PDA

View Full Version : Graham Goode Racing?

bernmc
30-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I've noticed these guys mentioned a couple of times in the forums. Has anyone actually used them for a Leggie (or other) service? Spoke to them today, and they said they'd done one a couple of years ago... But very freindly and helpful.

Their labour charge is £59.50/ hour (Xtreme is £55). However, their 45K EVO service is £572.13 as opposed to Xtreme's £650.

My one concern is that if they're not completely familiar with the cars, it'll take them longer to do, and so rack up the costs! I might be able to get them to knock off a bit if anyone else in the area was interested in using them - I could let them know that they might get a bit more business if they did a good job...

Physician
30-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I get various bits and bobs from them from time to time. For instance my DS2500 pads.

As you say, they are helpful and polite but their knowledge of Galants is very limited. Having said that, they are always full up with Scoobies and other tuned cars. All the machines you see there are 'top dog'.

I would very much doubt they will give a discount as they are always busy.

Overall, although they know all about performance machines I wouldn't use them as they are so expensive and don't have the specific knowledge of our cars.

WildCards
08-11-2005, 05:29 PM
A mate worked their for a few years and still has dealings with them. They sponsored him when he was MTB racing. Anyway, he pretty much says what Richard has. They are the best at what they do, but they don't do Galants, and they charge a hefty price. They won't guess, they'll find out if something is wrong/not straightforward, but who wants their car to be the guinea pig.

nicktooley
25-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I asked them about chipping my V6 Sport and they said no problem. So I drove down all ready to get some extra horses and they said oh no, it was a istake and they couldn't do the 2.5 V6.

Complete waste of time and petrol!

WildCards
25-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Really? They use Superchips software, so if superchips have it listed, they should be able to do it.

Did you complain?

nicktooley
01-03-2006, 08:51 AM
It seems that when I phoned, some numpty who couldn't read, said they did a chip for the V6, Superchips told me they didn't. So apart from a bit of verbal, I left feeling rather pi**ed off, but a couple of hundred quid better off.