PDA

View Full Version : Another VR4 Tipo for sale

banjo
30-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Due to business and personal circumstances - I need a car to carry bigger loads, I am selling my VR4. I would keep it as well as the new one, but cannot afford to do so.

Details are:

Dec. 1999 dark blue Tipo with AYC, I'm 3rd owner, imported to the UK from new so has all history.
mileage: 67,000 with SH. Taxed till March 2006, MOT till Dec 1999
I have waxoyled completely this car with injections to all areas and waxoyl underseal to exposed areas.
The 2 front tyres are nearly new, the back ones are still good. recent new battery. Engine oil/filter was changed last month.
Stereo is Alpine MP3 face off.
Extras I've installed are: HKS seq dump valve, HKS air filter, with heat shield, Predator stainless exhaust, Blitz oil pressure and turbo gauges installed in bespoke panel in front of gear lever (takes place of ash tray). I had installed a pager alarm which runs separately from the Cat 1 immobiliser/alarm.

The wheels need refurbishing and the brakes are beginning to feel a little 'soft' I was considering upgrading to national discs and perhaps multiple pots but now I'm selling I not going to bother. I've done 23,000 miles in 3 years 3 months and not changed brake pads, so I consider myself not a looney braker. In fact I don't drive the car hard at all really with little use of the AYC.

This car has never let me down, has had no problems of any kind.

I'm looking for £8,000.

My new car is to be a Scooby Forester 2.5 turbo (grey import) STI running around 320 BHP, I will not be getting until around end of Aug so I ask anyone who's interested in mine if they can wait till then. I'm only using it at weekends at present for max 20 mile runs as I have a hire car (paid for by others) which I hope to keep until I sell mine but that's out of my hands and could be withdrawn at end of July.

I will post pictures at the weekend.

Shouldn't become attached to cars but I do.... so with regret.

banjo
03-07-2005, 09:27 PM
As promised, pics attached.

banjo
11-07-2005, 09:08 PM
My new car has arrived earlier than expected, so I'm in a position to sell mine straight away if anyone's interested. By the way, it's taxed till end of May next year, not March.

Regards,

banjo
12-07-2005, 07:27 PM
If nobody in the club's interested I am putting it in Autotrader for next week. I will negotiate (a little) on the price for club members.

banjo
20-07-2005, 08:04 PM
This is very smelly, since putting my car in Autotrader I've received 3 e.mails saying that they are interested in my car, no bargaining, want more piccies, don't want to actually view the car, but want my address, post code. The last one states that their cheque will include shipping costs. so further down this shady route I suppose I will have to pay some shipping company money which will (of course) be re-imbursed when I receive their cheque. Errrrr.....Hello?

bernmc
20-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Mmmm. by Western Union Money transfer to Nigeria no doubt :| Bunch of barstewards eh.

bradc
20-07-2005, 08:23 PM
This is off topic, and I apologise for that, but are those EVO 6 mags on it?

banjo
20-07-2005, 09:08 PM
No, Oz Racing Alloys.

banjo
30-10-2005, 07:25 PM
It's me again, I really need to sell my VR4 as I need the money and I can't afford to run 2 quick cars, so here it is again at a revised price of £6,500. Here is a bit more info:

This car has been totally Waxoyled in all cavities, doors and chassis members with Waxoyl underseal applied to all exposed surfaces under the vehicle by the me shortly after purchased in March 2002. It was imported new to the UK by Roger Clark Motorsport Ltd. in December 1999 and serviced by them until I bought the car. The exhaust was replaced by a Predator stainless steel guaranteed for life cat-back system. The stereo is an Alpine AM/FM MP3 face-off unit. In addition to the Cat 1 immobiliser/alarm there is a separate pager alarm. Standard equipment includes a Momo steering wheel, Recaro seats and a sun roof. The engine consumes no oil between oil changes (3 – 3,500 miles). There is no turbo wear and the tiptronic gearbox works perfectly. The cambelt was changed at 56,000 miles as were the sparking plugs for iridium type. At this time the air conditioning compressor and fan belts were changed also. The paint on the Oz Racing wheels is beginning to flake in some places and will need re-painting soon, not kerb damage. Other extras are HKS sequential dump valve, HKS air filter and heat shield, Blitz oil pressure and turbo gauges fitted in bespoke panel. The dark blue paint finish apart from several door dinks is very good and shines very well.