PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2000 'W' V6 Sport

colVR4
27-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Yup, mines for sale too..for obvious reasons (see signature)

The car at present has a few minor dents (tesco carpark syndrome) and stone chips that I am getting repaired prior to sale so when you buy it will be in excellent condition. The bodywork itself has no signs of rust at all.

Here is the spec:

Pyrenees Black
INVECS Automatic Transmission
VDO CD player
Black Leather Interior
Climate Control
17" MOMO Fighter Alloys clad in Eagle F1 GSD3 XL tyres 215/45/17
4-sensor reversing system

The car has done 108k but drives like new. The gearbox shows no signs of any of the problems that some people have reported having. It happily shifts smoothly through the gears. /Steeringw

It is taxed until 31/12/05 and I will get an MOT done just before sale so that it has 12 months left.

The car has recently had a cambelt service so it is good for another 50k+ miles. It has a full Mitsi service history and has all the correct stamps in the book. There is a raft of paperwork, including all bills to go with the service history.

I will post some pictures as soon I can. The only other things that I am getting done before sale is the re-gassing of the aircon and a new oil sender unit fitted as it is faulty. The car is already booked into a Mitsi garage to get these done. Other than that the car has never caused any problems whatsoever.

I have removed the air filter mod that I fitted and the car now has a standard air box with K&N replacement panel filter. This can easily be removed and a standard filter put in its place if you so wish.

I am looking for in the region of £4,500 for it (as I am not as desperate to sell as Kieran) so please PM me if you are interested.

It is a stunning looking car and, in my opinion, black is THE colour to get :thumbsup:

colVR4
28-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Just in case anybody is interested in the car I thought I would supply a picture of it.

Car is going into the garage on Thursday to get the oil light and aircon sorted and a check over to make sure that everything else is ticketyboo ready for selling. I am going to give it a week on here and then stick it on e-bay and in autotrader, exchange and mart, etc...

Wodjno
28-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Col .. Good luck with your sale :thumbsup: .. I'm sure you won't have any probs floggng it.. /Steeringw By the way Whats wrong with your Air Con and Oil Light :inquisiti

colVR4
04-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Oil light is now fixed, it was a dodgy sender unit. Booked it in with Bells Mitsubishi and they fixed it. The aircon comes on when you first start the car and is fine. Once it gets cold enough it switches off but then doesn't come on again.

It either needs re-gassing or there is a dodgy sensor somewhere. It is booked in with Bells to get fixed so that won't be a problem for whoever is buying it either.

Just some further information:
It has been in for the ball joint recall
It is taxed until 31/12/05

colVR4
08-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Come on there must be someone looking for a

2000 BLACK V6 SPORT WITH LEATHER INTERIOR

It is just sat in the drive at the moment not getting used, which is just not fair on the car :(

colVR4
13-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Bump

Wodjno
13-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Bump

BUMP ?? :inquisiti

colVR4
14-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Just 'bumped' up the post to the top of the For Sale section. I have been looking at Autotrader and Exchange and Mart and there are V6 Sports on there going for a lot more than this one, yet I still haven't had much interest.

I think that Fleabay beckons.

V6nut
14-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I'd have a look but I was after a manual and despite everyone saying they last a million years I'd rather get one with lower milage. Does the auto make much difference to performance?

colVR4
14-07-2005, 11:15 AM
It depends on what kind of driving you do really. If you want to take it on the track or thrash it down country lanes then go for a manual, but if you are also going to be using it for a daily commute go auto. The great thing about the Tip box is that you can get a taste of both worlds.

You can be lazy and just leave it in drive, even then it works really well, or you can flick it across and have manual control of the gear changes. I love the auto in the V6, really smooth and quick changes.

I am selling mine for the simple reason that the wife has told me to!! If I had the choice I would use my V6 for daily commuting and the VR4 for a bit of fun. The V6 is pretty frugal and will return 30 mpg without much effort, even with the occasional thrash.

If you do want to have a look at mine sometime, just let me know and we can sort something out.

V6nut
14-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Thankyou kind sir, probably getting mine on sat though, and my sis has an fto tip and she had loads of probs wth it to start with, so bit worried about them and when I drove it it just felt strange,probably coz I'm used to stick.

colVR4
19-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Price has been dropped to £4,299 for club members. Had some interested, but all time wasters. One even offered me £3000 for it....yeh right. It is advertised on Autotrader and Exchange and Mart at the moment.

All problems have either been fixed or will be fixed in the very near future. They were only minor niggles anyway. The car will have 12 months MOT (I will put it through when its bought).

Rambaud
19-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I think the main problem is the mileage (from a valuation point of view.) I has a similar problem a few years ago when I was selling my Audi 90 Quattro with ~ 150,000 miles on the clock.

IIRC, Glass's Guide was showing a P/Ex value of ~ £2400 for a maual V6 Sport. So a cash price (trade) is likely to be nearer to £1900 for a V6 manual.

Pity it's not a VR-4, 'cos I might be tempted myself. :happy:

Kieran
19-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, that's for trade-in though. I based my selling price on Parker's seller ratings of 'Private Poor'. I went for 'Poor' on the basis of mileage (90,000) and the fact that the gearbox was getting a bit noisy, so I factored in the potential repair cost of that.

Col's V6 doesn't have any such question marks (other than mileage), so I wonder what Parkers reckon as a 'Private Good' sale?

Rambaud
19-08-2005, 05:21 PM
IME, Parkers tends to over-value - certainly that was my exeperience a few years ago, and I am not aware anything has changed.

I don't have enough experience with Mitsubishi cars, having owned 4-wd Audis for the past 12+ years, to have a "feel" for their values. So my starting point is always the trade value and work upwards (usually).

colVR4
19-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I think you have a fair point, but you also have to consider other factors such as the age of the car (despite mileage), the engine size, rarity (too many Beemer 3 series around), and the fact that it is an awesome car . The real problem is just getting someone to look at it and test drive it.

I bought this car two years ago with 75,000 on the clock for £7,500. All of that was pretty much done on the motorway by the person that owned it before me. It also has a full Mitsi service history which is pretty much immaculate. The only thing I have had to do are minor niggles. I don't think that £4,300 is too much for this car...in fact I think it is a bargain compared to what else you can get for your money for a car of this year and mileage.

Rambaud
20-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Did you buy it from a dealer? £7500 still sounds a lot for a 3 year old with 75,000 miles.

There was an article in the Times last week - the 2 year old V6 Elegance with 50,000 miles was valued at £6000 (private) and £7225 (dealer).

colVR4
20-08-2005, 05:05 PM
It was bought from a dealer with a 1 yr Red Zebra warranty, so I thought it was quite reasonable actually.

ANTHONY
20-08-2005, 05:12 PM
i agree col.... i paid 8k for my sport with 28k on clock and red zebra in jan this year for a 2001 car. on a trade in for my carisma which they paid me over the odds for.... so i was happy

ritch_w
20-08-2005, 05:33 PM
IIRC, Glass's Guide was showing a P/Ex value of ~ £2400 for a maual V6 Sport. So a cash price (trade) is likely to be nearer to £1900 for a V6 manual.

trade in price (glasses guide) for a 2000 X-reg V6 sport with 80-100K is £2100
:embarasse

sorry its not what you want to hear but thems the facts /help

i only got £6500 trading my '02 V6 sport (against the vr4), which was less than half what i paid 18months previous - still sticks in my throat that one.... /pan

unfortunatly galants depreciate heavily (worse than vectras :rolleyes4 )

Kieran
20-08-2005, 05:39 PM
trade in price (glasses guide) for a 2000 X-reg V6 sport with 80-100K is £2100
:embarasse

But again!! That's the TRADE-IN price, not the sale price!! :rolleyes4

I've just popped onto Parkers, posing as a *buyer* and it recons that a 'Private Good' sale is about £4500, though admittedly this is with 40,000 miles on the clock. Don't forget though that Col's car has full history, the optional (and not terribly common) leather interior and the Momo rims.

colVR4
20-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks Keiran for the support but I think that I am going to have to drop the price further. Its getting to the point where its going to start costing me money to keep it (insurance, servicing, Tax, etc). I think that anyone who buys this car for the price that I am asking will genuinely be getting a good deal.

So, as a special offer I will let it go for £4,099...thats my absolute minimum. I don't care what you tell me about depreciation or killer rabbits in the bodywork, I'm not dropping the price any further!!!! Thats getting very close to half of what I paid for it 2 yrs ago :(

ritch_w
20-08-2005, 06:14 PM
So, as a special offer I will let it go for £4,099...thats my absolute minimum. I don't care what you tell me about depreciation or killer rabbits in the bodywork, I'm not dropping the price any further!!!! Thats getting very close to half of what I paid for it 2 yrs ago :(

You should be able to sell it private for £4K ish, unfortunately the greater public either dont know about these magnificent cars or hold in the same high esteem we do, so it may take some time for the right buyer to come to you...... (but they will come - eventually!!! :thumbsup: )
try the dreaded autotrader for advertising

btw - were the killer rabbits optional or standard? :inquisiti

zedy1
20-08-2005, 09:24 PM
sold mine last week w reg with 115k miles no leather £3k :embarasse

Rambaud
20-08-2005, 11:46 PM
IME, if an item does not sell, it is because the price is too high.

It is everyone's perogative to price at whatever level one wishes. However, it is the market place which is the final arbiter on the "correct" value.

Col - don't get me wrong - I think your looks excellent in black. And if it were a VR-4, I would be very interested.

But the market place discriminates against high mileage cars (especially over 100,000 miles) - likewise large engines, automatics, poor colour etc.

Nick Mann
21-08-2005, 10:53 AM
The Galant does not sell quickly because it is a rare car. It holds its value much better than most cars of its size - only really beaten by upper end German rep-mobiles, which were probably more expensive in the first place. If you want to sell a Galant quickly, then you have to price it low. If you want to sell a nice example at a fair price, then you have to be prepared to wait.

I think it is probably time to let Col sell the car and stop cluttering his thread?

:thumbsup:

Big Ian
21-08-2005, 12:06 PM
i feel another factor is to do with second hand dealer's, most folk wanting to spend over 2K now go to garages for a newer car and get intrest free credit :rolleyes4

i say stick with it Col /yes that's a hell of a lot of car for a tad over £4K and it's only just "ran-in" at 100K mile's

colVR4
21-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Cheers lads, actually had my first real interest in the car today from someone down Southampton way. Wants it for his mother!! I knew that advertising it on Autotrader would get some results :D

I suggested he visited this site to read up on the Galant, so don't you lot go putting him off my car...awight!!

colVR4
05-09-2005, 09:41 AM
SOLD...yippee!!

Only got £3500 for it, but then I don't mind because it failed the MOT on lower ball joints (which I did tell the new buyer about). It would have cost me about £250 to get them fixed so I reckon that works out at about £3750. Not as much as I would have liked but at least it means I can pay for some more petrol for the VR4.

ritch_w
05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
nice one :thumbsup: