PDA

View Full Version : Braided Hoses - help!

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Question for you all.....

When Marcus and I swapped over the brakes from the old car, I didn't want to bother changing the hoses at the front 'cos they were old, but more importantly we didn't need to as the standard VR4 ones fitted.

(Unfortunately this wasn't the case for the hoses at the back, and they were a right pig to unhook!)

So anyway, I've now got round to sorting out some nice new Goodridge hoses for the front, but what size do I need?!? :inquisiti :rolleyes4

No-one can tell me....Xtreme "wouldn't like to say", Mitsubishi can't get passed the "AP brakes" bit and won't tell me, and AP Racing claim they've never done a brake kit for the VR4 /lol Even when I told them I had the Evo 6 kit, they still were rather doubtful - perhaps I should go down to Coventry and show them the car? /yes

Anyway....rather than buy some Evo 6 hoses only to find they don't fit, can anybody offer any insights?

Roadrunner
10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Question for you all.....
Hi James,
The Evo6 kit should fit fine. The Goodrich hoses I had fitted to my car were for the Evo6 Brembos. If your AP kit was designed for the Evo6, I can't see any reason the hoses won't fit. On mine, the front hoses were a tad short so, instead of routing the hose round the back of the strut (where the hose clip is), we had to route them round the front and secure with a cable tie. The back ones were fine though.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Brian

Jimbo
13-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks Brian :thumbsup: