PDA

View Full Version : Lowered Springs for sale

AllBeItMine
19-06-2005, 06:55 AM
well, funny story.

i wanted to get my car lowered so i went in to see my mates at pitstop.

they found a set of Kings Springs (super lows) and fitted them to my car. funny thing was that when they had finished, the car was exactly the same height it was before.

apparently - it already had lowered springs in the stupid thing and i didn't realise.... :rolleyes4

so - i'm putting the springs that were in my car up for sale seen as how i need to pay for the kings now. i had 17s' with 45profile tyres on them and these springs brought the wheels roughlly 2 fingers away frmo the top of the gaurds.

measurements from the centre of the wheel to the wheel arch with these springs in was 355mm at the front and 360mm at the back.

going for $100

kornstar
19-06-2005, 07:00 AM
yeah unlesss your car is really high, you have to ask to have your car set to an exact hight, say 101mm of the ground, that way you no it will be super low

_simon_
19-06-2005, 07:27 AM
I'd be keen on the springs. If you can wait a couple of weeks I'l be up in Auckland, girlfriend wants to go to Dressmart!
Whats the ride like with them, I'm a bit worried about my tyres rubbing as they seem pretty close width wise to the guards. Did you ever have any problems getting a warrent or hassels from our friends in blue?

97_Legnum
19-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Did you have standard shocks or lowered shocks with the springs. $100.00 is a bargin.

AllBeItMine
19-06-2005, 09:58 PM
My car has KYB AGX street race shocks. These are an adjustable damper shock and apparently a Ralliart factory extra. These springs where matched up to these shocks and the ride was good. Nice and firm - but at the same time you weren't bouncing all over the place.

i don't know what the springs are. some people have said they could be HKS springs. but all i know is they are black.

the car wasn't that low. as i said - it brought it down so that the tyres where about 2 fingers away from top of the gaurds.

no i never had any problems with rubbing, even under EXTREME cornering, and the rims i run have an Evo 6 offset with 225 tyres so they would have rubbed if the springs/shocks where knackerred.

take the measurements i gave up above for the centre of the wheel to the arch and measure your car and see if it makes it as low as you want.

i can wait a week or 2 - then they are going on trademe for $1 reserve.

cheers guys.

ShadyNZer
20-06-2005, 04:18 AM
i put in some HKS adjusties (i think theyre the ones that come standard on some cars, coz all it says is HKS Suspension) and even tho my rear is bout as high as yours (2 fingers from guards) im still rubbing something mean...are u rear guards rolled up? its alright when im by myself or with a passenger but when someones in the back as well then splurt....

also whats a good height to have the suspension set at? where do i take my car to get the adjusties raised/lowered?

bradc
20-06-2005, 11:48 AM
allbeitmine, you've got pm!

_simon_
25-06-2005, 02:50 PM
It has occurred to me that you may have been given the standard King lowering springs and not the super lows.

The gap on my wagon is about 70mm, I've been told standard lowering springs will drop it about 35mm leaving a 35mm gap which is approx 2 fingers.

The super lows are supposed to be about a 65mm drop. If you where expecting the super lows then I'd go back to Pit Stop and get them to double check what they've given you.

bradc
25-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Just to update the thread, I bought the springs earlier on in the week and I will get them fitted sometime soon.