PDA

View Full Version : Tiptronic System

aarongamble
19-08-2003, 08:46 PM
I've been having a problem with my tranmission flaring between 2nd + 3rd only when stone cold and only for the first shift.Have been to a Tranmission workshop ,They reset the ECU I tryed it still the same,Have Flushed the Trans ,New filter.Have been told it could be the ECU,a faulty valve body or the internal filter is bocked.Which mean out with the trans and spit it.Has anyone had this fault happen tp them or any ideas as I don't want to pull out the tran for no reason.Where can I get a manual for the tranmission.:confused:

-LegnumVR4-
09-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Mine does that but i have an aftermarket transmission cooler so the fuild is cold as. One of the other member here has the same problem INSERT INTO post VALUES (without cooler) but once the trans fuild is warmed up INSERT INTO post VALUES (about 1min after driving) it's fine. The transmission will always be a bit slow at changing gears when the fuild is cold thats why i never screw the car from a cold start.

Hope this helps,

Rhys

mike
09-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Mine does this also, if by flaring you mean it hesitates/stutters between 2nd and 3rd. But as has been said, it only happens when cold and when I'm late INSERT INTO post VALUES (having to go that little bit faster than I want when the car is cold). Car is fine when warm.

I'm not worrying it at the moment, unless people start telling me I should.

Mike

Brind
09-10-2003, 08:20 PM
My gearbox does it aswell but it isn't anything to worry about, as Rys says, it is only because the fluid is cold.

I can't say it is a problem as it doesn't last very long at all!
The only reason why is bothers me in the slightest is because when the engine is cold and the turbos aren't ready yet, the gearbox makes it rev higher than I would like and that is the last thing you want to do when all the oils are cold, as it can severely damage your engine and turbos as oil isn't flowing as it should and possibly hasn't risen completely to the top of the engine.

However it never hesitates or does anything else that would suggest a serious problem, it simply revs too high before it changes.

If the car was manual I'd change gear at around 2000-2500rpm when cold so when something like the VR-4 wants to rev to 4000rpm when cold, it is a little disturbing. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

zedy1
09-10-2003, 11:11 PM
weather is gettng abi nippiear