PDA

View Full Version : Load's O Leggy's

Big Ian
15-07-2005, 08:43 PM
auto trader Legnum's /Steeringw ..... :inquisiti some CrAzY price's for P-plate's (££ up N down ££)
i'm sure ive saw the last one somewhere else? /Hmmm ......... :thumbsup:

AuTo TrAdEr PaGe'S (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LEGNUM&min_pr=4000&max_pr=20000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=g822ba&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH)

some Saloon's on to :thumbsup:

Big Ian
15-07-2005, 08:47 PM
/Steeringw VR4 saloon's in with this list.....some where /Hmmm
Saloon's & other's (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&min_pr=4000&max_pr=20000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=g822ba&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH)

anyone know this car? (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&min_pr=4000&max_pr=20000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=g822ba&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=5&distance=64&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200528200000926) it's in Scotland.

Rambaud
15-07-2005, 11:56 PM
I have been looking at AutoTrader's VR4 pages over the past few days, as I am considering one.

This one caught my eye, but seems too cheap?

"P" Reg with 23,000 miles for £5795.

ritch_w
16-07-2005, 10:45 AM
anyone know this car? (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&min_pr=4000&max_pr=20000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=g822ba&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=5&distance=64&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200528200000926) it's in Scotland.

dont know the car - but clocked it had a VR-4 badge on the back /pan

Nick Mann
16-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I have been looking at AutoTrader's VR4 pages over the past few days, as I am considering one.

Maybe it is. Have a good read of the buyers guide before you go looking! There are bargains to be had out there.

Big Ian
16-07-2005, 12:21 PM

i'm pretty sure THIS CAR (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LEGNUM&min_pr=4000&max_pr=20000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=g822ba&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=7&distance=188&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200527199687955) has been discused about before?.... :inquisiti Black Legnum, Gold wheel's?? something to do about the paint work was spoke about?? not 100%, but i'm sure it's the same car /Hmmm

Kieran
16-07-2005, 12:29 PM
It has, Ian. It was on AutoAdvan's site for ages and ages. It's lowered, got a HKS exhaust and filter, and is in menacing black. I looked into buying it, as AutoAdvan touted a £2900 price tag, which considering it's specification looked okay - However there were several dents - the roof bars had been removed and the holes were just taped over, the front bumper was cracked and it needed a fair onld bit of TLC. On top of that, £2900 was just the FOB (Fee on Boat) price - To get it on a UK road worked out at about £5K+ before any of the problems were dealt with! :inquisiti

Big Ian
16-07-2005, 12:32 PM
/Hmmm K, i think you may be getting mixed up with the one that keep's c'mon on eBay?.....slightly?

Kieran
16-07-2005, 12:35 PM
/Hmmm K, i think you may be getting mixed up with the one that keep's c'mon on eBay?.....slightly?

:embarasse /pan

Just checked - You're absolutely right Ian!! :oops: /dunce /duh

I shall now get my coat, which on a day like today will be a uncomfortable experience..... :joker:

Big Ian
16-07-2005, 12:40 PM
i'm trying to find the info/post but nothing yet!....someone was defo going to buy this then declined and it's within these forum's......."SOMEWHERE" :evil2:

SGHOM
16-07-2005, 01:03 PM
don't just keep posting about them Ian !! GO OUT & BUY ONE !! /pan
or............ if you hang on a couple of months, I may know where there's a rather quick one for sale !! /Steeringw :thumbsup:

Big Ian
16-07-2005, 08:04 PM
don't just keep posting about them Ian !! GO OUT & BUY ONE !! /pan

:embarasse i know, i know.........but while i'm looking i might as well help other's :inquisiti
but when i'm really looking "i'll be keeping all the good one's too me sell!" :evil2:
:chugchug:

Nick Read
28-07-2005, 10:14 AM
This thread is exactly what I was going to post about. I've been considering Scooby wagons for up to £5k but then just for a laugh did a search for a VR4 on the 'trader and lo and behold, half a dozen P-reg Legnums turn up - right mileage, right price. Is there something weird going on here? I'm not complaining - if I can get into a 50k-70k miler Legnum VR4 for less than 5 grand, then I'll forget about a Scooby wagon. Are they cheaper cos the one dealer (Keighley Trade Centre) has got a boatload of them in? Or is it cos the early Legnums didn't have the full 280 hp? Or is it cos no-one wants them?

Help!

Nick Mann
28-07-2005, 10:20 AM
In the UK they were over £30k new. I don't know what the scooby is/was, so can't compare. The cars are cheap because no-one knows what they are! The VR4 is more comparable to the legacy than the imprezza, which I am assuming is the wagon you are talking about.

Don't worry about the 260/280 issue if you are going to play with boost controllers etc, as members with both versions achieve very similar results once exhaust/induction and boost are adjusted!

I have never been to KTC, but a few on here have, some of them have bought from them. There are a few threads about KTC however, and I think in summary the feeling is to treat it as a private sale and check the car as thouroughly as you can before buying.

bernmc
28-07-2005, 10:55 AM
This thread is exactly what I was going to post about. I've been considering Scooby wagons for up to £5k but then just for a laugh did a search for a VR4 on the 'trader and lo and behold, half a dozen P-reg Legnums turn up - right mileage, right price. Is there something weird going on here? I'm not complaining - if I can get into a 50k-70k miler Legnum VR4 for less than 5 grand, then I'll forget about a Scooby wagon. Are they cheaper cos the one dealer (Keighley Trade Centre) has got a boatload of them in? Or is it cos the early Legnums didn't have the full 280 hp? Or is it cos no-one wants them?

Help!

This is part of the downside of VR4's - they're difficult to sell. As Nick says, very few people know what they are, so the market is limited. The triptronic puts people off too - they expect it to be a std auto box I think.

VR4's must fall into the 'performance bargain of the moment' category now. Just remember that you may get one cheap now, but chances are you won't get much when it comes to resale again...

Rambaud
28-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Help!

Been doing the same sort of comparison myself.

Put myself down for a new SportWagon - ~ £240 + VAT for 3 Year Contract Hire, but then pulled out.

It's the electronics which scares me, I suppose. Buying the car may be the easy bit, it's the maintenance which could bankrupt me. :happy:

Nick Read
28-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the replies...good to know that there's an active forum going on here. From what I can see a Legnum is a pretty hefty car, as you say more comparable to a Legacy than an Impreza (I've been thinking about both, but a tidy Legacy B4 RSK is a lot more than I want to pay!)

Not too bothered about resale value tbh, never have really worried about that kind of thing. I've always bought cars for cash, to drive, not to resell, and I've never bought new. So a performance bargain is exactly what I'm looking for, plus hopefully being a Mitsubishi, it'll run to 200k miles with regular servicing? In other words, I don't mind if it ends up being worth sod all, as long as it still goes fast and is reliable in a few years time.

The fact that it's tiptronic is about the only reason I'm looking at Legnums, I definitely don't want a full auto box, but a tiptronic I could put up with I reckon.

As far as tuning goes, from what you're saying the Legnums are not physically restricted from making 280bhp, it's just the ECU that holds it back? but the mechanicals are just as capable, i.e same turbo, same lump, same fuelling etc, just a different ECU?

Nick Mann
28-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Not sure if the fuelling is the same or not - some have said that the pre-facelift has a deadspot compared to the post facelift. I myself have not noticed it. But whatever the software is doing, the hardware is still the same.

I don't know of any 200k VR4's, but there are a few with 100k still going strong. One observation - the less you tinker the lower your repair bills are likely to be! This is not always the case, but seems to be a good rule of thumb. I have been lucky - I haven't had a big bill yet!

Kieran
28-07-2005, 11:46 PM
....there are a few with 100k still going strong. ....

Indeed!! (well almost there!) :smug: :smug:

Nick Read
29-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Indeed!! (well almost there!) :smug: :smug:

So perhaps look for something not too close to 100k then if I want it to last. Are there any problems with getting imports serviced at Mitsubishi garages, or are they not bothered? I assume the Ralliart ones were just official imports not full UK models anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem?

Kieran
29-07-2005, 03:25 PM
So perhaps look for something not too close to 100k then if I want it to last. Are there any problems with getting imports serviced at Mitsubishi garages, or are they not bothered? I assume the Ralliart ones were just official imports not full UK models anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem?

Yeah, Mitsubisihi UK is very import friendly. Some random dealerships try to wiggle out of it, but most are fine.