PDA

View Full Version : Denso Iridiums & K&N filters

bernmc
28-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Is anyone actually running these plugs in their VR4? I'm asking because I was considering getting a set for my 45K service next week. Xtreme have said they won't supply them 'because of problems in the past' - they fit the NGK platinums.

Anyone heard of any problems with the Denso's? If not, I'll get some from spark-plugs.co.uk (Xtreme want 13.68 + VAT for NGK's :o!!!)

Also, where's the cheapest place to get one of them K&N panel filters for the VR4 (part no would be useful!)

Ta

ritch_w
28-06-2005, 09:02 PM
www.motorsportworld.co.uk

Manufacturer : K&N Filters
Category : K+N Replacement Filters
Sub-category : K+N Filters - Mitsubishi
Application : Galant 2.5i V6 1997>
Product Code: KN-33-2794
Details :

Click here for dimensions, fitting instructions and, in many cases, a picture of the product. You will need Acrobat Reader to view the fitting instructions
Price:

£32.25 inc VAT
Delivery: £7.50
Quantity:

the V6 airbox is same dimensions as the VR - I kept my v6 K&N and it now lives in my VR4 :thumbsup:

Missbitchy
28-06-2005, 09:11 PM
There is a lot of talk about issues with the Denso's and HKS (rebranded Denso's) on UJCC - bad news........will try and find the info

enigma
28-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I have been running Densos for 18 months........................

Other than a new engine I have had no problems!!

To be honest though, it chewed the NGKs BEFORE I even started with the Densos!

bernmc
28-06-2005, 10:25 PM
www.motorsportworld.co.uk (http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk)

Manufacturer : K&N Filters
Category : K+N Replacement Filters
Sub-category : K+N Filters - Mitsubishi
Application : Galant 2.5i V6 1997>
Product Code: KN-33-2794
Details :

Click here for dimensions, fitting instructions and, in many cases, a picture of the product. You will need Acrobat Reader to view the fitting instructions
Price:

£32.25 inc VAT
Delivery: £7.50
Quantity:

the V6 airbox is same dimensions as the VR - I kept my v6 K&N and it now lives in my VR4 :thumbsup:
CHeaper here: http://filternuts.com/kn/filters.asp?id=5825&make=&yom=

paulmc
29-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I used Denso's for a year running 1.7bar boost never missed a beat. I will be using them again when I need a new set

Roberto
30-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Denso Iridiums here to, no problems at all.

Mitsubishi dealer had no issues with fitting them and never misses a beat.

Plus hopefully no more plug buying for a good while, only another 60k miles to go before being due to be changed.

HKS Super Power Flow reciently fitted, and might be dreaming but it feels stronger mid range.