PDA

View Full Version : Fffing Charlesworths SVA..

bernmc
11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Fume & spit. Although I was initially quite impressed with Charlesworths SVA, I'm getting more & more pee'd off at the work they've done.

1st thing I noticed was the coin holder was broken - must have damaged it when they were doing the fog light switch. I know it was fine pre-SVA because I fiddled with everything that opened and shut before saying goodbye to the car after collecting it :D Damn thing keeps falling into the footwell now.

Then, I've noticed that the speedo needle wobbles about - up & down by 10mph. Possibly a loose connection...?

And the final straw - avoided a big jam on the M6 yesterday by taking the Rip Off Road (Toll), and finally put my foot down and left it there. At 120mph.... speed limiter cuts in. AAARGGGH! So the fffing car hasn't been delimited.

Phone call coming up on Monday. :| Might as well have done the work myself - at least it would have been properly.

psbarham
11-06-2005, 09:39 PM
And the final straw - avoided a big jam on the M6 yesterday by taking the Rip Off Road (Toll), and finally put my foot down and left it there. At 120mph.... speed limiter cuts in. AAARGGGH! So the fffing car hasn't been delimited.

didn't the rest of the funeral proccesion mind travelling at that speed then?????

bernmc
11-06-2005, 10:00 PM
:| Dirty great BMW4nker 4x4 that I went blasting past with extreme predjudice a couple of miles earlier returned the favour. I pretended to be doing my nails.

DaveLee71
12-06-2005, 12:30 AM
They did mine aswell.
My speedo needle wobbles also and they didn't de-limit mine either, found out when racing a neighours 911!
How easy is it to de-limit?
Couldn't be bothered going back as it's a helluva trek for me, got a very friendly Mitsubishi garage who give me trade discount! Pays to be the only local VR-4!

Dave

bernmc
12-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Buggers - I'll definately be complaining then - using a cheap converter I suspect.

Delimeters shouldn't be difficult to fit, but AFIK most are part of the speedo converter. It just inteferes with the speed feed to the ECU. I'll look into it.

jalford
17-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Same here. Charlesworths told me it had been delimited but it hadn't.
Emailed them and they gave me the number of someone to call. Not got around to it yet so no idea of cost. /grr

jalford
17-06-2005, 12:56 PM
I guess the lesson to be learnt is to not take dealers at their word when they say the car has been delimited. :scholar:

Get it in writing and check it at the first opportunity. :helmet:

Dan_G
17-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh NO! :embarasse ....... Mine was done by Charsworths.... and the speedo needle wobbles also......

I havent exeeded 120 so dont know if it is de-limited tho....

maybe a good blast is called for........ hmm.......

not looking good........