PDA

View Full Version : WT: Carbon Fibre Bonnet

michaeli
24-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi All...

Can someone point me in the right direction of one that is for sale or someone that can make them please?? :leer: /yes :happy:

I would take an angle grinder to my existing one and put some vents in it (Like BDA) but I don't have a spare one... Unles you have one... :smug: how much??? :inquisiti

Thanks in advance, :thumbsup:

Mike

landy
24-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I thought about making my own at one time, even bought a bonnet vent (bit like BDA's) but never got round to actually doing it.

The plan was to buy another bonnet first to cut up. :shocked: They were suprisingly cheap new.

This is an email off a breakers from autotrader (it is about 5 months old though)

After placing your request through BreakerLink, JAPANESE CAR BREAKERS
on 0121 772 8882 has made a no obligation quotation for you.

Part 1: BONNET. £80

Delivery: £10
VAT: £00
Grand Total: £90

Breakers Comments: new
will have to check on 2nd hand

To order these parts please call JAPANESE CAR BREAKERS on 0121 772 8882
or email japcarbreakers@hotmail.com.

michaeli
25-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Blimey!!! Thanks Landy!!! :chugchug:

BraindG
25-06-2005, 11:09 AM
80 quid for a new bonnet? that can't be right, can it? seems cheap

Pescha
25-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Well brand new I can get them for £350 to your door. The company I got mine thru said it would take up to 10 weeks to get them to you. As they have to order them get them to NZ and send them to UK and they just sent one 4 weeks ago to the UK and it got there undamaged....

So if you are keen there is a £60 deposit (round fiqures) before he orders them.

Hope this helps. I have one on mine and its FANTASTIC!

Pescha!

MR.VOODOO
25-06-2005, 04:30 PM
as i havea carbon bonnet now
you can have my old one for £100 some stone chips but ok

michaeli
26-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Well brand new I can get them for £350 to your door. The company I got mine thru said it would take up to 10 weeks to get them to you. As they have to order them get them to NZ and send them to UK and they just sent one 4 weeks ago to the UK and it got there undamaged....

So if you are keen there is a £60 deposit (round fiqures) before he orders them.

Hope this helps. I have one on mine and its FANTASTIC!

Pescha!

Pescha, do you mean Carbon Fibre or New Metal Bonnet??

Pescha
27-06-2005, 02:35 AM
I mean a completed carbon fibre one, not the cheap nasty ones that have a thin layer over top of a metal bonnet. If you see our Tauranga pics, that carbon fibre bonnet is what I got and it has no metal in it at all. The vents are of alloy mesh!

Hope this helps.

Pescha!

michaeli
27-06-2005, 08:11 AM
I mean a completed carbon fibre one, not the cheap nasty ones that have a thin layer over top of a metal bonnet. If you see our Tauranga pics, that carbon fibre bonnet is what I got and it has no metal in it at all. The vents are of alloy mesh!

Hope this helps.

Pescha!

Hi Pescha!!

That sounds great!!! I can't find the pics though.... can you email me some??

I have sent a PM with email address... what style is it?? Evo or something??

Thanks Pescha... You're a star!!!! :thumbsup: :chugchug: :thumbsup:

Mike

MR.VOODOO
27-06-2005, 09:44 AM
if it works out to be £350 i will be a mokies uncle

mine cost me £645 .oo

you have to add duty/vat/airport handling etc AT LEAST
I know this because i import bonnet my to sell

so if it was £350 + duty + vat + air port handling it will be minimum £498 aprox
any way

see
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8542

Pescha
27-06-2005, 10:10 AM
if it works out to be £350 i will be a mokies uncle

mine cost me £645 .oo

you have to add duty/vat/airport handling etc AT LEAST
I know this because i import bonnet my to sell

so if it was £350 + duty + vat + air port handling it will be minimum £498 aprox
any way

see
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8542

Ok here is the deal you do the math!!!!! (btw if you don't trust what I am saying that's just fine by me.)

Glenn the guy from where I got my bonnet from (www.lightningmotorsport.co.nz) said the cost to the club is $600.00NZ (232.146 GBP) + $150NZ (58.0081 GBP) to the UK (they just recently done the same deal for a guy in the UK....) So when I was at school this all added up to be $750NZ (290.119 GBP) and thats all up..... If you REALLY don't like to believe me, you can contact Glenn directly on (+64 07) 847 6638 thats his wrk number. I have his personal cell number (which I'm not prepared to give to who ever) or you can email him on info@lightningmotorsport.co.nz. Please remember if you want it cheaper again we can bulk order them to achieve this!!!! Posting time to UK is approximatley 10 weeks. Glenn also stated that he requires a $150NZ (58.0081 GBP) deposit. Please state that you are a CLUBVR4 member recommend by Pescha!

Cheers,
Pescha!

Pescha
27-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Pescha!!

That sounds great!!! I can't find the pics though.... can you email me some??

I have sent a PM with email address... what style is it?? Evo or something??

Thanks Pescha... You're a star!!!! :thumbsup: :chugchug: :thumbsup:

Mike

The style is either an Evo 5 or 6 not sure which! lol, I hope you get my PM!

Pescha!

michaeli
27-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Pescha... I trust you!!! :thumbsup: :smug: :happy:

I've contacted Glenn and can't wait to get my hand on it.... (ahem, the bonnet not Pescha for those more sinical members...)... :happy: :thumbsup: :smug:

Thanks a million Pescha, I'll let you know how it fits!!! (ahem...The bonnet I mean.. nothing saucy...)

Mike

Pescha
27-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Pescha... I trust you!!! :thumbsup: :smug: :happy:

I've contacted Glenn and can't wait to get my hand on it.... (ahem, the bonnet not Pescha for those more sinical members...)... :happy: :thumbsup: :smug:

Thanks a million Pescha, I'll let you know how it fits!!! (ahem...The bonnet I mean.. nothing saucy...)

Mike

Promises promises haha! I am in love with my bonnet :smitten: you wont be disappointed I assure you.... Let me know what the reply is ok?

Pescha!

michaeli
27-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi Pescha..

The email and web address above are incorrect.. You've missed an N out.

It should read...

www.lightningmotorsport.co.nz

info@lightningmotorsport.co.nz

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Mike

Pescha
27-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Pescha..

The email and web address above are incorrect.. You've missed an N out.

It should read...

www.lightningmotorsport.co.nz

info@lightningmotorsport.co.nz

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Mike

I'm sorry hun, my fault! I was awake yesterday morning at 6am, travelled 500kms yesterday, worked a full day 8-5 with children under 5 today and went for a 1 1/2 hour training in Tae Kwon Do tonight plus its 10.35pm here at the mo.... I'm pretty shattered, my appologies!

Pescha lol....

michaeli
27-06-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry hun, my fault! I was awake yesterday morning at 6am, travelled 500kms yesterday, worked a full day 8-5 with children under 5 today and went for a 1 1/2 hour training in Tae Kwon Do tonight plus its 10.35pm here at the mo.... I'm pretty shattered, my appologies!

Pescha lol....

No problem Pescha....

Taekwondo?? Has fighting the guys off become so tough that you have to resort to Taekwondo??? :smug:

Guys... Anyone know a fighting style to combat Taekwondo?? Only my tickets booked for NZ and I need to learn in 5 days.... /help

Mike :thumbsup:

WildCards
27-06-2005, 02:47 PM
If you REALLY don't like to believe me, you can contact Glenn directly

Handbags?

d3x
27-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Handbags?

lol

as ever wildcarts, you are the epitome of sarcasm.... :leer:

MR.VOODOO
29-06-2005, 10:25 AM
i belive the price of 290.119 GBP if that is correct
but
in the uk you might end up paying duty + vat at the least

so an extra £ 67.oo on top
but the bonnet is cheap even at that price
that having said i would like to compair the quality to me bonnet

Smokinmasta2
29-06-2005, 11:20 AM
i belive the price of 290.119 GBP if that is correct
but
in the uk you might end up paying duty + vat at the least

so an extra £ 67.oo on top
but the bonnet is cheap even at that price
that having said i would like to compair the quality to me bonnet

...........and you still have not answered my PM about your old bonnet..... /Hmmm

Smokin.............

MR.VOODOO
29-06-2005, 11:22 AM
sorry mate

it,s just my old bonnet standard one