PDA

View Full Version : my sick VR4

jaysback
16-08-2003, 08:31 PM
came outside the other morning to find coolant on the floor where the car had been parkedINSERT INTO post VALUES (wife had taken it to work).
luckily she didnt fry it:)
my friend stripped it down a little INSERT INTO post VALUES (hes a mechanic btw) and had a little lookie at
needless to say he got scarred when we needed to take the oil filter off the gearbox.
after a quick phone call to VBJ i found out thta this is a fairly common problem and by all accounts a bit of a biatch to fix.
tekie bit :- the thermostat housing mounts above the gearbox onto both the heads. from the rear of the thermostat there is a metal pipe which i am guessing has rubber sleeveINSERT INTO post VALUES (grommits)that stop it leeking.
this goes from the block to the back of the thermostat.
looks like the rubber seals have gone hard and have started to break up.

so today had to fork out £131 just to get it to newburyINSERT INTO post VALUES (VBJ).
a sad sight to see me baby on the back of a recovery truck:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Kieran
16-08-2003, 08:41 PM
:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( Sorry to hear of your misfortune. What a nightmare!

At least VBJ have heard of it and know how to fix it, even if it's a bit of a sod:)
From the many comments i've seen on here, I'm sure that your baby is in good hands - and that's got to be a bonus:cool1:

Keep us posted!

PUDD
16-08-2003, 08:49 PM
:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( sorry to hear your bad news m8,hope u can have it sorted really soon,and maybe we might see u at castle combe on the 30th aug.:D

jaysback
16-08-2003, 08:50 PM
its where i got it from:)
and they r a good bunch of lads up there.
i dont have any worrys about them touching it

jaysback
16-08-2003, 08:53 PM
whats on at castle combe?
i havent been on here in a while INSERT INTO post VALUES ( trying to sort out moving house) STRESS.........
should be in by then
so i should be up for that.

zedy1
16-08-2003, 10:51 PM
lets hope u get it back soon mb

Spirit
16-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( Sorry to hear of your misfortune. What a nightmare!

At least VBJ have heard of it and know how to fix it, even if it's a bit of a sod:)
From the many comments i've seen on here, I'm sure that your baby is in good hands - and that's got to be a bonus:cool1:

Keep us posted!

Second that - good luck mate

BraindG
16-08-2003, 11:19 PM
did you see my poor baby while you were there :Cry1:

zedy1
16-08-2003, 11:29 PM
have you still not got it back yet :nono: :nono: no need to cry

BraindG
16-08-2003, 11:39 PM
nope not yet.. .got some cash flow problems at the minute.. cant afford something, untill i can, i cant get the car back o nthe road basically... :Cry1:

jaysback
17-08-2003, 07:41 AM
mine was sick enough that it left my house on a transporter.
watched it roll off into the distance dripping anti freeze:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

hope you get yours back soon braing. i now know what its like to be without my VR4:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

ITMATT
18-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Left on a transporter!!! did you have a man in a black suit walk in front of it out of your street?

Truly sad news

jaysback
18-08-2003, 09:06 PM
rofl.
it aint quite dead, but still very sad.
will give them a ring tomorrow and find out if they had a chance to take a look.
hope the damage to my wallett aint to bad

jaysback
28-08-2003, 09:03 AM
update

coroded pipe and seals gone :INSERT INTO post VALUES (
they have sourced a second hand pipe thats in good nick, but have to wiat for new seals from mitsi:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( and they dont know how long they will take:Cry1:
then it needs a service and possibly a wheel bearing.

ITMATT
28-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Better go find a second job to pay for it!

jaysback
01-09-2003, 04:58 PM
pick her up tomorrow:)
£580 inc service ;)