PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork repairs needed

Grinder
17-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Just been handed 500 quid by an uninsured driver who drove into us. Luckily nobody hurt.

Anyone know where I can get a used drivers side front wing, and possibly a door. Getting it checked tomorrow for other damage, but the rest looks repairable. None of the lights were damaged.

Spirit
17-07-2005, 07:27 PM
The usual......Zedy1 ? :thumbsup:

Brunty
17-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Glad it's worked out for you - what happens when he runs out of £500's or causes more than 'mechanical damage'?

Like I say great that it's work out and fingers crossed that your repair charges will leave you with plenty of change :thumbsup: I'd be tempted to report him anyway - 'cos I'm a mean miserable bast*rd!!!!

BTW: Zedy1 is an absolute star.

Grinder
17-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Just pm'd yer man Zedy1 :) Thanks for the tip guys - giving me a good feeling.

Hoping that by replacing the wing and door myself we can do it for the money. I agree he was damn lucky - there was me, wife, daughter of 3 years old and son of 4 months old, makes me sick to think what might have happened.

I just managed to vere away from him enough to avoid any chassis/frame damage (I think).

richy rich
17-07-2005, 09:50 PM
i doit it will only be 500 quid as i had a new door seal replaced on my old str was £90 i didntpay for it the old owner did.
hope it works out thou.
my old str was a right of after a t**t in a trany pulled out in front of me, see below, but got vr4 now thou.

Grinder
19-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Hmm insurance assessor is making some alarming noises about 'valuation' and 'cost of repair', and 'uneconomical repair'. He is prepared to proceed and fight it with the insurance co because he didn't realise the Leggie comes with all the kit, touch-screen climate, changer, 4x4, tiptronic etc..

I suspect the door and wing would really help - especially if I fit them first they only have to paint it then.....Zedy1's still looking I am crossing my fingers!

Brunty
19-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Fingers crossed for you :anxious: