PDA

View Full Version : a couple of quick questions

nobbymogs
14-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi All

First of all i would like tosay thanx for the advise ive had even before ive had my car this forum is very similar to the MLR..........but thanx any way

As it is getting closer and closer to me getting this wonderful machine that ive waited SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for i have a few questions that i would if possible i would like the answers too

after a run do i need to let the turbos cool down properly like most performance cars, as im used to a auto turbo timer

Is there a alarm on these or should i just book it in for a Toad first as last

What oil are you all running i was gona use a good semi 5/40 is this ok?

any thing i need to look out for as i am totally blind to these cars ive never even driven 1 :embarasse

i think thats it apart from i wana join as a full member so as soon as shes here i'll be on board

Thanx in advance

Nobby :chugchug:

AllBeItMine
14-07-2005, 09:00 PM
After a run just make sure you have 1-2km's of crusing roads to coast home before you park up. that will be enough to cool it down. mitsi's really don't like idling for too long as a rule.

Alarms didn't come standard on these cars but central locking did. i would personally highly recommend an alarm.

5-40 semi is a good choice. don't go any higher ie 10w-50 as its too thin. need thicker oil for these cars than NA cars to cope with the tolerances. thicker oil will also prolong that mitsi tap tap tap. I run elf 0w-40 in mine and its been the best of all the oils i have tried so far.

I would when buying one of these cars check for a good service history. especially in the area of the AYC and Autobox. (if thats what you are getting) also - get a good compression test done and make sure all the cylinders come up nice and even.

nobbymogs
14-07-2005, 09:14 PM
ive got all the service history with it but its in Jap lol

im gona do the usual oils / filters and belts any way as id rather do it b4 something goes a bit petetong

Nick Mann
14-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Turbo rules are the same as any performance turbo car. I try to drive the last couple of miles nice and steady!
As stated, locking but no alarm.
Also as stated, 5w40 is a good bet, although several people on here recommend fully synthetic rather than semi.
Have you read the buyers guide? I think that covers expensive problems, but I still think that unmodified and cared for these cars are very reliable.