Thread: Your Pet(s)

Last Online
    04-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Jag X-Type estate

Thumbs up Here's my two

These are our two (now sadly just one) dogs, photographed on the back seat of the car, last year. On the left is Pippin a golden Cocker Spaniel and on the right is Jenny a Lakeland Terrier cross who had to be put down early last month at the grand old age of 16.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    01-05-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    XF V8 & Shogun

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    24-09-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom

Henry the cat, he loves track days too

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    14-03-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4

too many cats....

Sable Rough Collies.. daft as brushes, nice dogs too if not a little "barky"

My family pet... (notice how hes managed to dirty the floor after only having it cleaned recently)

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Dan, I've always thought those were really good looking dogs, but I've heard about them being a little barky too

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Dan, I've always thought those were really good looking dogs, but I've heard about them being a little barky too
    I grew up with Rough Collies (tri-colours, rather than sables) and would own one at any point, given the chance. Beautiful dogs!

Excluding my dad's current plank of a collie, and an unfortunate few months with a rescued colllie (complete with a suitcase full of snap-aggressive behaviour) they've all been loyal, affectionate, fun, boisterous, obedient and well behaved.

But they've *ALL* had plenty to say!

I'll have to scan in a few piccies of Prince, my favourite and best pal from when I was seven untill I was 18. He was the best!

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    14-03-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4

oh yeah he was from a good line.. wot wot... very good looking dog... very symmetrical with good white collar and white socks... the symmetry is good for all that have mild OCD like me..

certainly the best looking dog on the street and he knows it... all the bitches want a piece of him...

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    Excluding my dad's current plank of a collie, and an unfortunate few months with a rescued colllie (complete with a suitcase full of snap-aggressive behaviour) they've all been loyal, affectionate, fun, boisterous, obedient and well behaved.
    You mean apart from Max who used to take a chunk out of you at every opportunity? Mind you that was understandable.

As for Darwin, the current plank - words just fail. You take the damn thing for a walk and he runs home, you get his toys out to play, and he puts them back in the corner, and as for negotiating kitchen floors..... just don't get me started!

I dare say they are usually lovely dogs, but my vote still goes with my mum's extremely intelligent standard poodle.

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

heres my lot first up is val(named after valentino rossi i got him the day after rossi won the 500 world championship for the first time ) , my best freind , he has been through a hell of a lot in his life , abused and abandoned ,then rescued by me , he has seen more of the country than most people , and all from the comort of a lorry . now leads a slightly more relaxing life oot in t' country

then we have coco (pyhscoco) the kitten who is madder than a bucket of frogs

coc and her favorite toy

well this is gonzo the 5 kilo rabbit hunter , he turned up at our old house one day , and decided he liked us , he is a big bugger and strong as an ox , full grown rabbits , peice of cake , he just drags them across the feild and eats them on the front lawn

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

OK. This is going to take a while as we've currently got 13 pets Kate's hobby is her animals (mine is my car ).

Let's start with the bunnies. We have got three bonded pairs:

Pepsi & Phoebe
    Joey & Melody
    Shandy & Dexter

Pepsi was our first bunny. He is about 3 years old now and is a lovely friendly little chap but can be a fussy little man. He lives with Phoebe. Phoebe was a rabbit that Kate rescued when she brought her home from work one night when the vet said she would not last the night. Kate nursed her back to health and now is she is a very affectionate bunny. Phoebe is about 2 and a half.

Joey is about 2 years old. He was another bunny that Kate rescued from being put to sleep because he had bad teeth and her work were not willing to pay for treatment. Kate took him on and fed him by hand for weeks, and got him back to health. He used to live with Gizmo but unfortunately she died and recently he has met a new girlfriend, Melody. Melody came from Animal Lifeline in London and she is a rescued bunny. Melody is about 1 year old.

Shandy & Dexter both also came from Animal Lifeline. Shandy is about 2 years old and has had a rough time in the past but is a lovely bunny. We only got Dexter about 2 weeks ago. He is only 5 months old and we have just put these two together.

Some of these pictures were taken before we moved. All the bunnies now live in the garden in bunny "mansions" which are kitting out with lighting and heating!

So that's the bunnies. We have also got 2 guinea pigs, 3 gerbils and 2 hamsters. I'll get some pics of those up at some point too.
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    but my vote still goes with my mum's extremely intelligent standard poodle.

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    You mean apart from Max who used to take a chunk out of you at every opportunity? Mind you that was understandable.
    Well, yeah it was! I must say though, he never injured me. He knew just how much to nip me to make me sod off! I was somewhere between 2 and 7 during his lifetime - just the right age for pulling hair, teasing and tormenting, 'donkey' rides, etc... He was an irritable sort and also there was quite a sibling rivalry between us! As an example, each sunday morning I'd wander into mum and dad's room, as you do when you're little. Unless Max was on patrol - in which case I was chased around by him! He liked to 'herd' me away from them if he could get away with it

Mind you, I used to get my own back - He didn't like the hosepipe on him! That was such fun untill I got caught!

Name
    Brent
    Last Online
    29-01-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

We got 4 Oriental Siamese of various ages ( I'm surfing with one on my knee now )
    Isaac - the old gentleman, 17 excepts he makes too much noise when he's lonely, he's an 'Ebony' black obviously.
    Koko - the super ratter, about 5 now and soft as, loves his tummy rubbed, another ebony and if he wasn't neutered he'd be dangerous.
    Then Abbie ( on my knee ) and her sister Halo, both about 2, sisters although Abbie is a Havana, dark chocolate brown and Halo is a type reversion in that she has seal point siamese colouring, Designated as a Chocolate Silver Point Lynx on the pedigree papers.
    Abbie

Halo

And here's Isaac taking care of his 'kittens' ( when we first got them.
    Watch out, I've got a VR4 and a 4G61T and I'm not afraid to use them !

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Nice cats Xeroid... Good name too

The chocolate silver point lynx is interesting for sure. I love Havanas, we used to have two before the chocolate point. That's why I want a russian blue... they're one of the main bloodlines that the havana is based on (and gives them the more solid, angular shape than siamese).

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Dan, I've always thought those were really good looking dogs
    Dirty bastard!

PSB - giz your kitten then
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

Quote Originally Posted by bernmc

PSB - giz your kitten then
    trust me she is completely psychotic , whereas gonzo brings food home (mice rabbits pheasants wildebeest) coco brings leaves and small bits of paper that blow past home she quiet often practises her stalking techniques for hours ......on a worm

Name
    Brent
    Last Online
    29-01-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

What gets me about our 4 guys, they are all so different personality wise.
    Isaac is so unflappable, real old dodderer now but he is always so gentle.
    Koko we thought was psychotic but he's mellowed into a absolutely soft arsed boy, real gentle ...but a rat killer
    Abby is a tom boy, mischievious, into everything, chase whatever.
    Halo - well Halo is blonde, nuff said. This is a cat who is walking along and just falls over in a forward roll and flops down on the floor.
    They are all gorgeous for sure and where ever you are they HAVE to come and see what you are doing, very 'people attached' cats rather than territory. We call them Velcro Cats cos they stick to you.

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

OK - here are some more of our's.

First of all, one of the gerbils. This is Houdini. His little friends ; Ozzy and Fonzy didn't want to have their photo's taken today.

Then we have Honey the hamster. He is over two and a half years old now.

And finally, we have Gromit. He is about a year old.

I have still got to get some photos of the guinea pigs. They keep running away when they see me ...

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

We have pests too

1. Claudie - almost 16, half persian, half turkish van - the bestest cross breed IMO, noisy, stubborn and very, very friendly

2. Charlie - sadly no more, but had a great life and was always up to no good (like most ginger toms!!)

3. Max - 14 year old scouse terrier - he was abandoned in a lay by in Liverpool as a puppy and spent almost a year in kennels before we got him - he was a nightmare as a youngster but is now a pleasure to own

4. Foss - 3 year old Jack Russell - seen here at 6 weeks when we got him - he is the reason we bought an estate car

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    09-06-2012
    Country
    England
    Car
    defected to a L

Right then!!!!

We have the wife's rabbit Nala, and guinea pig called Piggy.

My African Grey Parrot called Jack (who's 3 years old, a talkative bugger, and supposedly will live til he's 50 or so!)

Also Our 12 week old Great Dane called Darcy. He's only 8 weeks old in the photo's and seems twice as big now!!

Here's a bit of a montage of him too : http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Will he fit in the back of a legnum when fully grown? (that question mainly aimed at the irish wolfhound/lab owner!!)

cheers,

Mart

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast