PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on JDM GVR4 tranny

AWDRIVNDSM91
21-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Hey everybody....been looking around trying to find out a few things about my JDM GVR4 switchable transmission. Hoping I'd have some luck here. There is very little to no information available on how these things work.

Ok my questions are........

Do I need the JDM transfer case to be able to switch if back and forth(AWD/FWD)?

Does the bolt(plunger) thats being held by the bracket go IN or OUT when you take the bracket off? and depending on how it goes.....how do you reverse it to go back to AWD?

/help me and I'll be :drummer: :joker: :evil2: /yes

AWDRIVNDSM91
23-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Ultimate Resource my ass!

31 views and not even so much as a whisper, thanks a bunch.

Kenneth
23-06-2005, 04:21 AM
The reason you may not have got any replies could be to do with the following issues:

1) you do not seem to have an 8g Galant/Legnum. This site is a resource for the 8g Galant/Legnum. Other model information that is contained in the forums is by luck more than design. If you have parts from a 8g, you need to be more specific.

2) I have not come acrosss or heard of any 8g Galant/Legnums which can be switched between 2WD and 4WD. As far as I am aware it has never even been brought up on this site. With no experiance with switchable transmissions, you will not get any answers.

Good luck in your search for information, Pity we could not be of help. It would be interesting to have a switchable 2WD/4WD transmission on a 8g VR-4

jasevr4
18-07-2005, 04:00 AM
check out www.galantvr4.org

valmes
18-07-2005, 11:56 AM
You DSM guys have so much info laying around... and still you get nervous when nobody answers... :) That's funny.