27-06-2005, 11:07 AM
finally got my bumper!!! yeah
got a evo 6 bonnet to put on now. just getting painted
sorry couldn't make it last weekend.
maybe next time.

http://img222.echo.cx/my.php?image=leggy1qp.jpg

ShadyNZer
27-06-2005, 08:29 PM
looks phat man, crux kit always sets it off.....
...**** thats the same colour i was guna get painted next weekend, didnt notice from your other pics....wanted a colour like this one...

ahh well keep lookin i guess... :thumbsup:

bluey
28-06-2005, 04:22 AM
looks phat man, crux kit always sets it off.....
...**** thats the same colour i was guna get painted next weekend, didnt notice from your other pics....wanted a colour like this one...

ahh well keep lookin i guess... :thumbsup:

true,
well we wanted to change the colour. the blue that I've got is the ford blue but i think my fella tinted it slightly. my partner painted a vr4 this awesome green - non like it. different light changes the colour really subtly - golds, pinks - man it's mean! I want that colour. That vr4 ain't on the road at the mo. what other colours you thinkin of?
By the way, where you thinkin of getting your car painted? How long are you going without a car? What was the 'blue' colour called? Around how much is it going to cost? (sorry you don't have to answer that question!)

bradc
28-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Now thats a real nice looking legnum, you'll have to bring it to the next meet so we can drool all over it!

ShadyNZer
28-06-2005, 09:06 AM
true,
well we wanted to change the colour. the blue that I've got is the ford blue but i think my fella tinted it slightly. my partner painted a vr4 this awesome green - non like it. different light changes the colour really subtly - golds, pinks - man it's mean! I want that colour. That vr4 ain't on the road at the mo. what other colours you thinkin of?
By the way, where you thinkin of getting your car painted? How long are you going without a car? What was the 'blue' colour called? Around how much is it going to cost? (sorry you don't have to answer that question!)
yeah theres two types of ford blue ive seen, a darkish one (which ive already seen on a galant) and a lightish one (like the one i posted) at first i wanted to go gold kinda like the ford gold but then my sister in law got her lancer painted subaru gold so squashed that idea....im trying to find a colour ive seen on a galant (non NZ), thats why i picked that one cos might find a nice colour, put it on and then it looks like **** on mine when it looked phat on another model...was thinkin of black wit a gold pearl or somethin but the gold wouldnt stand out as much, plus makes the kit look dull as well....maybe blue with gold pearl or like a tiger orange with some sort of pearl...i dunno....
im guna get it painted in manukau across the road from raw motorworx, my g/fs dad helps run a shop there so will get it done for free, reckons will take bout 8 days to paint everythin from the insides of the doors and the engine bay and sh!t, i have no idea what the colours called tho, sorry....
no of any sites with colour ideas? those house of kolor books are cake...

bluey
29-06-2005, 11:26 AM
8 days - thats mean! Well just asked the other half about where to find colours. He said that they're everywhere - jez that helps! Anyways I remember before I painted my car he got me to go through a whole lot of colours. I narrowed it down to the blue - then he kinda played with them, tinting etc. Sprayed it on test panels galore. We tried my blue with prizmatec thinking it would look mean (he painted his vr4 a silver with prizmatec) but it didn't come out the way we wanted - a wee bit dull. I'm gonna be painting my car again this coming xmas. we gonna go candy. Not sure what colour but something will come up. Good luck colour hunting.

p1_
29-06-2005, 12:16 PM
If it was me I would go for one of the TVR chameleon colours, like this http://www.tvrservice.com/images/Stock%20Cars/K6Sword.JPG or this http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/42411.htm /Steeringw :thumbsup:

ShadyNZer
29-06-2005, 02:09 PM
^^ i like that first one a lil...
i think i might go blue with a gold tint or something...wanted a dark colour like titanium pearl but the mum in law has her merc that colour so meh...
gettin my kit painted up so hopefully have it tomorro to put on for the mean time while i think of a colour

bluey
30-06-2005, 09:53 AM
sounds cool.
theres another problem that i'm gonna have choosing the right colour. A colour that won't be a headache to touch up! I work at an English Language School - and I have to park a million miles away - i've been hit/scratched a few times just parking in the blinking car park! :inquisiti

ps that first pic was a pretty colour. :happy:

-LegnumVR4-
30-06-2005, 10:42 AM
A nice looking Legnum in Japan. Love the wheels. The blue really suits the car and the wheel arces look like they have been beefed up?

bradc
30-06-2005, 11:22 AM
I love the flared out wheel arches, they look great, I'm not too keen about the rest of the work done on that car though.

Wouter
30-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Nice looking example. :happy:

I prefer cars with the money spent under the bonnet but this one looks good,

:thumbsup:

HJM
30-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Check out the brake calipers Wouter - I suspect this one goes quick :thumbsup:

Dan_G
30-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Thats real nice.....:thumbsup:

hmmm.... *opens the yellow pages under 'automotive sprayshops' "

bluey
01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
mean colour - don't like the lights though, look funny.
arches are pretty cool. i still think that leggy's look better without the back spoiler thingy mebob. i took mine off. personal preference :happy: