PDA

View Full Version : Braking power

Physician
30-06-2005, 05:47 PM
K'in hell ........ just had new front discs, pads - front and rear and new brake fluid.

Decided to see what difference it all made and nearly ended up through the windscreen :embarasse

And the DS2500's were still cold !!

pezza
30-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Good job you were belted up! /GJ

I fitted me red stuff ceramics put on the weekend .. am meant to take it easy for first coupla hundred miles :evil2:

What rear pads did you get? Discs?

Physician
30-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Good job you were belted up! /GJ

I fitted me red stuff ceramics put on the weekend .. am meant to take it easy for first coupla hundred miles :evil2:

What rear pads did you get? Discs?

Good job you were belted up!

I wasn't ! :embarasse

Just bought Blueprint rear pads as they only account for 25% i'sh of the braking.
Standard Mitsy discs.

It would be interesting to check our stopping distances with different set up's (on a track)

Rich

Dan_G
30-06-2005, 09:23 PM
thats good that it made such a difference.......,

My brakes are quite spongy...... maybe I need to replace the fluid.... :chugchug:

I have noticed with my Redstuff pads they need to warm up before they give good stopping power..... which is'nt much good when you're just pootling along and a random prabbit decides its going to decapitate itself on your bumper.... /Steeringw

Wodjno
30-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Good job you were belted up!

I wasn't ! :embarasse

Just bought Blueprint rear pads as they only account for 25% i'sh of the braking.
Standard Mitsy discs.

It would be interesting to check our stopping distances with different set up's (on a track)

Rich

Get your GTech's out for your 60mph to 0mph runs .. :thumbsup: :drummer:

My best stoppy is 102ft.. On my 10th consecutive try.. :evil2:

HJM
30-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Get your GTech's out for your 60mph to 0mph runs .. :thumbsup: :drummer:

My best stoppy is 102ft.. On my 10th consecutive try.. :evil2:

Hey this is a competition that my Legnum could actually do well in :thumbsup:

(Just one floor in my world quest to be the fastest stopping Legnum - aint got one of those G tech thingys :rolleyes4 - never mind, can but dream of doing the fastest stopping 1/4 mile :sad2: )

Wodjno
30-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey this is a competition that my Legnum could actually do well in :thumbsup:

(Just one floor in my world quest to be the fastest stopping Legnum - aint got one of those G tech thingys :rolleyes4 - never mind, can but dream of doing the fastest stopping 1/4 mile :sad2: )

Bring it on .. /Steeringw (We need a braking smiley) :inquisiti

If you want a Gtech thingy i can supply :smug: :2thumbsup

WildCards
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Isn't redstuff for trackdays and the like, hence needing a greater operating temperature.