PDA

View Full Version : the cat's gutt's

Big Ian
08-07-2005, 10:26 PM
following on ...... :inquisiti slightly from this:sick cat thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9763)

thought i'd check my cat-converter today and when i hit it with my hand...... :inquisiti Ohh Err!! /Hmmm somitt not right? "movement within the cat's belly"
so i stripped it and put my BDA de-cat on :thumbsup: ......1 hour later the extra noise was getting to me :embarasse so i thought feek it! strip the cat's inner's out and put it back on and see how it goe's.......well to cut a long story short :thumbsup: sound's exact same as when the inner's where still in it :leer:

PS, /Hmmm ive still got the problem from above link! :embarasse

PPS,: ZEDY.. MO /Hmmm much £ you wanting for a cat-converter for a GLS??

pic's...#1 cat's gutt's :inquisiti , #2 gutt's and de-catted cat :smug: , #3 gutt-less cat. :leer:

Kieran
09-07-2005, 12:29 AM
So, noise is the same, with a de-catted cat(!) but any difference in performance? /Hmmm

Big Ian
09-07-2005, 08:49 AM
So, noise is the same, with a de-catted cat(!) but any difference in performance? /Hmmm

not sure about "performance" ive only drove about 15-20 mile's (normal driving /Steeringw ) but it's defo quicker/smoother on pick up.....noticed this more in 3rd, 4th and 5th also, :inquisiti i'm not recomending anyone goes and "De-Gutt's" their cat-converter's i only did mine as it was breaking up....... :happy: BDA: Dave's yer man for de-cat pipe's :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
10-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Looks like a bag of chips with battered fish skins.

Ian, did you forget the salt and vinegar?? /pan

Kieran
10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Looks like a bag of chips with battered fish skins.

Ian, did you forget the salt and vinegar?? /pan

Paul, were you recovering from a raging hangover this morning?! Your posts are almost approaching my levels of lunacy!! :inquisiti :embarasse

Paul Beazer
11-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Paul, were you recovering from a raging hangover this morning?! Your posts are almost approaching my levels of lunacy!! :inquisiti :embarasse
/Hijack
No alcohol was consumed on sat night, apart from half a cup of bacardi breezer watching fireworks!
Just in a "YES ITS SUNDAY AND THE SUNS SHINING" kind of mood!
Perhaps i've been hanging around here too long!