PDA

View Full Version : New Car!

V6nut
15-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Tomorrow I should be picking up my sport! So excited /Steeringw but just wondered if anyone can give me advice on what to check for on the problems front? :thumbsup:

Big Ian
15-07-2005, 09:04 PM
is it a Private or Trade deal? /Hmmm have you had a HPI check done? what year and mileage.

some thing's to check:

disc's, they warp!
front suspension: arm's/bushe's
tyre's: for even wear
headlight's: crack's stone chip's ( :thumbsup: not a common prob)

V6nut
15-07-2005, 09:42 PM
It's private, the guy already has an HPi that I have seen, its an X at 48k, immaculate condition it seems. VR4 spoiler which is nice. How would I check the discs and suspension etc? I'm not au fait with this sort of stuff as yet but will be learning quick I feel! :happy:

Big Ian
15-07-2005, 09:56 PM
BRAKES: drive about 30mph, touch the brake's lightly (as if to slow down) and feel for either steering wobble or brake pedal judder,don't stamp on them as you'll feel the ABS (abit like pedal judder..pulse's)

SUSPENSION,Arm's/Bushes: give them a good looking at, when /Steeringw driving feel and listen for nock's might be better (if you can) drive over some rough road surface ( :inquisiti not a feild!) all Galant's do give road noise but if something ain't right you'll know.

:thumbsup: Good Luck

V6nut
15-07-2005, 10:14 PM
thank you very much for your advice, been a great help! All being well I'll be at JAE next weekend to meet the peeps! Would love to see your boot conversion but understand you won't be there?