PDA

View Full Version : games console?

Big Ian
16-07-2005, 11:21 PM
what would you recomend to a beginner?
/help

i'm a rare type O guy.....ive never been "in-to" game's! such as PS1, PS2, X-box...etc etc...so for a type of past time (for when i'm not on-line or at work or cleaning my car's or shopping or housework or walking the dog or family thing's or...... :inquisiti intimate time's :smug: ) what's best value for cash?

SGHOM
16-07-2005, 11:34 PM
solitaire ?? free cell ?? :embarasse :embarasse

venomboy
16-07-2005, 11:39 PM
I love games and have a PS1, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, some obscure old first generation stuff, and of course a games spec computer!
so to answer your question for cheapness and a good variety of games go for PS2, it is last generation and graphically not up to xbox standards but the games designers have had that much more time to get the best from it and some of the most fun to play games don't need cutting edge graphics.
If you like playing FPS (first person shooters) then it has to be Xbox as the sony can't compete in this arena. Xbox isn't that much more expensive and what games it has are graphically superior but IMHO it does not have the strength in depth of games available to the Sony.
You will notice I have not mentioned the Gamecube as I feel this is a niche machine, more suitable for kids or those interested in the distinctive Japanese styling of such games as Sonic and Mario.
VB
PS. of course next year the next gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony will be out but they're unknown factors as yet!

Axeboy
16-07-2005, 11:41 PM
PS2 with GT4

If you like cars that is /pan

BraindG
17-07-2005, 12:14 AM
PS2 with GT4

If you like cars that is /pan
The put the ps2 in your vr4, just like me.. then youll be super dooper cool..

Big Ian
17-07-2005, 12:21 AM
so is PS2 maybe best for someone not heavy into console's but wanting to have a decent console for using with a decent amount of game's to choose from? /Hmmm .......... :inquisiti someone like "ME"

BraindG
17-07-2005, 12:24 AM
the ps2 isn't the best console, graphics wise.. but its got some pretty neat games, i.e. gt4/tekken.. xbox pisses all over it for graphics, yet doesnt have the scope in games... personally i'd say PS2...

Brunty
17-07-2005, 12:32 AM
so is PS2 maybe best for someone not heavy into console's but wanting to have a decent console for using with a decent amount of game's to choose from? /Hmmm .......... :inquisiti someone like "ME"

If you can wait a few months (November maybe???) prices will tumble as the XBox will be superceded by the Xbox 360 and (shortly after???) the PS2 will be replaced by the PS3.

I own an Xbox and love it, although if I had to make my choice again the fact that you can race VR4s on the PS2 might well have swayed me.....

Gly
17-07-2005, 10:27 AM
i'd go with the xbox, mod chip + large harddrive,
backup your legally purchased (rented from the loacl vid shop) games to the drive to keep and play forever,
that way if the game looses its appeal you havent lost alot of $$

ANTHONY
17-07-2005, 10:47 AM
my sones have the xbox, ps2, and gamecube i think the ps2 is the best as there is proberly more choice, plays dvd's and also old ps1 games

richy rich
17-07-2005, 11:34 AM
my sons got ps2 love playing need4speed undergroud 2 when cant get out in car /Steeringw
start with stock car mode it to some cool cars and race it, only prob no vr4 :laugh:

RiteOff
17-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Id, like so many above me say PS2. I dont have time, nor the want to lock myself in my room playing vid games all day. BUT, when i get that hankerin to shoot ppl, race fast ps2 hasnt let me down, from racing to fishing games its a great, user friendly and diverse system. Oh, and i had XXbox, but gave it to younger family members...its a bit too "hardcore" gamer for me

WildCards
19-07-2005, 11:34 AM
PS2 for GT4 only. Other than that XBOX is king of the crop for me. Most of the good games are available on both platforms and the XBOX has a few gems of it's own when it comes to racing games:

PGR2
Rallisport Challenge 2
TOCA Race Driver 2 (available on both platforms i think)

and many more...

d3x
19-07-2005, 11:50 AM
PS2 for GT4 only. Other than that XBOX is king of the crop for me. Most of the good games are available on both platforms and the XBOX has a few gems of it's own when it comes to racing games:

PGR2
Rallisport Challenge 2
TOCA Race Driver 2 (available on both platforms i think)

and many more...

Personally I think it's a case of horses for courses. The xbox is the best for shoot'm ups (halo is the god of shooters!!!) but then the ps2 is better for driving games (as in the playability)

But then if you have access to a hi spec pc you're laughing at every other console!

I helped my brother in law set up a pc network for gamers some time ago. He's got some patented stuff goin on that makes the games just come out at yer. I walked away after two hours and couldn't stand up properly! He's just moved the whole thing to a new location but should be back up and running soon. Anyone up for 15 up play of doom III, quake arena? or any of the other top titles?

Wodjno
19-07-2005, 11:57 AM
It's gota be the XBox for me too (Chipped with a large hard drive) as was said £2.50 to £3.50 a game from rental shop.. I have got 52 games on my XBox which has cost me a total of around a £160 +£200 for the console.. :thumbsup: Oh and i have a PS2 and 1 game.. GT4. And thats the only reason i brought it. :thumbsup:

BraindG
19-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I helped my brother in law set up a pc network for gamers some time ago. He's got some patented stuff goin on that makes the games just come out at yer.

That anything like www.theterranetwork.com ?

d3x
19-07-2005, 12:15 PM
That anything like www.theterranetwork.com ?

oh my god, that's it!!!

I didn't put up the url as I didn't want my post to come across as blatent plug for the site. Does that mean you've heard of it???? ever been??¿?¿?

BraindG
19-07-2005, 12:20 PM
oh my god, that's it!!!

I didn't put up the url as I didn't want my post to come across as blatent plug for the site. Does that mean you've heard of it???? ever been??¿?¿?
I know everything :scholar: :smug: - No ive never been, but, im pretty sure your brother in law used to have a Legnum :inquisiti

d3x
19-07-2005, 12:25 PM
I know everything :scholar: :smug: - No ive never been, but, im pretty sure your brother in law used to have a Legnum :inquisiti

HA HA, where do you think I got mine from!!!!!!

BraindG
19-07-2005, 12:27 PM
HA HA, where do you think I got mine from!!!!!!
:thumbsup: /Banana

:oops: /Hijack :end: :curtain: