PDA

View Full Version : help needed!

oliver
28-06-2005, 07:35 AM
does anyone here have pictures of the underside of their vr4? we've measured the components and everything will fit.. all we need now is a picture of how the propeller, rear diff and exhaust pipes are laid out.. does anyone here have pictures of those? /help

BraindG
28-06-2005, 11:58 AM
does anyone here have pictures of the underside of their vr4? we've measured the components and everything will fit.. all we need now is a picture of how the propeller, rear diff and exhaust pipes are laid out.. does anyone here have pictures of those? /help
I might have missed something, but what are you doing?

Rally205
28-06-2005, 01:28 PM
You don't need a photo for that. The prop runs straight back to the rear end and the rear diff bolts on the end of it. It can't really go anywhere else can it /Hmmm .The exhaust runs along the offside next to the prop and then bends round the back of the diff to exit on the nearside. Simple :happy: :rolleyes3

oliver
28-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm in the Philippines and we don't have vr-4's available here.. we do have the VR, which is a front wheel, 2.5litre v6 powered version.. I think it's available as the GLS in UK, though I'm not very sure. I got my hands on parts from a vr-4, the whole engine bay, driveshaft, rear diff, etc etc and we're in the process of doing a vr-4 conversion.. We just want pictures just to make sure everything's where it's supposed to go :happy:

BraindG
28-06-2005, 08:17 PM
oh, hmmm... someone else may correct me if im wrong... however, i have a funny feeling that the gls doesnt have the thingy ma jig, the whats it called where the drive train sits going towards the back of the car...

psbarham
28-06-2005, 08:19 PM
oh, hmmm... someone else may correct me if im wrong... however, i have a funny feeling that the gls doesnt have the thingy ma jig, the whats it called where the drive train sits going towards the back of the car...
transmission tunnel ????

bernmc
28-06-2005, 08:24 PM
There's a pic of the underside of LegnumVR4's glorious car here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=33)

Click on the thumbnail to get a big one :leer:

ritch_w
28-06-2005, 08:48 PM
floor pan on FWD galant is different from VR4 - for a start the transmession tunnel is about 4" wider each side in the foot well to gearstick area and then all the way back to the diff

sounds like a lot of cuttin' an' weldin' will need done for the propshaft & exhaust.....

oliver
29-06-2005, 05:03 AM
we thought it wouldnt fit too, but after measuring everything, it looks like its going to fit.. as far as we can tell, we wont have to cut and weld anything yet, except maybe drill new holes to properly mount the rear differential :D

thanks for the link, bernmc!

i'll update you guys on this project, hopefully be able to post pictures soon :)