PDA

View Full Version : New tyres and geometry set-up

habbers
15-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Finally wore out the crummy tyres that where on the Galant at the time of purchase. I had been getting a lot of noise which i thought at first was tyres but it could have been rear bearings.

Fortunately it was the tyres - i do expect a bit of road noise. :)

I got 4 Goodyear F1 - GS D2's for £ 85.00 each, all in incl vat & balance for 215-17's
The GS D2 is IMHO the best all round tyre avaliable, i had them on my scoob as well, i could drive it almost (and i do mean almost) as hard in the wet as in the dry - excluding greasy roads of course!
Dry grip is brillaint and the wet performance is outstanding. I have had a lot of other 'performance tyres in the past but these are the best.

Anyway i also has a full geometry set-up as well, cost £ 70.00 (reduced from £ 90.00 + vat), it was out on all wheels, not just tracking.

The car feels like new, the steering is pin sharp and the turn-in is much better.

much lighter in the pocket but much happier with the car.

I-S
15-06-2005, 09:42 PM
I just got two Kumho KH15s on the GLS for £72 (for the pair). Seem a bit better than the P6000s they replace, but that could just be new tyre vs used tyre... still, for half the price of the P6000 they're not bad.

I need the geometry doing though... rear nearside camber is off, although had front tracking done recently.

Kieran
15-06-2005, 10:35 PM
My tyres are currently a still-legal-but-scary mix of shagged $hituleins at the back and no-grip-but-refusing-to-die Billy No-name 'Wan-Li' Tyres at the front!! /help /help

Makes 70's yank tank sqealy-tyre driving a doddle!! :embarasse

MyTyres are doing good prices on Falkens, so I think I'll get them. Also, I shall put those 16s on.... I think half the reason the V6 Sport tramlines and misbehaves in general is because the tyres don't have enough 'give' in them...

I-S
16-06-2005, 08:33 AM
K- why not experiment with some Kumho KU31s or something on the 16s? Also, phone up your local kumho Ecsta Performance Centre for a price...

Mytyres wanted £42 each for the tyres that I just got for £36 inc fitting, balancing and valves at the local dealer. Their prices aren't always the keenest!

BraindG
16-06-2005, 08:44 AM
My tyres are currently a still-legal-but-scary mix of shagged $hituleins at the back and no-grip-but-refusing-to-die Billy No-name 'Wan-Li' Tyres at the front!! /help /help
ROFLMAO

Bal
16-06-2005, 11:39 AM
i bought a set of rims of pezza which have some stange make tyres on them. they sodding hard as cos i swear i have had no wear on them even though i've put about 5k miles on them since purchase. still got loads and loads of tread. they are pretty good as wet tyres as well.

impressive (but i dont know who they are).

DUNLY
21-06-2005, 12:22 PM
check these guys for some prices www.rubberball.co.uk