PDA

View Full Version : Video depository

Physician
07-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Barry,

I doubt you can sort this as it seems to be an issue related to MY computer or possibly my operating system = OSX (Apple).

I used to be able to watch most videos that people posted on the forums (providing they were NOT .avi). However, as soon as I click on ANY link now that would take me to the video depository my browser crashes. I have tried 5 different browsers and each crashes as soon as I click on the link.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich

BraindG
07-07-2005, 09:04 AM
might be my crummy choice of video settings..
ill take a looky...

so, when you are in video repositiry, and click on a link to take you into the thread it crashes? you can get as far as the list of videos yeah? but going in crashes browser?

Physician
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
might be my crummy choice of video settings..
ill take a looky...

so, when you are in video repositiry, and click on a link to take you into the thread it crashes? you can get as far as the list of videos yeah? but going in crashes browser?

Yes Barry.

I can go: CVR4 Members Chat > Video Depository > click ANY link NOW and it crashes.

Rich

Spirit
07-07-2005, 09:47 AM
This may sound daft (but I have had this before), but have you checked your graphics card is seated correctly......or is it onboard graphics ?

Take it out and re-seat it if you can. I recently had an issue where everything worked fine until I logged onto the internet....as soon as I tried to go onto any webpage the pc crashed and rebooted itself. After 3 hours of head scratching it turned out to be the above.

Physician
07-07-2005, 10:06 AM
This may sound daft (but I have had this before), but have you checked your graphics card is seated correctly......or is it onboard graphics ?

Take it out and re-seat it if you can. I recently had an issue where everything worked fine until I logged onto the internet....as soon as I tried to go onto any webpage the pc crashed and rebooted itself. After 3 hours of head scratching it turned out to be the above.

Nah, it's onboard Pete .......... and anyway I can watch vids on other sites - it is very specific to this site and ONLY when selecting a link from the Video Depository - any vids on other forums in past I can still watch.

Thanks anyway,

Rich

richy rich
22-08-2005, 07:36 PM
barry
can you help i can watch some vidios but not others,
the ones that wont play do nothing for a while then the screen flashes and nothing.

rich

BraindG
23-08-2005, 08:02 AM
im still coming up with a better plan for the VD ( :inquisiti ). some have a download option, but im assuming the ones you want don't?

richy rich
23-08-2005, 08:17 AM
im still coming up with a better plan for the VD ( :inquisiti ). some have a download option, but im assuming the ones you want don't?
yes thats right
ta barry

BraindG
23-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Ill run through them today at work, and add the download link. but there must be a better way.

richy rich
23-08-2005, 03:36 PM
tar barry

BraindG
23-08-2005, 03:50 PM
crap, i forgot :embarasse Sorry..