PDA

View Full Version : My 1997 VR4s Estate For Sale

darrow
14-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi

I'm selling my 1997/P Legnum on eBay here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18230&item=4556321722&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Its done 68,000 miles (says 72K on the tacho but 4K need to be taken off due to 7.5Km being on when I bought it)
Its got some cuts and bruises (I haven't put photo's on yet but will do) and the front spolier needs replacing. It will need a new exhaust soon too as its just starting to puff a little underneath. It was also need a cambelt change as its not had one. It has no official service history as I've had it done by a friend because I couldn't afford to spend £800 on getting it done by Mitsu.

Anyway, it starts at £2,500

Thanks

Brunty
14-06-2005, 04:51 PM
I was gonna keep this one to myself.....now you've blown it for me /grr

Anyway, good luck with the auction, and hurry up with those pics you promised me (you could post them as an attachment here if you wanted).

Also does it have a sunroof?

Cheers

Steve :thumbsup:

darrow
14-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Oops! Mind you I dont think anything gets kept a secret with eBay around!
I will take some photo's this afternoon when I get home with my camera and then post them on the eBay auction. I have about 6 people waiting for photo's at the moment so I don't know which you are but you will be on my list!

bernmc
14-06-2005, 05:50 PM
You need to sort out a v5 m8 - it's illegal to sell without AFIK. It's just a case of writing to the DVLA.

Rally205
14-06-2005, 06:21 PM
It most certainly is illegal and the airbag light only stays on if there IS a fault :inquisiti :-policema

darrow
14-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi

The photos are now on eBay.

As for the V5 document - I thought I knew where it was until I checked and discovered its not there. I didn't think it was illegal - I thought you just needed a V62 or something but I'll bow to your knowledge. I can always get a duplicate certificate and thats not a problem - it just means that it could take weeks for it to come back.

darrow
14-06-2005, 07:59 PM
It most certainly is illegal and the airbag light only stays on if there IS a fault :inquisiti :-policema

The light was fine until I had the stereo put in and when I got the car back the light was on. I was told (and the guy who fitted the stereo is a friend) that its common when you disconnect the battery for an extended period and remove some cable or other from behind the dash to install the GPS receiver. I took him at his word. Anyway - its in the description so everyone is aware of it if/when they bid

WildCards
15-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Nice colour, that's the first one i've seen. Definately one of the better colours.

Just out of interest, what is your new car?

darrow
15-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks

I've really gone overboard with my new car - its a 2001 Peugeot 406 2L. Its a struggle to restrain the power I can tell you. However, it does make a change not being able to actually see the petrol gauge moving as you drive!

d3x
15-06-2005, 01:04 PM
same colour as mine as it goes... sweet lookin motor though..

WildCards
15-06-2005, 01:41 PM
same colour as mine as it goes... sweet lookin motor though..

Just like the buses, you don't see one and then two come at once!

Darrow, i'm guessing the running costs are the reason for the change then, or you've gone into the private hire taxi world, lol.

Steve

darrow
15-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Running costs unfortunately. I need to travel a bit more with work now and its costing me a fortune in petrol alone. Its a shame because its a lovely car and depending on what I get for it someone will get a bargain when they osrt out the things which need doing to it.

g8legnum
16-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Love to be able to say I was interested m8, but as I'm already running a 2001 V6 I am really looking for something nearer that year in my move to VR4. Anyway good luck with the auction. I did notice on the Fleabay details, that your motor has got a heated windscreen. What,.... where, .... how, .... is it a standard fit??????????

Bal
16-06-2005, 11:33 AM
have you got full on info of what you done and when? (service history wise).

nice motor ....

Nick Mann
16-06-2005, 01:22 PM
I did notice on the Fleabay details, that your motor has got a heated windscreen. What,.... where, .... how, .... is it a standard fit??????????

Guessing, but many VR4's have a heated section at the bottom of the windscreen that heats the area that the wipers sit. Maybe thats it?

darrow
16-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi

Yeah, it defrosts from a blower on the outside as far as I know. To be honest although I've swithced it on a few times I've never really noticed it making a huge difference