PDA

View Full Version : V6 clutch

John
08-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for, or experience of, none Mitsi clutches for a V6. Have done the usual forum search but can only find VR4 threads. Are the V6 and VR4 fitments the same by any chance - or is that too much to hope?

It's rivet-on-flywheel time so I need one quick.

(Not looking for an upgraded spec)

ritch_w
08-07-2005, 01:48 PM
cant say for definite - but i'm sure the v6 one is different from VR4

have you priced at mitsi one?

what about the franchise places like Mr Clutch or a transmission speacilist?

Paul Beazer
09-07-2005, 06:31 PM
New clutch plate for mine was £100 from Mitsi (no labour 'cos i was getting a new gearbox put in at the time)
2.5 hours labour @ £55 per hour, work it out......

John
11-07-2005, 02:03 PM
I assume (as you indeed say) that was just the plate cost Paul? Do you have the part number by any chance. I see from another thread that the VR4 one is MMD748527 at a cost of £83.01+vat so it might indeed be the same - in which case we may then have the same options as the turbo boys.

I'd planned on fitting it myself but if Mitsy reakon they can do it in 2.5 hours I might let them do it! I know it would take me at least a day.

Having looked at QH clutches it seems that there was a spec change at the end of 1996, although both kits they make appear to be the same (comprising the same individual part numbers) - apart from the later one being 50% more expensive. Since mine was registered 31/12/96 I wouldn't like to bet on which one I need.

Paul Beazer
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I assume (as you indeed say) that was just the plate cost Paul? Do you have the part number by any chance. I see from another thread that the VR4 one is MMD748527 at a cost of £83.01+vat so it might indeed be the same - in which case we may then have the same options as the turbo boys.

I'd planned on fitting it myself but if Mitsy reakon they can do it in 2.5 hours I might let them do it! I know it would take me at least a day.

Having looked at QH clutches it seems that there was a spec change at the end of 1996, although both kits they make appear to be the same (comprising the same individual part numbers) - apart from the later one being 50% more expensive. Since mine was registered 31/12/96 I wouldn't like to bet on which one I need.

Just had a rummage on top of the wardrobe!

For my 2000 V6 sport manual the part code is MR446227. I still have the old one, only done 15k.
If you can afford it get them to do it, I think they had to drop some suspension bits down and take out the gearbox (obviously seeing as they were replacing it!!) I only got them to do it at the time to save myself a couple of hundred quid in the future, nothing wrong with the old one.

Paul Beazer
11-07-2005, 10:28 PM
New clutch plate for mine was £100 from Mitsi (no labour 'cos i was getting a new gearbox put in at the time)
2.5 hours labour @ £55 per hour, work it out......
Actually i think it may be priced out at 4.5 hours, not 2.5, sorry! :embarasse