rich
17-07-2005, 01:50 PM

whats happnin with tickets for stand, nick pls

Nick Mann
17-07-2005, 07:32 PM
whats happnin with tickets for stand, nick pls

I have nothing to send anyone? I'll try to find out what the procedure is in the next couple of days.

Nick Mann
18-07-2005, 07:37 PM
The procedure is that there isn't one.

Turn up at the club entrance and say you are on the ClubVR4 stand. You will pay for your ticket - which I now understand is a car ticket, not per person - and proceed to the stand. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A MAP WITH THE STAND LOCATION WITH YOU!!

I have also learned that BBQ's are only allowed if they are off the ground. No disposable BBQ's on the floor!!

psbarham
18-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I have also learned that BBQ's are only allowed if they are off the ground. No disposable BBQ's on the floor!!
i've got a mid size gas BBQ if you want me to bring it just say the word :thumbsup:

diddingtonwizard
18-07-2005, 07:48 PM
OK Nick. Are we meeting anywhere first and going in convoy ?

Nick Mann
18-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Now as half of you live close, I think you'll have to suggest that! I don't know the area at all! I'd be up for a convoy, though. :leer:

psbarham
18-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Now as half of you live close, I think you'll have to suggest that! I don't know the area at all! I'd be up for a convoy, though. :leer:
what about meeting up at the "toys r' us" car park , that way we can show p'boro what real cars are :thumbsup:

firefly
19-07-2005, 09:34 AM
I shall be convoying with the FTO's from norfolk and suffolk along the A47 from norwich. Let me know if any of you chaps want to convoy with us along this route.

:thumbsup:

BraindG
19-07-2005, 10:04 AM
So, whats the general crack?

Whos driving down sat morning to meet, and who are staying friday night somewhere?
I was (as is wouter) coming down friday night, are we able to get onsite at about 10ish to set up tents? This whole IBIs thing starts getting expensive! - Betty/Fay arn't coming this time (don't like 2 day events) so we is camping.

Wouter
19-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Just got this from the 323 website (No spitting)

"3387 cars confirmed so far for this years JAE"

That's a lot of cars!

Wouter
19-07-2005, 01:19 PM
"3387 cars confirmed so far for this years JAE"

Hmmm.....

Lets break that down.....

3000 Subaru's (Probably) /pan
47 Mazda 323F's (Confirmed) /Steeringw

That leaves about 340 cars to look at!!

Should be fun!

psbarham
19-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I shall be convoying with the FTO's from norfolk and suffolk along the A47 from norwich. Let me know if any of you chaps want to convoy with us along this route.

:thumbsup:
i'll see what is happening with this lot , i might meet up with ya at the eye roundabout

firefly
20-07-2005, 09:31 AM
okey dokey.

We shall be rendezvous-ing on the A47 near norwich at 7.30am sat morning before heading on to peterborough.

If you wanna meet near eye what time do u reckon the convoy will get there?

V6nut
20-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Got my Galant but I'm not a full member, ok if I tag along with the convoy too? Live in Norwich right next to the Thicktorn roundabout. Will people be leaving from there bang on 7:30? /Hmmm

V6nut
20-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Also anyone know how much it is for public to get in? Gotta go park up on the public car park which will be price per admission won't it?

richy rich
20-07-2005, 11:44 AM
im picking my son up from school friday night, then going to nottingham pick my bro up, then heading down hopping to be on site at about 6;30pm is the time ok for coming on to the site and setting up.
then time for a pint or two :chugchug:

AderC
20-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I'll be going down to my parents' in Stoke Friday lunchtime as they're having baby for the weekend, then me my g/f and eldest lad will be travelling over to the site during the afternoon, so see you there!

aDe

richy rich
20-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll be going down to my parents' in Stoke Friday lunchtime as they're having baby for the weekend, then me my g/f and eldest lad will be travelling over to the site during the afternoon, so see you there!

aDe
have a good journey see u there

BraindG
20-07-2005, 11:11 PM
ah, sweet. atleast wouter and I wont be the only ones there on friday night

Wouter
21-07-2005, 08:09 AM
ah, sweet. atleast wouter and I wont be the only ones there on friday night

Thank God for that!!

All night alone with a mildly drunk Scotsman...... scary! :chugchug:

firefly
21-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Live in Norwich right next to the Thicktorn roundabout. Will people be leaving from there bang on 7:30? /Hmmm

We are meeting at the sainsbury's on the dereham road roundabout near the A47 at Norwich. We'll be leaving from there at 7.30am prompt.

Those FTO chaps don't like hanging about!!!! /pan

BraindG
21-07-2005, 03:09 PM
ive got the TV, playstation and some lighting. Won't be missing F1 :)

Wouter
21-07-2005, 04:25 PM
ive got the TV, playstation and some lighting. Won't be missing F1 :)

And I have Beer!!
:evil2:

diddingtonwizard
21-07-2005, 06:50 PM
what about meeting up at the "toys r' us" car park , that way we can show p'boro what real cars are :thumbsup:

What time you looking to get to Toys R Us ? I can meet you there.

psbarham
21-07-2005, 06:55 PM
depends what time we have to be at the show ground for , anyone else meeting at toys r us? andy , glen?? also nick whats happening with the stand passes??

V6nut
21-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll be parking in the public car park coz I'm not a full member yet, is there anyone else entering as public? Don't want to follow everyone else up to the stand and look a plum!

Nick Mann
21-07-2005, 09:12 PM
also nick whats happening with the stand passes??

Sorry - I wasn't particularly clear in post #63 of this thread. You do not need a stand pass. Simply turn up at the club entrance not the public one and state that you are on the CVR4 stand. The only limit is the space on the stand - if you are not parked correctly, you will be forcibly moved!

psbarham
21-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry - I wasn't particularly clear in post #63 of this thread. You do not need a stand pass. Simply turn up at the club entrance not the public one and state that you are on the CVR4 stand. The only limit is the space on the stand - if you are not parked correctly, you will be forcibly moved!
aah spot on mate , just one more stoopid question what time do we need to get there for ?

Nick Mann
21-07-2005, 09:44 PM
aah spot on mate , just one more stoopid question what time do we need to get there for ?

:embarasse

Before it finishes?!?!?

Wouter
21-07-2005, 09:46 PM
If you are not parked correctly, you will be forcibly moved!

That would be me then! :embarasse

Nick Mann
21-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Also remember to print the map and take it. We are on the far right of the map. (No, further right than that!!)

psbarham
21-07-2005, 09:49 PM
:embarasse

Before it finishes?!?!?
Mmmmm thats helpful :inquisiti , i only asked as at the bmf show at the east of england show ground if your not on your stand by X o'clock then tough you ain't coming in

Nick Mann
21-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I honestly don't have an answer.

The website is linked to on the dirst post of this thread, and it includes a forum where people have asked most questions already. AFAIK there is no restriction on arrival time except for midnight to 07:30.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?

Have a read and see if you can discover anything?

psbarham
21-07-2005, 10:07 PM
the gates open at 07.30 but if its going to be anything like all the other shows at the showground then i would try and get there before 9-9.30 ish, and also still no reply as to wether or not to bring the BBQ

psbarham
21-07-2005, 10:15 PM
what about 8 o'clock , depends others of course

michaeli
22-07-2005, 01:15 PM
any 1/4 mile or runs you can do?? /Steeringw how do I pick up my club pass to park car in club area?? /Hmmm I'll be there tomorrow morning...

pezza
22-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Mine will the banger on display.. its not as tidy as it should be :embarasse

Needs some bodywork attention! /help

Maybe I will leave it in the public cark park.. I dont want to give the club a bad name... :embarasse

psbarham
22-07-2005, 10:01 PM
right we'll be at toys are us at 9 , if any one else is meeting there then we'll see ya in the morning :thumbsup: