PDA

View Full Version : my next performance mod

SGHOM
26-06-2005, 11:45 PM
It's cheap & cheerfull, & will make playtime a lot easier.
I need to speak to Ryan at wizard, to determine the correct wire from my progressive controller to the solenoids. I then plan to interupt this wire, & place a switch within easy reach whilst driving, ie; on the steering wheel.
As my NOS works via a TPS, It only kicks in on full throttle, & my NOS needs to be armed in order to do this.
the problem at the moment is my progressive controller takes around 90 seconds to reach 'race ready' mode ! not good if I want to use it quickly ?? /help so........ If a fit a switch in the circuit, I can leave my NOS armed all the time, & hit the button/switch when I want to play !!
A bit like 2F2F ?? .........er.......... a lot like 2F2F !! /Steeringw :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

bernmc
27-06-2005, 12:02 AM
alternatively why not interrupt the wire to the footswitch for the NOS?

SGHOM
27-06-2005, 12:08 AM
nah !
you only need NOS on full throttle, otherwise it would be gone in a few seconds.
you may need to put you foot down for other reasons than wasting a porsche etc !! :smug:
It's the delay in arming thats bugging me at the moment. :embarasse

BraindG
27-06-2005, 08:17 AM
that sounds cool, so.. when we were at pod, was it not kicking in as soon as your car set off or something?

SGHOM
27-06-2005, 04:59 PM
that sounds cool, so.. when we were at pod, was it not kicking in as soon as your car set off or something?
without scrolling through the menu on the progressive controller, setting are approx; 0.2 sec delay, 70% NOS........ 0.5 sec, 100% NOS [ so I dont get a sudden 'hit' of NOS ] there are various other settings also.
but that is not the problem !! It's the fact that when I arm the system, for the pod, It takes the controller 90 seconds to scroll through the various set up procedures, before it's 'ready to race' :embarasse
now.......... I dont want to use NOS all the time, for obvious reasons !! /help there are times when you want to put you're foot down to overtake for example, for that...... I dont need NOS. BUT !!.................. If something quick pulled up along side me at the lights, & I needed to show them who's boss, :leer: I may need some gas assistance !
should I ask him politely to wait for 90 seconds whilst my system arms ?? /pan with a remote switch on the steering wheel, I can leave my NOS armed, but activate it [ instantly ] at the touch of a button !!

bernmc
27-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry - thought your NOS was triggered by a footswitch on the throttle, once armed, not clever electronics. Must bo getting old...