PDA

View Full Version : Jag driver suffers frostbite during heatwave

Brind
13-08-2003, 12:33 AM
As people drop of heat exhaustion and sunstroke in the UK, one unlucky Jaguar owner managed to give himself frostbite.

The unfortunate motorist cranked up the air conditioning in his XK8 sports car and aimed it at his insect-bitten foot to cool it down.

The 46-year-old solicitor from Manchester drove the 250 miles from London with the air con on high.

He went to visit his GP after his toes turned numb and one of them started to turn black and another blue.

Mike Ball told the Guardian newspaper, 'I slipped off my shoe and sock because my car is an automatic and I don't need to use my left foot. The air conditioning on Jaguars is very good so I had it on for just over an hour.

'I didn't realise anything was wrong until the next day when my foot was extremely painful.'

Mr Ball's confused GP diagnosed him with mild frostbite and he has now been ordered to keep his foot warm.

The injury, usually associated with treks up Everest or across the Antarctic, should heal within a week.
'Luckily it's not serious and hopefully I won't suffer any long-term effects,' Mr Ball added.

In extreme cases, frostbite can lead to the loss of affected areas.

-----------

Good job it wasn't Mr Ball's 'balls' :D

Spirit
13-08-2003, 12:47 AM
:D :D :D hahahahaha what a knob !

BraindG
13-08-2003, 07:14 AM
PSML - what a wolly..

Kieran
13-08-2003, 02:20 PM
:biglaugh:Berk...
So, being a solicitor, how long do you think it'll be before he's on the blower to Claims Direct?!

"Dear Jaguar.... your car has failed to protect me from my own stupidity...":D

Nick VR4
13-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Mmmm so XK8's dont have Auto Climate Control then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Ailsa
13-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Thats Class - What an arse!:arse:

zedy1
13-08-2003, 09:39 PM
:D :D :D