PDA

View Full Version : Shock Change

pezza
16-06-2005, 01:37 PM
HI All,

just had a quick question about shocks for the VR4. I know there are complete kits for the car but wondering if anyone just changed the shocks (and not the springs) for their VR4 recently?

Hmm I could go for mitsu standard replacements but wondering what other alternatives are out there.. (standard do seem up to the job tho) I dont think I want to lower the car the roads around north london aren't forgiving and there are too many aggressive speed humps...

For those with the B12 Bilstein kit are those shocks specifically shortened to match the lowering springs.. (am wondering if these are sold separately?)

Koni do not seem to do VR4 shocks either (maybe the V6 springs will fit?)

I have done a quick search here but wanted some more input if possible? /help

Thanks

Pezz

pezza
17-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Folllowing on from Derek's thread on suspension..

anyone done a shock only change on the VR4?

Any recommendations on replacement units apart from stock 130quid each ones?

Cheers

Pezzz

bernmc
17-06-2005, 07:38 PM
My car has bilsteins with what looks like std springs. Don't know much about it as the car came with them. I couldn't see a part number when I last looked though.

pezza
20-06-2005, 11:29 AM
My car has bilsteins with what looks like std springs. Don't know much about it as the car came with them. I couldn't see a part number when I last looked though.

Cheers Bern,

I will see if I can get any part numbers for the bilstein....

On a slightly diff note, anyone know how much anti roll bar links/ends are?

Cheers

Pezz

Nick Mann
30-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Zentac posted this about the EC5A a few months ago:

Front Shocks upto 02/99 - MR272661
Front Shocks after 02/99 - MR455677

Rear Shocks upto 02/99 - MR272701
Rear Shocks after 02/99 - MR455688

Don't know if it helps. Pezz, if you find a good deal, let me know as my front shocks need doing. (Rather urgently I think!!)

pezza
30-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Zentac posted this about the EC5A a few months ago:

Front Shocks upto 02/99 - MR272661
Front Shocks after 02/99 - MR455677

Rear Shocks upto 02/99 - MR272701
Rear Shocks after 02/99 - MR455688

Don't know if it helps. Pezz, if you find a good deal, let me know as my front shocks need doing. (Rather urgently I think!!)

Wotcha Nick...

cheers for that... the mistu replacements are 110 +VAT each I believe. I was enquiring about alternatives... just to see if I can upgrade :inquisiti

Bilstein uprated replacements (B8's) I think are 217 each /help of those and you may as well go for complete set of 4 coilvers (adjustable) LOL

As your car has been lowered Nick, are you sure that you have standard mitsu shocks on there too (or whether they will fit)? If you need shortened shocks then I think Bilstein B6s (like the ones in the B12 Kit) are available... also Koni do a sport damper which is standard height but can be used with lowering springs (up to 30mm) These are part number 8040-1233 sports (Need to double check if they are happy with VR4)

AM toying with the idea of tein adjustables (height) I dont want to lower more than 30mm (which these will allow me to do) the speed humps are severe in north london. At the mo at standard height I can drive carefree (almost) in pursuit of prey :leer:

If you find anything on yer quest for replacements please let me know.. BTW have you identified what springs you have on yer car?

Cheers

Pezzzargh! :leer:

Nick Mann
30-06-2005, 07:40 PM
MR272661 £109.98 before VAT each. Not so good. Standard shocks will be fine, Pezz, although I think people have had full lowering kits for around £500. Seems daft spending almost £300 on 2 shocks! :rolleyes4