PDA

View Full Version : Possible TV NTSC->PAL Solution

banjojo
17-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Does anyone knows where I can find the MMCS's RCA plug? I have a 1997 VR-G (shameful its VR-G not VR4 :P)

I have a manual that says that there's a box somewhere in the car that you could put the video/audio RCA. But I can't find it. If I did here's one of the solutions that I found to watch TV.

http://www.tvone.com/cdm-630.shtml

as for the ac adapter its a very easy solution.
What do you reckon guys?

thanks by the way to this forum provided me lots of information. I'm planing to create a user manual for the MMCS. I've seen many people are having troubles w/ the MMCS. Lucky I have a Japanese work mate who could do most of the translation.

dickytim
17-06-2005, 07:18 AM
the box can be in 2 places, under the front seat or in the boot somewhere

The Vee
17-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I Know Kieran has done a lot of work with these things and has got a lot of info that may help in the Members area.

Lurch
17-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Mines in the boot under the right hand side removable panel on my leggie :)

banjojo
07-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Found IT! thanks! Since I know XBOX can be switched from PAL->NTSC or NTSC->PAL I got it working SWIFTLY on my Galant. All you have to do is have a chipped xbox w/ some necessary softwares you need. A wireless XBOX controller and there you go! I'll post a photo as soon as I can.

For the TV conversion, my relatives in the Philippines are shipping a "cheap" tv signal standards converter (normally cost a fortune in the US/UK etc.) I'll post you guys some updates.

And oh, as for the "power" for the xbox, thats a different story, however there's lots of alternatives like a converter 220/110 converter on the cigarette lighter :)

Gly
09-07-2005, 08:39 AM
you will need a min 300watt inverter, and you wont be able to run it thru the cig lighter as it will draw to much current

dickytim
09-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Gly are you sure the X-box draws that much current ?

Gly
15-07-2005, 10:03 PM
yep... so ive been lead to beleive....
they are 220volt AC drawing 1.1A, which works out to be a little under 300watts.

on my inverter it said it was not recommended to use maximum wattage thru the cig lighter. (anything over 100watts should be connected directlt to the battery.

dickytim
16-07-2005, 02:25 AM
sorry forgot about the conversion from AC-DC and 220v to 12V