PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2000 'X' Reg Galant V6 Sport

Kieran
25-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Well folks, he's been a good companion, but all good things must come to an end. Yes, that's right, Hordak is now officially for sale.

Here are Hordak's current credentials. Rather than muck about, here's the 'warts and all' description of the car, which should hopefully answer your questions..

General Facts:

- First registered in November 2000 on an 'X' Plate

- 2 previous owners, the chap who I bought my GLS from and before that it was a director's car.

- HPI Clear - When I bought the car, I ran a HPI check and it showed up an outstanding finance agreement. I've had this occur before, and a quick telephone call resolved this. I have the Letter from Alliance and Leicester confirming that the finance agreement is complete and that they have no further interest in the car.

- 90,000 miles. It had 74,000 when I purchased the car.

- Full, Mitsubishi dealer service History. It was initially looked after by Mitsubishi Swansea, and latterly since it came into my possession, Chris Variavas in Nottingham. The service book is fully stamped and I have all of the paper printed receipts from my ownership period, though not any prior to this - However, as with my GLS, if you call the dealer and provide the car's credentials, they will inform you of the work they have performed on the car, though they will not print out the sheets for you, as they will contain the previous owner's address, etc.

- At a cost of £350, I have booked the car in for it's 90,000 mile service this Monday (27/6).

- As you know, it has seen more polish in one year than most cars see in a lifetime!! :sunny:

- Tax untill August 2005.

- MOT February 2006.

Upgrades
Inside, there is an APEXi RSM, and a Flip-out TFT screen is in the dash. Currently attached to a HKS CAMP, though it does also have inputs if you wanted to connect a PS2 or an in-car DVD or something. The CAMP may be removed before sale, depending on the price I am offered.

Externally, the car is currently on H&R -30mm Lowering Springs, with new Bilstein Gas-filled shock absorbers. The shocks are Original specification - with the Galant, shortened shocks aren't usually needed unless you're going more than 60mm lower. The original shocks were all dead, but the original springs will be provided with the car, should you wish to return to standard.

The brakes are Rossini Grooved Discs all round, with Black Diamond pads at the rear, and ADL Blueprint pads at the front (when I bought them, Black Diamond didn't list the front pads, d'oh! )

At the rear is a Fujitsubo Legalis rear box, and a de-cat is currently on the car. The Cat will be provided with the car, so you will be okay come MOT time. I *May* return the back-box to standard, depending what price I am offered.

Bad Bits

As you'd expect, the car does have a few faults, which I have listed below.

The standard 17" alloys are in need of a re-paint. In the sale, I shall also include a set of brand new, never fitted 16" Smiths Wheels. I actually bought these for my old Galant GLS, but sold the car before I fitted them.

The lacquer has peeled off on a couple of places on the passenger door. It doesn't look too bad, but I feel it worth mentioning.

As you'd expect from a car with nearly 90,000 on the clock, my clutch and possibly my gearbox need an overhaul. The clutch is not slipping or anything like that, and the gear change is still nice and crisp, but the clutch does now chatter when it's engaged onto the flywheel, and there is more transmission noise than there was. I called the place that Derek (Interlec) had his gearbox fixed (see this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8173&page=2&pp=20&highlight=gearbox)) The chap said that the problem could be just the clutch, or possibly the input shaft bearings, and they quoted me £500 to have the gearbox apart and recondition it.

The final 'Bad' bit is from it's pre-Kieran days as a director's car. It looks like some berk backed into the rear passenger corner at some point. The quality of the repair is excellent - Just to make you aware that it's there. It's certainly not a bodged job with filler and newspaper!!

And finally, and probably the most important part of any car advert - The price...

I will accept £3400 ovno.

I have come to this price after taking several things into consideration. Most Galant Sports of this vintage with average miles are around the £5000 price range. After adjusting for mileage, the potential £500 to get the transmission sorted, and also considering the cost of getting the peeled laquer blown-in, I feel that this is a fair price. I would rather sell 'as is' and give the buyer the option of how to tackle the repairs.

PM me if you are seriously interested. If you have any burning questions that are not answered here. Post them rather than PMing them, so that others can see the answers.

As one chapter ends, so another one begins.... :smug:

Kieran

SGHOM
25-06-2005, 08:44 AM
any mot left on it ?? :embarasse

Kieran
25-06-2005, 05:33 PM
any mot left on it ?? :embarasse

MOT is due February 2006. :thumbsup: I shall amend the advert accordingly, thanks, D!

colVR4
26-06-2005, 10:32 PM
£3500...jeezuz 'H' Christ!! Is that all I'm gonna get for my V6 when I sell it? That is so not good. I was hoping to get at least £4500.

I'm not gonna even start the guessing game as to what you are getting next. We all know that you've been eyeing up one of those BMW 318i's :rolleyes4

Kieran
26-06-2005, 10:56 PM
£3500...jeezuz 'H' Christ!! Is that all I'm gonna get for my V6 when I sell it? That is so not good. I was hoping to get at least £4500.

You probably will get that to be fair, Col. Thing is - I need a QUICK sale. I haven't got the space for 2 Big-ass cars now my Coupe is here! /help I've priced to sell, though it does mean selling myself short by some degree. Most people who saw the car today seemed to be in agreement.... Or they were just being polite!! :embarasse /help

stevec205gti
27-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Do you have any pictures of it anywhere so I can have a look - especially interested in seeing all the bits you've pointed out!!!

Kieran
27-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Do you have any pictures of it anywhere so I can have a look - especially interested in seeing all the bits you've pointed out!!!

Your wish is my command. Click this link, and thanks for the interest. :happy:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=326

BraindG
27-06-2005, 01:07 PM
there are some here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=326)

Kieran
27-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh, and just to confirm, the car is currently at Chris Variava's in Nottingham, having it's 90,000 mile service :smug:

Kieran
29-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh, and just to confirm, the car is currently at Chris Variava's in Nottingham, having it's 90,000 mile service :smug:

...Which it flew through without incident. :smug: Well, other than the amount of squawking I always do when it's time to pay the bill! :embarasse

The dealer noted that whilst the transmission is noisy, that gearbox function in terms of shift quality is still okay and that they didn't see any imminent need to investigate further. They also said that the gearbox fluid (changed at 75,000 miles) is okay. At my request, they annotated the service document (including the carbon copies that they keep) to reflect this. :thumbsup:

Yoda
30-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Possibly interested, to avoid getting your hopes up I'm 50/50 at moment. Anyway.................

1) What is the nearest airport to you?
2) What interior does the car have, is this the Momo steering wheel version?
3) Any more pics of the car, interior and exterior to bobbykennedy@gmail.com
4) Would you be willing to subtract the price of my airfare from your asking price of £3400?
5) Does the sport model suffer from the same ball joint problems as the VR4 and if so has it had it's recall and been rectified?
6) What exactly is the APEXI RSM and what does it do? I thought they were boost controllers.
7) I saw the picture in the post "Hordak is famous" . How many quarter mile days has Hordak been to and how many runs has he done? On a softer note how did he get on time wise?

Cheers Bob.

Kieran
30-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi Yoda.

Okay, here you go - See answers in itallics.

"1) What is the nearest airport to you?"
-East midlands international, at Castle Donnington. It's about 40 mins away from here.

"2) What interior does the car have, is this the Momo steering wheel version?"
-It is indeed the Momo version, with cloth seats. It's the later version sport, so the centre console is in mock-titanium, not carbon fibre.

"3) Any more pics of the car, interior and exterior to *email*"
-No problems. Do you have broadband though, as my pictures are rather big.

4) Would you be willing to subtract the price of my airfare from your asking price of £3400?
-Erm, depends how much the airfare is! If it's a nominal amount, then *maybe*. Otherwise, given the already stupidly cheap price I'm offering it at, I think it's worth the trip ;)

"5) Does the sport model suffer from the same ball joint problems as the VR4 and if so has it had it's recall and been rectified?"
Yes it does - the balljoint issue affects *all* 8G Galants worldwide. It has been in for the recall, which is on the service sheet. The offside arm was within tolerance, whilst the nearside arm was replaced.

"6) What exactly is the APEXI RSM and what does it do? I thought they were boost controllers."
-The RSM is not a boost controller or a fuel computer. They are the AVC-R and the S-AFC respectively. For details on the RSM, click here: Apexi RSM (http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electronics_detail.asp?id=199&pageNum=1)

7) I saw the picture in the post "Hordak is famous" . How many quarter mile days has Hordak been to and how many runs has he done? On a softer note how did he get on time wise?
-Hordak has been to 3 events, with a total of 9 runs taken as I remember - 3 each time. I hasten to add (and The Vee and Iboots will confirm this) that you cannot do any hard launching in the V6 - No clutch side-stepping and silly revs here, thankyou very much! In terms of times.... Best was 16.2 @ 88mph.

Yoda
30-06-2005, 10:09 PM
"3) Any more pics of the car, interior and exterior to *email*"
-No problems. Do you have broadband though, as my pictures are rather big.

Broadband at this end so fire away,

Cheers Bob

Yoda
01-07-2005, 01:23 AM
Kieran, thanks for the photos and the Apexi explanation, this is a beautiful car in mint A1 condition, you could eat your dinner of any part of it!

I have sent you a PM with my thoughts and current position,

Bob.

bernmc
01-07-2005, 11:12 AM
If you do a search for things like polish and meguiars etc. you'll see that Kieran is obsessive about a clean car. I saw it recently and the Sheffield Massive ;) and it's a beautiful looking machine. And for that silly price, if you're in the market for one, you need a lobotomy if you don't jump at it!

Kieran
01-07-2005, 04:48 PM
If you do a search for things like polish and meguiars etc. you'll see that Kieran is obsessive about a clean car. I saw it recently and the Sheffield Massive ;) and it's a beautiful looking machine. And for that silly price, if you're in the market for one, you need a lobotomy if you don't jump at it!

Why, thankyou!! :sunny: :smug:

Hey! I'm not obsess.......... YIKES!!! :inquisiti A leaf has just blown onto my car!! :embarasse Please excuse me!! /duh

psbarham
01-07-2005, 07:20 PM
sorry mate i scared off a flock of blackbirds and they headed your way

Kieran
03-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Sold! :thumbsup:

I-S
03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
How many months of polishing before we get to see the new one?

Kieran
03-07-2005, 09:49 PM
How many months of polishing before we get to see the new one?

Trust me, this one will take a while! /pan /grr /Nuuu /Nuuu :love: :love: :love:

Big Ian
03-07-2005, 11:56 PM
:inquisiti so......do we have another Scottish Galant owner /Hmmm or has someone else bought it?

Kieran
04-07-2005, 06:19 AM
:inquisiti so......do we have another Scottish Galant owner /Hmmm or has someone else bought it?

The soon-to-be new owner certainly isn't Scottish! :scholar:

stevec205gti
04-07-2005, 08:33 AM
But his wife is! :D

Big Ian
04-07-2005, 08:57 AM
But his wife is! :D

/Hmmm ...............enjoy :thumbsup: (just watchout for a silver legnum owner :inquisiti checking up on how clean "Hordak" is being kept)

colVR4
04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Well done Kieran. I just wish I could get mine sold now. I need the car parking space!!

Kieran
08-07-2005, 10:34 AM
'Tis always sad to see a car that's been loved drive off into the distance /Wyhy :bigcry: But I'm happy that Hordak's gone to another enthusiast! Cheers Steve :thumbsup: Keep him nicely polished! :scholar:

stevec205gti
08-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I did think you were a bit subdued as we were loading her up - I promise to apply my Meguiars liberally as often as I can...