PDA

View Full Version : idea for back bumper

bradc
24-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm sorry that I've had to cut the image down a bit, if anyone wants the full image I can send it to them (it includes both sides of the car!)

The idea is to screw onto the main section of the original bumper on the facelift model, and to discard the second chin of the original bumper, the red area I've marked out in the second photo.

The whole point is to allow exhausts to be fitted to both sides of the car, while of course looking a little bit better too.

Thoughts?

enigma
24-06-2005, 02:47 PM
err why not just do this???

:inquisiti

bradc
24-06-2005, 09:12 PM
My car is so close to your's it isn't funny, same colour, mags, etc. I have got the two little pieces of plastic on order for a second exhaust, and I do have the part codes for them too. I need to update my own thread with the part codes too. You're definately my inspiration for that!

As I said above though, half of the reason is doing it for looks, and while the back of your car looks really good, I'm keen for something a little bit different. IMHO the design of the front of our cars is a 10/10, but the rear is only a 5/10 at best ;)

BraindG
25-06-2005, 08:15 AM
As I said above though, half of the reason is doing it for looks, and while the back of your car looks really good, I'm keen for something a little bit different. IMHO the design of the front of our cars is a 10/10, but the rear is only a 5/10 at best ;)

yeah, even with my galant, pre face lift i feel that way.. always thought that all i need is some nice skirts, and something round the back.. it needs it, the back isn't the prettiest thing in the world, and it also seems to be a million miles off the tarmac.

Kenneth
26-06-2005, 09:30 PM
... and it also seems to be a million miles off the tarmac.

Yep, and the higher the better! (sort of)

The back of the car starts curving upwards at some point, which gives it the look that the back is quite high.

It may not be 100% on the looks, but its definatly a good thing when it comes to aerodynamics. The air that follows the bottom of the car will follow the curve and push upwards, creating downforce.

They could have made it look better though.

Anyway, I think its worth while thinking about the aerodynamic issues if you plan on putting a skirt on the back that makes it look close to the ground.