PDA

View Full Version : FS: Much loved '97 VR4 saloon...

mike
13-07-2005, 09:51 AM
A 1997 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Type-S in white, with the INVECS II auto box. Tax till 02/06 and 12 months MOT. Mileage is approaching 80K, with around 45K of which being in kilometres. All the usual refinements, with inside and out being in great condition. The climate control is still blowing out nice cold air.

Only 1 UK owner. Imported personally from Japan and owned for close to four years now without it skipping a beat. All reciepts and documants available from SVA application up to recent service. The car is up to date on recall work from Mitsubishi - it has had the bottom arms replaced, and the ASC/brake system replaced and updated. It has also had its major service at 65K with all belts and fluids replaced.

The car is standard with the exception of Mitsu Evo 6 alloys, some additional gauges and VR4 floormats. The bad points on the car are as follows; the bootmat is worn and looks a little shabby, a couple of small imperfections in the paint due to car parks and trolleys! The tyres are good with plenty of tread, but the sides have started wearing - too many roundabouts near where I live.

Other snippets of information you may want to know include; it was undersealed when imported; it is alarmed and immobilised with certificate; includes a new Pioneer MP3 player (unless not required by new owner); the gearbox changes smoothly with no leaks, and I've had no issues with it - just kept it serviced.

There are a few guys on here that have seen this car a while back at a couple of meets, unfortunately I haven't been able to attend any recently, and I'm selling out of need to temporarily free up some (more) cash to fund a house refurb, but I will be back. These are great cars, but you know that.

May part exchange with a V6 or GDi estate, but it needs to be cheap.

And now the price, looking for £5500. Don't want to stray too far from this price, but always open for negotiation.

Contact me with any comments or questions.

It will be advertised on the Autotrader and eBay soon(ish).

Bal
13-07-2005, 10:15 AM
very sweet looking car (if it's the one in you avatar)

mike
13-07-2005, 01:16 PM
It is the one in the avatar and thanks.

Like I said pics to follow.

Mike

mike
25-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Still for sale, still not got round to getting some pics up!

Mike.

Nick Read
28-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Very interested and Kent's not too far from me, once you have some pictures could you email me them plus some details on it? nick@cliosport.net

I'm looking around at a load of Scooby wagons in the next week or two, but I reckon the VR-4 could be the more discreet choice...

Nick Read
28-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Mike, you online now? This isn't the white Galant that was in the Autotrader this week is it?

mike
29-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Nope, not on autotrader yet - haven't got round to taking any pics yet, been so busy with work and new house! - should be done this afternoon/eve if the weather stays nice.

Mike.

mike
29-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Pics now posted and a free bump to add!

:thumbsup:

Mike

Brunty
01-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Good ADVERT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18230&item=4565824107&rd=1) Mike, if everything was advertised like this Ebay would cost me a stack of money. Hope it goes well for you.

....and free bump!

Bal
01-08-2005, 01:58 PM
lovely lovely car. what did you use to get the centre console silver? i been thinking of doing it, a mate runs an alloy refurb company and reckons he could powder coat my trim bits to give a nice effect.

B

pezza
01-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Just seen these pictures

That is a sweet looking saloon... really like the wheels :thumbsup:

Hope it goes to a caring new home..

Good Luck

mike
01-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm hoping it goes to a decent home.

I was waiting for someone on here to find it on eBay, its already got a load of watchers, but most are probably people on here waiting to see how much it sells for.

The centre console was done with Plastikote spray and laquer. Takes time, but a good finish! Not sure powder coat would be too good as its a thick finish meaning putting all the bits back together could be problematic.

Mike.

mike
08-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Still for sale...

Mike.

mike
18-08-2005, 11:15 AM
bum-titty-bump!

:thumbsup:

Grinder
18-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Looks really nice in white. Lovely car. I wish I needed one.... :)

bernmc
18-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Good ADVERT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18230&item=4565824107&rd=1) Mike, if everything was advertised like this Ebay would cost me a stack of money. Hope it goes well for you.

....and free bump!
I think perhaps the only mistake you've made is setting the starting price so high, rather than using a reserve. It means that you don't have a chance to get people caught up in that 'oh I'll just bid a little higher' war, which is what you need - they just won't even start bidding.

Stick it on for 99p, set your reserve at 5 grand, state the reserve in the ad, and let 'em at it. I've not been disappointed with this technique yet.

mike
25-08-2005, 08:45 AM
B-U-M-P.

/pan

Mike

mike
05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
:drummer:

mike
25-09-2005, 11:32 PM
This one is still for sale, and I'm still looking for a estate (non-VR4) to p/x or swap with.

Mike.