PDA

View Full Version : Rolling The Guards

Josh2xsv
10-06-2005, 05:27 AM
Hey guys

I know Shady you rolled your guards, anyone else? Quick & easy or what? I definitely don't want to fk the panels doin it or my tyres not doin it...

I got some SUSTEC 40mm D-ROP IT ON ITS BUM springs the other day, nice and cheap now to get them in... (And get alignment after that!)

I have checked the members documentation etc looks fairly straight forward - spose i gotta get in the boot under the carpet to get the top of the rear struts off?

--
Shady you're local waikato lad aye? Got a spare Saturday to have some beers and help me LOWWWWWER me wagon?!
Anywho no stress... Got any spring clamps (do I really need them?)
--
Chr :smug:

Gly
10-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Hey guys

I know Shady you rolled your guards, anyone else? Quick & easy or what? I definitely don't want to fk the panels doin it or my tyres not doin it...

I got some SUSTEC 40mm D-ROP IT ON ITS BUM springs the other day, nice and cheap now to get them in... (And get alignment after that!)

I have checked the members documentation etc looks fairly straight forward - spose i gotta get in the boot under the carpet to get the top of the rear struts off?

--
Shady you're local waikato lad aye? Got a spare Saturday to have some beers and help me LOWWWWWER me wagon?!
Anywho no stress... Got any spring clamps (do I really need them?)
--

if you havent rolled guards before and your not confident... dont!
pay someone to do it right.

spring clamps arnt really needed but unless you have a couple of of larger guys round to push your springs down to get he hat on, GET SOME! makes it 100x easier

:thumbsup:

Josh2xsv
12-06-2005, 11:25 PM
sweet mate prob lower first see if i need to roll then sort that, cool. :scholar:

-LegnumVR4-
13-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Just take out the roll out cover thing in the boot then undo the screws where that thing sat. Then pull the plastic cover towards u and that will expose the top of the shock so u can undo the bolts and drop them out.

Josh2xsv
13-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Go the inside info! Now I know that part will be easy!

ShadyNZer
11-07-2005, 01:05 PM
sorry bro didnt see this thread, ahhh i rolled my guards up on my old one which was easy enough, jacked it up, got a rag (to protect the paint) and a spanner and bent it back as much as i could, had to do a bit of hammering tho but after that didnt rub on the rears which was a BIG prob...
havent gotten around to doin it on my current one yet, gave it a try but meh gave up coz the warriors came on