PDA

View Full Version : Best Insurance For a UK Suplied VR-4

Muffler Doug
01-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I've been trying to find the best insurance for a UK Ralliart VR-4 Estate, without mods. Why can I get a half decent quote from almost everyone for a Legnum Import, but find only a limited few will touch the UK supplied car and always at an added premium of £400-500.

Can anyone with a UK VR-4 suggest a reasonable insurer?

Cheers
Doug

paulmc
01-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Lifesure :thumbsup:

Do a search quite a few on here are with them.

or

Pace Ward look for insbro in the lancer evo site very good as well

Nick Mann
01-07-2005, 10:35 PM
When I had a UK car I was told it was still an import as it still left the Factory with a kph speedo and no fog light. Many people wouldn't insure it as they said all VR4's are imports.

kitefighter
02-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Try Frizell's 01202 752007. If you are a member of a trade union then tell them, and you get even more discount. They're part of the Liverpool & Victoria Group. Good luck.

Muffler Doug
05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Ok, well I went back to Lifesure, who'd already quoted in the higher band of prices for the UK car, and queried why the import was significantly cheaper for an identical performance spec. They agreed it didn't seem right and re-ran the quote for a Legnum, which came out £250 cheaper. As both vehicles were identical from an insurance point of view they reduced my original quote to match that of the import.

With the insurance finally sorted out I collected my new prized possession yesterday! - Next item on the agenda.... full CVR4 membership.

Thanks to the much welcome assistance given already to this newbie.

Spirit
05-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Great news mate, Gary at Lifesure has been nothing but a great help since many of us started using them. I myself have a Ralliart Galant VR4 and pay £459 with all mods declared :thumbsup:

nobbymogs
05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Try Scott @ PACE WARD 01782 286311 he has sorted me out for the last few years and tbh they are very good and they are also the approved insurer for the MLR
i was paying £730 on the evo with all mods declared and thats protected and with my wife on there as well
he recons i will save around £200 on the legnum

Dan_G
05-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Great news mate, Gary at Lifesure has been nothing but a great help since many of us started using them. I myself have a Ralliart Galant VR4 and pay £459 with all mods declared :thumbsup:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, but they laughed at me when I tried to get a quote and said I was to young to have a car like that... :inquisiti