PDA

View Full Version : Tein Super Wagon coilovers

Dan_G
25-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi people,

Spent today fitting some Tein Superwagon coilovers to my car.

The units are heights and damper rebound force adjustable....

In the end I went for a fairly modest Drop of 36mm at the front and 28mm at the back.

Went for a drive afterwards and WOW!!....... you can take corners like a madman :rolleyes4 :evil2: .... body roll is reduced alot and now the car sits pretty much level all the way round corner's and feels very surefooted even in the tightest corners.... and I'm glad to say the ride is pretty comfy too, not to harsh like I was expecting........ and before I fitted them my suspension used to bounce at the back, but the bouncy feeling has totally gone now...

so much better than the stock setup.... 'm such a happy boy :2thumbsup :D

heres some piccy of before and after:

bernmc
25-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Dan, could you post the part numbers and poss supplier details (if you're happy with them) so it'll be easy for anyone doing a search to get hold of all the details.

Dan_G
25-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Dan, could you post the part numbers and poss supplier details (if you're happy with them) so it'll be easy for anyone doing a search to get hold of all the details.

SIR, YES SIR...... :happy:

funky styling........

and, ermm.... DSR42-91SS3

Axeboy
25-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Do you know if these are the same ones that were factory fitted to some cars?

SGHOM
25-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Dan, could you post the part numbers.
is there a part number for strongbow ?? :inquisiti :chugchug: :chugchug:

looking cool Dan !! :thumbsup:

& who's is the roller in the garage ?? :embarasse

psbarham
26-06-2005, 06:32 AM
& who's is the roller in the garage ?? :embarasse
i thought i was the only one sad enough to have noticed it , is it a silver spur dan?

zentac
26-06-2005, 08:56 AM
you need to add the incar electronic adjustable thingy now :)

Dan_G
26-06-2005, 09:11 AM
i thought i was the only one sad enough to have noticed it , is it a silver spur dan?

Hadent realised I'd cought that in the background until I posted the piccys... just too focused on the VR4:P

Its my dads pride and joy... Silver Spirit II. (being car mad runs in the family)

It has so much leather in it I think they must have took a field of cows to upholster it!! not my cuppa tea but the v8 in it sounds nice....

Dan

Wodjno
27-06-2005, 06:06 PM
you need to add the incar electronic adjustable thingy now :)

I'm Tinking you are meaning the "EDFC".. /yes

Nick Mann
04-07-2005, 10:11 AM
A few more questions! Please could you describe the ride or can you adjust the harshness?

Could you give a ballpark figure on cost?

Thanks!!

MR.VOODOO
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM
guess what guys

I AM AN OFFICAL TEIN DEALER :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pezza
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
guess what guys

I AM AN OFFICAL TEIN DEALER :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thats good to know :thumbsup:

What kinda prices? and typical availability for these kits on a legnum (adjustable and non-adjustable)

I am close to a moment of weakness here /help (post birthday treat /Hmmm )

Cheers

Pezz

MR.VOODOO
04-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Having spoken to tein a few minutes ago , the dampers for the legnum / galant
wagon are special order only this means if we need to get them asap we will need to add a air freight charge to them . (£230 )
if however we get them with the stock order ( due in september ) this wont increase the price

They do 3 diffrent dampers ( all coil over ) and they are as follows

WAGON DAMPER ( HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE ONLY ) £490 + VAT

SUPER WAGON DAMPER ( AS ABOVE + REBOUND AND EDFC COMPTABLE ) £650 + VAT

GT WAGON ( AS ABOVE BUT WITH ADJUSABLE PILLOW BALL UPPER MOUNTS )
£895 + VAT

I can give discount @ - 10% for club members

IF any one wants a kit and is prepaid to wait the next dlivery will be in september with their stock order , if we do a special order we will need to add £230 to the above prices , if we miss this order we will have to wiat to december

hope this helps

pezza
04-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Cheers for that... /Hmmm

Dan look what you've started now! :thinking2

so about 520 for the height adjust only (with discount)... Wonder if its a bone shaking ride?

I guess the super wagon ones allow you to set how back jarring the ride is... :evil2:

The idea of height adjustable is the main thing for me tho.. I dont want to go too low esp with the roads/speed humps North West London area. :thumbsdow

Louis
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
How much for the EDFC?

MR.VOODOO
04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
edfc £280 + vat less 10%

Dan_G
04-07-2005, 10:54 PM
A few more questions! Please could you describe the ride or can you adjust the harshness?

Could you give a ballpark figure on cost?

Thanks!!

The ride harshness is adjustable as you can set the damper rebound.. /pan it has 16 adjustable positions.

I'm still playing with it at the moment..... So lets say 1 being the softest and 16 being the stiffest I have my rear dampers set at 6 and my front ones set at 8. and this gives a stiff ride but is'nt enough to knock out your teeth.

The overall setup(lower and stiffer) makes the car feel alot smaller than it is. before the car would wallow into corners and did'nt fill you with confidence. but now it just sqwats a little when you turn in.../Steeringw also, the car will tend not to understeer as much when pushing as before.

My brother has a Ibiza Cupra gti 16V and he compared the way the VR4 corners now as being similar to that. Bear in mind thats a small hothatch. So bold claims indeed!

costs are similar to above.

hope that helps

Dan

Wodjno
04-07-2005, 11:06 PM
if we do a special order we will need to add £230 to the above prices , if we miss this order we will have to wiat to december

Is this £230 for each purchase or for a bulk order.. :inquisiti

zentac
05-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Can you price them up for the FTO please.

MR.VOODOO
05-07-2005, 09:28 AM
re wodjo,zentac i will find out

MR.VOODOO
05-07-2005, 01:40 PM
fto tein super street height and rebound adjustable £ 640 + vat
this is the only damper listed by tein for the fto

as for delivery tein are checking
but if you/we are prepaid to wait till september their will be no extra carraige
if we want to get them buy september we will need to let tein know within 5 days

thanks ian

MR.VOODOO
05-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Is this £230 for each purchase or for a bulk order.. :inquisiti

haveing spoke to tein i need a rough idea who wants a kit so i can give them numbers .
so who might be intrestead ?? :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti

pezza
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Before I decide would just want to know about other's experiences with Tein..

I am thinking of the height adjustable units (Wagon Damper) - without rebound adjustment..

Anyone running these? If so, how hard is this setup ... does the car rattle over every single bump? :inquisiti

Before anyone says.. I am reading reviews thrown up by search :D

MR.VOODOO
06-07-2005, 05:28 PM
i have sold at least 8 sets of suspension and ever one is happy

zentac
06-07-2005, 07:10 PM
I had Tein`s on my last FTO and they were superb, Ive currently got JIC Magic on this FTO and they are equally as good but a little worn now so I may buy a new set of Tein.

pezza
11-07-2005, 12:19 PM
i have sold at least 8 sets of suspension and ever one is happy

Yup glad to hear you have had no complaints ..

just wondered how harsh the ride is compared to standard setup (I know the handling will be much much better)

I guess with the weight of the legnum the car wont be skittish / bouncy and ppl wont be thrown around in the cabin hitting heads on the roof (like the ride-in-a-mini-syndrome) not will they emerge with back jarring aches!

*wheres the credit card?* /Hmmm

No one out there with HA only care to comment?

richieelliott
26-08-2005, 02:00 PM
any update on this?
i would be interested defo in this gimme a shout ref whats going on xx
credit card loaded and ready to rock

£895 + VAT
edfc £280 + vat
i work that out as around £1242 ????????????

MR.VOODOO
31-08-2005, 03:35 PM
zentac
so sorry for late reply have being going through my old stuff and found many an un-answerd question
any way

fto super street £640+ vat -10%

Munta
25-03-2007, 05:02 AM
They do 3 diffrent dampers ( all coil over ) and they are as follows

WAGON DAMPER ( HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE ONLY ) £490 + VAT

SUPER WAGON DAMPER ( AS ABOVE + REBOUND AND EDFC COMPTABLE ) £650 + VAT

£895 + VAT

I can give discount @ - 10% for club members

I know this is a really old thred... just having a look at tein coil overs want to replace my blisteins currently ridgid and back jaring bouncy (really good for the track tho)
im looking for 1s with damper/rebound adjustment...
how different do the super wagon and the gt wagon shocks make the ride...
how does the adjustible pillow ball upper mounts (dont know wot they are) make the ride better?
is it more for track use?

low_vr4
28-12-2011, 11:48 PM
are these the low down spec cool style super wagons?

Xenon
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
My impression is that Mr. Voodoo is no longer active here, according to some stats in his profile:

Last Activity: 09-04-2009 06:10 PM

But please correct me if...

I'm looking for a new set of TEIN SWD (+ EDFC) too, still awaiting response from traders...

Xenon
04-01-2012, 11:04 AM
This morning, I've ordered a set of these, incl. EDFC... :rolleyes4

MarkSanne
04-01-2012, 11:52 AM
NICE Vincent!!! VERY nice!

Xenon
04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks mark. I'm looking forward to mount this stuff. Let's forget about january, february and march. Let's start with april within five days from now... :-ished: