PDA

View Full Version : How do we do this one?

Kieran
27-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Pete / Andy

At this weekends show in Sheffield, we met an enthusiastic GLS owner, who thrust £20 into my hand, gave me his name and address and told us that we wanted to join the Club. Derek (Interlec) knows the guy too.

The problem is that he's not on the internet. His nearest PC is at his Son in Law's house, and he doesn't yet have a username on this forum.

So right now I've got £20 for the Club kitty, and this guy's name and address. Not sure what to do next? I can transfer the money across using my Paypal account to the kitty, that's not what I'm stuck with. What I'm wondering is how we set this chap up when he doesn't have a username? Should we just create one for him here and give him the username and password in the post?

BraindG
28-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Should we just create one for him here and give him the username and password in the post?
Personally that sounds like the best idea.
combination of his first and lastname should suffice as a userID.. Then like you say, forward him the ID/Password when the pack gets sent out.. unconventional, yes, impossible no.. /Steeringw

The Vee
28-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Yep. Go along with that. He can always change it later if he requires.

ANTHONY
28-06-2005, 09:37 PM
just thinking about that block with no computer to access all the time imagine this club 10-15 years ago we would have been sending out paper news letters......:computer: we take the old computer for granted so much now days

Kieran
10-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Right, okay - What I'll do is Paypal £20 to Pete right now, and PM you both (Pete& Andy) with his details. I have suggested a username in the PM, but seeing as he's not got an email address, I shall leave it to Barry/whoever to set up his account.

Cheers Guys. :thumbsup:

Spirit
10-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Account all set up under username TonyF and have PM'd you and Andy to confirm