PDA

View Full Version : Club VR4 Licence Plate Surrounds

97_Legnum
27-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi Guy's, I was just thinking of other ways to promote this fine Web Site kindly created for us by our Admin Hosts.

And I thought, why promote the car dealership we brought our cars from, when we could replace the surround with these nifty ideas. They cost $36.00 per pair 1-9 sets, $31.00 per set 10-19 sets.

Anyway, since I only need 1 for the rear, because they won't fit around the front plate. It gave me a cheap idea. Why not go halves with someone for a set, I'm sure no one will miss $18.00 for a surround.

The website is www.platemates.co.nz.

I was thinking of having "The Ultimate Resource" Along the Top, and "www.clubvr4.com" along the bottom.

Go have a play and let us know what you think.

BraindG
27-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I like this idea :)

97_Legnum
27-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I like this idea :)
I'm glad you approve, I thought up the idea and put it across to Kenneth. With the amount of VR4's here in NZ, everyone looks at each others cars, and people may notice the surrounds because they are in perfect eye view to see.

The hopeful benefits are simple, to increase members.

The only unfortunate thing to this idea, is that the website doesn't get any proceeds from the purchases :embarasse

BraindG
27-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the only way to raise some cash would be to buy them in bulk, and sell them for slighty dearer, yet cheaper than buying individually from that company. However, then you run into a problem where people may not want them, thus money gone to waste.

97_Legnum
27-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, the only way to raise some cash would be to buy them in bulk, and sell them for slighty dearer, yet cheaper than buying individually from that company. However, then you run into a problem where people may not want them, thus money gone to waste.
Yes, thats quite right... I'm ordering a set tonite... Hopefully when others see it on my car, it will insprie them to buddy up and get a set. The site may not receive $$$ from it, and I wouldn't want to make $$$ off it personally. The benefit will be another form of exposure for the site.

_simon_
27-06-2005, 11:38 AM
I've been thinking about doing that for sometime but like cheese, good things take time.
A few months ago I've pulled my back one off to see where its made.
Paceseller Screenprint Ltd
paceseller@xtra.co.nz
PO Box 465
Hamilton
07 849 5295
Might be able to get a better deal??
I'd buy two, front one seems to fit fine.

97_Legnum
27-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I've been thinking about doing that for sometime but like cheese, good things take time.
A few months ago I've pulled my back one off to see where its made.
Paceseller Screenprint Ltd
paceseller@xtra.co.nz
PO Box 465
Hamilton
07 849 5295
Might be able to get a better deal??
I'd buy two, front one seems to fit fine.
That's all good, but personally I wouldn't order a bulk load, because you could end up with a load of them that don't get moved... Plus some may want a differrent colour and so on... $36 bucks for a set is cheap enff in my view, and if others just wanted one for the rear, then $18.00 is nothing.

I'm not looking to make $$$ of this, just wanna support the site and let others know there is a VR4 website.

i3ooyah
27-06-2005, 01:09 PM
cool, im trying to think up a snazzy one :P

colVR4
27-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Why not have your login name on there so other club members can recognize you?

97_Legnum
27-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Why not have your login name on there so other club members can recognize you?
Because I would rather promote this website and get others to login, than to state the odvious that I drive a a 97_legnum. Besides if other members wanted to know what my car looked like all they had to do is look for my user name in the vr4cars section.

colVR4
27-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Sorry, I meant in addition to the www.clubvr4.com

Kenneth
27-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Mel: if you want, ill go halves in your set (unless you already got someone in mind )

ShadyNZer
27-06-2005, 08:44 PM
hmmm might have to get one, ppl keep askin what my license plate says...

KiwiTT
27-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I can only put one on the rear as the front license plate is bent to fit the gap.

"The Ultimate Resource"

"www.clubvr4.com"

Sounds good to me.

kornstar
27-06-2005, 10:29 PM
you can get them off trademe aswell, not so pricey either

Pete M
27-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I can only put one on the rear as the front license plate is bent to fit the gap.
I posted some time ago about number plate brackets that I made up for mine that put the plate slightly higher, just under the curve of the bumper, so that the 'gap' is completely covered. I made them up from 10mm aluminium square stock. I needed them as the p-plate I got for the wife is the deeper type (It has 'Canterbury' and red and black stripes on it:smug:). In the standard position it nearly completely covered the air intake. I couldn't stand the thought of bending around the sides of what I'd paid good money for. Anyway the design is attached. I also used snake-eye screws for mine and loctite, as the plate on a previous car was stolen.

That's the other point about number plate frames. What about those with different shaped plates, such as message or euro-style?

The bracket mounts to the car with the middle hole. The curved bit at the top tucks into the shape of the 'gap' and brings the top hole for mounting the plate up flush with the top of the aperture. The only difference for normal plates is the distance down to the bottom hole. It won't be 130mm, but something less. It's probably even possible to fit a number plate frame on too, though a very slight curve in the top of the plate makes for a close fit to the bumper shape.

BraindG
27-06-2005, 11:41 PM

"The Ultimate Resource"

"www.clubvr4.com"

Sounds good to me.

clubvr4.co.nz :)

Pescha
28-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Well my number plate is is 'Pescha' (which btw is my name and user name) so I have the best of both worlds lol..... :thumbsup:

bradc
28-06-2005, 12:44 AM
How about

Twin Turbo 4WD top or Mitsubishi Legnum/Galant VR4 top

www.clubvr4.com bottom

97_Legnum
28-06-2005, 01:23 AM
How about

Twin Turbo 4WD top or Mitsubishi Legnum/Galant VR4 top

www.clubvr4.com (http://www.clubvr4.com) bottom
Well thats the beauty of this idea is we can have what ever you like along the top, as long as you are prepared to have the website in bold along the bottom. It's ok for those who are able to fit front and rear surrounds, but I'd say that ppl who have the standard front, will only be able to fit the rear on their car. But if you wanted something different along the top, just find someone else who likes what you wanna put on and buddy up for it. It doesn't was $$$ and doesn't have you keeping one that you can't use.

_simon_
29-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I've got a standard front and the surrond fits on, you just got to bend it a bit :)

NAUSED
07-07-2005, 03:24 AM
i was thinking of getting THERES NOTHING MORE HARDCORE on top, and THAN A VR-4 on bottom.

NAUSED
09-07-2005, 01:39 AM
any one want to go halfs with me on the plate surrounding