PDA

View Full Version : Got my vr4 today

nutrok
16-07-2005, 07:30 AM
so yea pikd up my 96 type s vr4 legnum from auckland today and man it is f*****n awesome it so cool. it also so quick it gets to the speed limiter so quick. i fink the speedos owt a bit cos it went to like 190(apprx.) but yea wat a totaly fantastic car. especialy since im 17. legnum vr4s are the gr8st things eva!!

i3ooyah
16-07-2005, 07:34 AM
*siiiiiiiigggggghhhhh*

everything about that post is just wrong dude, everything

Gly
16-07-2005, 07:49 AM
*siiiiiiiigggggghhhhh*

everything about that post is just wrong dude, everything

its not all bad... soon there'll be some vr4 legnum parts forsale
:joker:

nutrok
16-07-2005, 07:49 AM
no it isnt it algud

nutrok
16-07-2005, 07:51 AM
i wont crash. theas a road boot 10kms long n it private n it realy str8

Pescha
16-07-2005, 07:56 AM
I agree, It's called respecting your VR4 nutrok, They do break if you don't respect them, like anything you thrash them they will break sooner than later.... Have you got mechanical insurance?

Pescha!

i3ooyah
16-07-2005, 07:57 AM

haha its always nice when people see the positive side of things :) i need a new rear passenger door

is it even under your name? insurance has seen cases with cars under parents names everyday so you wont get any sympathy

Pescha
16-07-2005, 08:00 AM
is it even under your name? insurance has seen cases with cars under parents names everyday so you wont get any sympathy

So true the joys of being under 25 years of age!

haha...... /pan

Gly
16-07-2005, 08:01 AM
haha its always nice when people see the positive side of things :) i need a new rear passenger door

which side?? theres one on TM for $50 + P&P
its silver aswell

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Exterior/auction-31105098.htm

i3ooyah
16-07-2005, 08:02 AM
one more year to go :P

instead of putting you down dude i'll give you some constructive advice...instead of telling us how your car goes to 190km/h as we all are aware of how about telling us about the car, what color is it, done any mods, what do you plan on doing to it if anything, can we see pics, etc?

thanks gly im gonna send that dude a email

Kenneth
16-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Give the guy a chance. Haven't met him or seen his driving, so wont comment myself.

How many of you have not had your car on the limiter? (if its limited that is) I have many times. (Private roads only of course)

Time will tell what sort of person/driver nutrok is, how about giving him the benefit of doubt to begin with?

i3ooyah
16-07-2005, 08:08 AM
big bad kenneth to the rescue :P

Gly
16-07-2005, 08:10 AM
yeh maybe,

but coming on a a forum of what i would describe as mature people,

and saying,

wow guess what i got ... a legnum vr4... im only 17 and therefore SOOO!! cool,
espcially since i did 190km in it

it just dont come accross very mature??

dickytim
16-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the club Nutrok, as Kenny said, but as a warning from some one who keeps breaking his car :( They are expensive to fix, service and repair please be careful, if you want to thrash your car take it to Meremere and prove how good it is on paper.

BTW the limiter is at about 190kph.

Pescha
16-07-2005, 08:11 AM
so yea pikd up my 96 type s vr4 legnum from auckland today and man it is f*****n awesome it so cool. it also so quick it gets to the speed limiter so quick. i fink the speedos owt a bit cos it went to like 190(apprx.) but yea wat a totaly fantastic car. especialy since im 17. legnum vr4s are the gr8st things eva!!

We all know how fast our VR4's go, as like Ken said! I know it's a new toy! but, just becareful, as the VR4's are no cheap to repair, and more importantly your safety.

These cars are awesome, beautiful machinary that deserves the upmost respect (gee I sound like Ali G).

Enjoy! and I hope to meet up with you at our club meets.

Lol I sound like camp mother now!

Pescha!

Pescha
16-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the club Nutrok, as Kenny said, but as a warning from some one who keeps breaking his car :( They are expensive to fix, service and repair please be careful, if you want to thrash your car take it to Meremere and prove how good it is on paper.

BTW the limiter is at about 190kph.

Lol Richard I was going to refer to you when writing one of my first posts on this thread, but didn't want to offend lol....

dickytim
16-07-2005, 08:18 AM
All good, I can't help thrashing cars so I just have to pay for it, the latest is a stuffed clutch master cylinder, that was today, got it running so will be at Pukekohe.

Kenneth
16-07-2005, 08:23 AM
big bad kenneth to the rescue :P

lol

When I was 17 I put my old mans Legacy GX through a brick fence... bounced off the fence (after destroying it) and ended up not far from a power pole. (couple of feet). It was a crazy accident that I was lucky to get off lightly with.

I learnt respect for big cars the hard way. I hope nutrock doesn't have to also...

The best thing you can do IMO is hang around with people that are serious about their cars and know how to drive. Could save your life.
On the flip side, being the person who gives the advice that saves a life is better than being the one that critisised and predicted that an accident was bound to happen. (which it is... but hey :P)

I don't mean to get on my high horse, but as a club I feel we should be responsible about how we handle young drivers.
Some of us could be considered quite young also. am under 25 myself (only about 3 weeks though ;) )

Pescha
16-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Some of us could be considered quite young also.

HAHA I'm young at heart! Does that count :thumbsup:

Kenneth
16-07-2005, 08:39 AM
HAHA I'm young at heart! Does that count :thumbsup:

Surely you arn't over 25??? :shocked:

enigma
16-07-2005, 09:00 AM
190kmh, thats a bit ghey! Had mine at 260kmh last week! :smug:

Welcome to the club from one of the fastest :thumbsup:

caishanvr4
16-07-2005, 05:31 PM
She doesn,t look over 25 /JawDroppi /Hyper ;)

dickytim
16-07-2005, 08:21 PM
I was waiting on an invite to your 21st Pescha :chugchug:

nutrok
16-07-2005, 10:39 PM
yea u guys r rite. thanks for the people standing up for me. u others can say wat u wont it algud.it was just the 1st day had to c. the insurance is under my name and so is the car. i have a three year mechanical warrenty but i do undersdtand that if smething breaks due to abuse they wil refuse. i wont be hardly ever thrashing it cos i do want it to last. um the car is that trigger amuve color. the car is completly standard at the moment but im putting my stereo in today and hopefully within two months its slammed on kings superlows or somthing. also some gauges soon and a RSM soon if i can find one.
cheers guys

ShadyNZer
17-07-2005, 07:50 AM
chuck up some pics man...ill prolly be boostin back to tok soonish, so might see it...seen that white legnum in tok that boosts hard so his valve can go off then tries to change gears to sound like a manual? nifty

bluey
17-07-2005, 10:27 AM
yea u guys r rite. thanks for the people standing up for me. u others can say wat u wont it algud.it was just the 1st day had to c. the insurance is under my name and so is the car. i have a three year mechanical warrenty but i do undersdtand that if smething breaks due to abuse they wil refuse. i wont be hardly ever thrashing it cos i do want it to last. um the car is that trigger amuve color. the car is completly standard at the moment but im putting my stereo in today and hopefully within two months its slammed on kings superlows or somthing. also some gauges soon and a RSM soon if i can find one.
cheers guys

sounds like fun - got me some kings - dunno if they is superlows but my leggy is so boned - my mags camber hard! in fact gotta get some new tyres tomorrow. got a couple of 12" subs - they go hard.
good luck building ya beast!!! it's sooooo much fun, and sooooo expensive - hahahaha!!!!!! i love it. joint income rocks!!!!! show us some pics!!!

maori_by_nature
17-07-2005, 10:12 PM
/lol
L M F A O

nutrok
18-07-2005, 07:47 AM
shadnzer is dat the one wit white 17"s and a lightning stripe sorta thing up tha side?
um i dont have a camera but wen i get a usb cable for ma fone ill get sum up. my stereo is in so i hav strated just gota save cash n buy gauges n junk.

ShadyNZer
18-07-2005, 09:07 PM
^^ yeah, got a mad sounds sticker on the back....that stripe is somethin shockin...u know them?

nutrok
19-07-2005, 06:27 AM
yea bro dat my mate. hes kool but he just blew up the gearbox. too many limit launches and neutrel drops. runs crazy boost too.