PDA

View Full Version : spraying turbo's ?

SGHOM
22-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I noticed on sunday whilst queuing to race, Andy Barnes's mechanics ?? spraying his turbo with water ??
they were keeping a fine, but constant spray onto not only the turbo of his corolla, but the induction as well ?
I wondered if this was also done, from inside the car, whilst he was on the track ??
The reason I ask is because the smoke emmited from my exhaust after Wouters run was a bit of a worry.

/edit; now moved to correct place !! /help :embarasse :embarasse

ako
25-06-2005, 01:06 PM
The fact they sprayed it ON the turbo is weird, but maybe its some kinda of half arsed aquamist setup if its being sprayed on/into the induction?

SGHOM
25-06-2005, 03:12 PM
The fact they sprayed it ON the turbo is weird, but maybe its some kinda of half arsed aquamist setup if its being sprayed on/into the induction?
half arsed ?? :inquisiti he ran a 10.1 @ 147 mph !! /yes

ako
26-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Like I said, didn't have a damn clue what the car is. Could be some form of that though? Some people run similar systems over here, with varying degrees of success.

SGHOM
26-06-2005, 08:08 AM
he was just using a houshold spray bottle, with water in it, & keeping the turbo & piping cool ?? I was thinking, if it's good enough for Andy Barnes, then it's good enough for me !! :thumbsup: