PDA

View Full Version : F/S VR4 Plastic Engine Garnish

Japow
29-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi folks

I have a brand new genuine plastic engine cover for the VR4. Just in from Mitsubishi Japan. As you know these cost £240 + vat at Mitsubishi & have a lengthy procurement lead time as it's not a stock item.

Thought I'd offer it here before I put it up on Ebay.

Offers if interested please...

Japow

Zeke
29-06-2005, 06:22 PM
How did you get one if you don't have a VR4?

colVR4
29-06-2005, 06:49 PM
I have just found out that mine is cracked (Phil didn't tell me, naughty boy) so I am looking for one. Do you have pictures to confirm that it is the right one? If it is I will certainly put in an offer.

wirdy
29-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I apologise now, but the £19 +vat brigade have a wee smile every time these covers are mentioned.... :happy: :happy:

Japow
29-06-2005, 08:59 PM
I import cars from Japan. I imported a VR4 in April & it had a cracked cover & a dud torque converter seal. I have another nice VR4 on a boat here as I write...

The part is the real deal - made out of plastic, but properly out of the factory - COVER ASSY; Part No: MD339766.

Unfortunately even though it looks like it could be worth £19+vat even in Japan it's several hundred percent dearer than that!

I tried loading some pics but the files are too large... I can email photos on supply of an email address.

wirdy
29-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately even though it looks like it could be worth £19+vat even in Japan it's several hundred percent dearer than that!

Sorry mate, should have explained. One of our members did a price enquiry on the engine cover about 18 months ago and it came up as £19 +vat. :happy: :drummer:

A few were ordered, paid for and delivered from Japan before the dealers got wind of the sudden 'rush' on these covers and of course the many people phoning up to check that £19 was the correct price.

They subsequently realised their price lists were well out of date but some of us slipped through unnoticed and got the bargain of the year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This in no way devalues your item, it's just I could never pay more than £19 for one ever again. :smug:

Japow
29-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow. Not surprising though. Anyone of you gurus could act as a consultant to Mitsy & teach them loads. Had fun & games buying the torque converter seal. After supplying the wrong one (via my chassis number) the parts person at Mitsubishi in St Albans scoffed when presented with the part number supplied from here. "That's not for this car", he boomed. "I'll have it just the same" quipped my mechanic. I hear his face was a picture when our seal matched up with the one we removed from the car...

wirdy
29-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Yep, dealers are only as good as the muppet looking at the microfiche screen.

Oops, just noticed I got the price wrong.....it was £22.09+vat for my engine cover :thumbsup:

Missbitchy
30-06-2005, 01:16 AM
I apologise now, but the £19 +vat brigade have a wee smile every time these covers are mentioned.... :happy: :happy:

Just brought a smile to my face again......wish we'd ordered more at the time..................me> /pan<Pete

colVR4
30-06-2005, 10:36 AM
So I take it that this cover isn't on offer for £22.09 + VAT? Can I ask how much you are looking to get for it?

Japow
30-06-2005, 12:05 PM
It's good quality plastic, so £22 won't work I'm afraid...

It cost £110 to import. So I need to break even at least. I have it up on Ebay now...

colVR4
30-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Ouch...a bit of broken plastic it is for now. Mine only has a crack in it so I may just try and repair it.

nick-f1
30-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Mine only has a crack in it so I may just try and repair it.

Ooh-er Mrs /pan Sounds painful! But then doesn`t everybodies? :leer:

colVR4
30-06-2005, 09:16 PM
/reaches down and drags Nick out of gutter

lol