PDA

View Full Version : 300 BHP Ralliart Galant (Legnum) VR4

Sulli
11-07-2005, 10:06 PM
MY2000 Mitsubishi Galant (Legnum) Ralliart VR4.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/side%201.jpg

This is one of only 50 VR4 estates (Legnums), officially imported by Mitsubishi (Colt Car Company) between 1999 and 2001.

2.5 V6, Twin-Turbo, 4WD, Porsche developed INVECS II tiptronic gearbox.

Active Yaw Control (AYC), Automatic Stability Control (ASC), Front Strut Brace.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/engine%201.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/engine%203.jpg

18" BBS RX Alloys with brand new Eagle F1 GSD3's (225/40/18)

Air-Con/Climate Control, Full Recaro leather interior embossed with Ralliart Logo, and luxury Ralliart mat set. 4 Electric Windows (all controlled from driver's door) electric folding mirrors, full factory tints, and carbon fibre dash and centre console.

Kenwood ICE and 10 CD Changer.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/interior%201.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/interior%202.jpg

Full Mitsubishi Ralliart Service Histroy, with stamps every 4.5k miles, and big service (45k miles) done last year - all belts plugs etc.

All fluid done this year - brake fluid complete flush, AYC, diff, Automatic Transmission fluid. Oil changed every 3k miles with Silkolene Pro S 10w 40 Ester.

Full Stainless Steel 2.5" exhaust System (TD304 s/steel), s/teel decat pipe (original cat kept too), Titanium backbox with removable baffle.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/Exhaust%20March%2005/exhaust2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/Exhaust%20March%2005/exhaust6.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/Exhaust%20March%2005/exhaust7.jpg

It's immaculate inside and out, and mechanically perfect - never missed a beat, engine is a peach, and it was Diamond Brited last year.

The service history is backed up by all receipts and details of all work ever done, with dates, cost and mileage, and original purchase docs - it cost £34k new.

Comes with a full clear HPI check with mileage verification - mileage is 55k miles.

I bought the car to replace my Scooby wagon, as I needed something a little bigger, but with just as good performance - well this is bigger than the wagon, prettier, rarer and faster.

Why am I selling? Only one reason, as i love the car. My job is changing and I will be doing more miles, and this just isn't a very economical car - could cope whilst doing less miles, but now am going to go for a Turbo Diesel.

Security - Cat 1, and plenty more

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/Exhaust%20March%2005/front1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/Exhaust%20March%2005/front2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/April%202005/vr4.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/rear%201.jpg

This is the best example you'll find, very quick, top spec, a rare Ralliart one with all the history.

I am looking for £11,450 ovno.

May consider a part ex with a cheaper diesel turbo estate, or WHY.

WildCards
12-07-2005, 11:21 PM
WHY - what's that then? :huh2:

Would you take £5000? :joker:

WildCards
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
What i meant to say was, that is the most georgeousest example of a legnum i've seen, of course if i had the dosh i'd snatch your hand off but i don't, so best of luck selling it and i hope you get what you're looking for.

ThEbIrDmAn13
13-07-2005, 03:13 AM
i'll trade you even up for my US ESV6 with t-61 turbo and all the stuff to go with it (hasn't been installed yet)... which reminds me...hehehe i will be the fastest on this site after i install all the goodies i have lying around...and i'm FWD, i'm hoping to run about low 12s or so....very confident maybe low 11s after the stroker kit, about 550 whp with the nitrous...hehehe, but that's not going to be for at least another year...

Sulli
13-07-2005, 03:38 PM
/Hijack - Blatantly :stop:

Cheers WildCards - looks like I may sell it by the weekend :(

ThEbIrDmAn13
13-07-2005, 09:14 PM
bump again for a very nice vehicle, and whomever gets this is one lucky person...sorry to hijack, i was just makin an offer...lol

Sulli
13-07-2005, 09:18 PM
bump again for a very nice vehicle, and whomever gets this is one lucky person...sorry to hijack, i was just makin an offer...lol
Not a problem mate ;)
Your car is nice, just not big enough and 3000 miles too far /pan

WildCards
14-07-2005, 01:31 PM

:thinking2 :embarasse /Hijack :oops:

looks like I may sell it by the weekend :(

:sad2: :thumbsdow /GJ

P.S. Did you get my email Sulli?

Sulli
14-07-2005, 09:20 PM
P.S. Did you get my email Sulli?
yep, got it Steve - very nice.
Wouldn't be too bad there - looked like Death Valley - cheap fuel, long stretches - 160 all the way - them US cops in their old boats would never catch me

Brunty
14-07-2005, 10:31 PM
If only I had £12k and you had a moonroof! :embarasse

Shame you feel you have to sell it so soon - hope everything works out for you.

Brunty
14-07-2005, 10:37 PM
BTW: Sell the Focus - do your DAS (if you dont already have your bike licence), buy a bike and treat the missus to something nice - no need to sell the VR4.

DAS - £750 guaranteed pass
Honda CB90 - £200
Old Fireblade - £2,000
Insurance - if you can insure a VR4 you can insure a motorbike!
Treat the missus on £focus - £2,750 + insurance = very nice slap up meal!!!

Speak to Legnumboy.

Sulli
15-07-2005, 06:48 AM
BTW: Sell the Focus - do your DAS (if you dont already have your bike licence), buy a bike and treat the missus to something nice - no need to sell the VR4.

DAS - £750 guaranteed pass
Honda CB90 - £200
Old Fireblade - £2,000
Insurance - if you can insure a VR4 you can insure a motorbike!
Treat the missus on £focus - £2,750 + insurance = very nice slap up meal!!!

Speak to Legnumboy.

The Focus is for sale - unfortunately, no serious interest - guess it's a bit too modded????
Ain't into bikes either - nice thought though :thumbsup:
Have considered all options I think, for keeping it - including LPG conversion, post office job and false plates (for fill up time) ;) - but still have to sell. I can afford to keep it, but it means I am diverting money away from house & family, which we could live with when I wasn't travelling too much with work, but will have more of an impact now.

WildCards
18-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Did it go at the weekend?

Sulli
19-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Did it go at the weekend?
Still here....just.
May be going this weekend, one way or the other - have someone very interested, who will hopefully come Saturday.
If not, two others seem very interested but need to sell theirs first - which normally is a bit irritating when you're selling, but to be fair they all seem dead genuine, and just don't want to miss out.
Every potential buyer i've spoken to has already seen a few, and without exception they have been very dodgy or complete dogs, which was unfortunately my experience when looking. Most are for sale with traders, who know nowt about them, and try and hide the faults.
One bloke even said to me he drove one that had had the AYC disconnected - the seller said it was better that way as it was nothing but trouble :inquisiti , and which misfired at 5krpm - according to the seller that was a protective feature for the turbos ! /Hmmm :inquisiti /help

Sulli
20-07-2005, 10:25 PM
To add, never tracked, never taken up the quarter, never smoked in.
Always warmed up and warmed down, run exlusively on Optimax.

Grinder
20-07-2005, 11:23 PM
One word: Wow, what a car. (which is 4 words I guess).

Have you not considered a more economical Legnum, eg the 1.8 GDI or (2 litre if you want the UK version) ? Admittedly still not 40s+ mpg which no doubt you would get from a diesel mondeo etc.

WHY by the way stands for What Have You, meaning 'try me' I suppose.

andy43
25-07-2005, 08:24 PM
...sold :smug:

I've looked at a few, but only driven this and another one, and this is a happy car :happy:
I'll be picking it up in the next few days, ta to Sulli for making me so welcome and answering the 000's of questions. Did I miss anything? /help

Its really a fantastic car, very clean, feels very tight /Steeringw and the BBS wheels really make the difference to the looks. Just needs some leather recaros and a momo wheel now :inquisiti
Its the only one I've found where the seller actually knows the car - all the traders I've spoken to are 110% clueless. I drove one here in Manchester - nice car with a proper history, all ralliart, but rust coming through right along the bonnet (after a bill for paintwork six months ago?), mis-matched tyres, a previous owner who 'emigrated', and a nice red AYC light on the dash - the bosses wife has been driving it round for months as well, presumably with that little red light glowing away /Hmmm ...be scared, be very scared. £££££

Not as scared as me sitting next to Sulli while he's trying to get all three AYC lights up in front of that nice man in the dayglo-striped focus /pan but still scared.

Please excuse all the daft questions you'll be getting off me in the next few days /help

For sale, one Scooby Forester.

Brunty
25-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Congratulations - I've not seen it in the flesh yet but there are plenty of pictures and discussion plastered over this website about it - seems like a great example. Enjoy.

Nick Mann
25-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Congrats to you both. The car is very clean and well looked after. I'm sure it is one of the most solid VR4's in the country.

Now get your name down for a meet!!

andy43
25-07-2005, 08:51 PM
:chugchug:

Name the time and place.

I'll be the one with the :happy:

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I always feel nervous at this point in a car purchase, and this place is really helping me through it.

Five days to go....

Sulli
25-07-2005, 08:59 PM
No need to worry Andy - this car is straight as a die, and the best you will find, as I think you know.
Do you still want me to put the Cat back on? :inquisiti Or have you decided to risk the wrath of the wife? :thumbsup:
You know she'll love the sound of that V6 on full chat :scholar:

andy43
25-07-2005, 09:11 PM
The name of the game is tactics :scholar:
It's a nice sensible estate car. Nice and practical, ever so comfy, and if I wedge a block of wood under the gas pedal when she's a passenger everything will be all well and good.
280 horses, under 25 to the gallon and an exhaust note close to my TVR (R.I.P) do not a sensible car make. I need to lead her in gently.
Cat please (it'll be off again in maybe six months). Sorry :happy:
And if you mention thumbprints on foreheads, I'll complain about the recaros again :joker:

Sulli
25-07-2005, 09:17 PM
You think I went that fast with only 280 horses?
OK, i'll put the CAT back on, reluctantly ;) /pan :scholar: :chugchug: :inquisiti (Where's that thunbprint smiley?)

richy rich
25-07-2005, 09:20 PM
looks like you've bought a a1 car come to trax and show it of

andy43
25-07-2005, 09:22 PM
:lookingforapeoplecarriersmiley:
Renault Scenic?
Its got picnic tables!

WildCards
26-07-2005, 12:01 PM
:lookingforapeoplecarriersmiley:
Renault Scenic?
Its got picnic tables!

I know! and they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Congrats on the car, as i said in previous posts, that is the best one i've seen, all be it not in the flesh. I agree, the wheels set it off nicely.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Sulli
30-07-2005, 05:32 PM
**Sold**

Kieran
30-07-2005, 06:32 PM
**Sold**

Yay!... I mean Boo!....I mean yay...... :rolleyes4 :embarasse

Got a replacement yet?

bernmc
30-07-2005, 06:33 PM
**Sold**

Stupid barsteward. Pop 'round to mine for a good kicking :|:|

wishIcouldhaveaffordeditmumblemumblemumble

Sulli
30-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Got an Audi A6 Avant SE 2.5 tdi - Andy will confirm it's a suitable replacement, if not as fast /Steeringw - picked him up from birmingham international in it, so he could get my car after getting train from Manchester.
Coincidentally, Claires Focus was also sold, that'll be replaced by a Seat Ibiza Cupra R :rolleyes4 , so i'll still have something to have fun in - 1.8 turbo with 180 bhp, set up by Seat's Cupra Sport section, and with Brembos. May take it to Jabba at some point too :2thumbsup
Will miss everything about the VR4 except the constant refuelling and trying to find Optimax when i'm away - the new one will do 40-50mpg.

Bern, you can try, but i'd prefer a spin in your motor when i start to miss mine.

Good luck with it Andy, I think you know you have a good un, and im sure you'll keep it in the manner to which its been accustomed ;)

andy43
30-07-2005, 08:24 PM
/Steeringw :thumbsup: /Wyhy

Yep, back home now, sat on drive (the car, I'm sat at computer).
Fiddling will commence tomorrow.
It's a funny deal buying a VR4 - it's not like you can go somewhere else and find another one in the same condition if negotiations don't go according to plan, so price paid was pretty much price asked if anyone wondered - and worth it when you look at the price of repairs and spares for one of these :rolleyes4 It really is a very fine car.
Spot on drive back up the M6 in torrential rain, still sticks to the road like erm, sticky stuff, even with hooj puddles everywhere.
Not too boomy with that cat bypass pipe still on either - might just leave it /yes /grr
Lounge floor now covered in service history, next step is to figure out the radio.
Will be putting it in for partial service in the next month or so as well, just so those stamps are kept up to date.
Love it so far, very positive response from t'other half as well, although she's not heard it take off yet /help
:veryhappywithnewvr4smiley:

Just found this - http://www.dieselcar.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi - ideal for the Audi diesel owner/airport taxi driver. Enjoy! :evil2: