PDA

View Full Version : Club Meets the CHEAP way (and enjoying it)

Kenneth
26-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Car pooling.

Might sound a bit dumb going to a car meet and not taking your car, but its not.

The last 2 meets I have been on I have car-pooled.
On the Wellsford run, I had Mel (97_legnum) as my passenger, on the Tauranga run I was the passenger (well, most of the way... hehe)

I can honestly say it was more fun than driving alone. Much more fun actually. That water gun was a hoot :evil2:

Anyway, to continue... We were discussing the fact that a lot of members seem keen on the meets, then don't turn up. We also realise that it is actually quite expensive to fuel the car for a run such as down to Tauranga. Must have been around $80 worth of gas from the north shore and back.

If this cost is preventing you from attending meets, I would like to propose a solution (already mentioned my Mel, but he jumped the gun... ) where members organise (or we can organise for you!) to car-pool and share the cost of the run.

Benefits:
1) Costs less. Cost saving is proportional to the number of people that want to pool
2) Costs less. Car rotiation means servicing intervals won't come around as fast as otherwise
3) You can have heaps more fun
4) You get to know other members better, and are able to discuss stuff while driving.
5) The more people (and a few more cars) would make the meets great.

Reducing the overall cost of the meets also has the benefit of leaving more cash to do fun things at the meets (instead of mostly cruising about)

What are your views on this? I would like to hear any opinions and ideas you might have.

KiwiTT
26-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Good idea Kenneth.

I propose that if we are having just a meet and greet style meeting, then we should all bring our cars so we tlak and walk around them

If however, we are planning a run, then passengering would be great. I would certainly like to give someelse the experience in mine and I would like to ride in anothers to a get a fell of theirs. And yes we can save some money.

Pescha
29-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Good idea Kenneth.
Here Here all for it!

Pescha!

p1_
29-06-2005, 12:27 PM
More a question of time than money mate, what with the family and all :happy: Good idea though riding shotgun.