Brent
    Last Online
    29-01-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

Tyres ...

Ok, we're anal about our tyres, both cars are running Goodyear Eagle F1 D3's and have done so for some time. They seem to be the best deal as value for money, road holdability etc.
    We got ours through Frank Allen up in Albany, Bush Road and we have to recommend these guys for really taking care of us and understanding our requirements.
    With the D3's it is critical to maintain correct pressure and alignment to get best wear out of them and they have kept us spot on so that Liz's VR4 has rolleed over 30,000 kms on hers and they are still in good warrantable condition. They rotate them for us every 5000 as part of the warranty deal we took when we bought ( about an extra $50 I think ) and we have only ever paid minimal amounts for balancing and alignments eg we took both cars in yesterday for rotate and check and it cost $55 and that was only cos I'd had a left rack joint replaced and it needed a minor alignment. That was for both cars, not each ..! The warranty covers repairs, punctures, pressure checks and rotates and some other stuff I can't remember

So just saying, if you want some professional wheel/tyre care those guys are excellent.
    See Ross or Jason or young David ( who seems to have adopted our cars ) and tell them Liz & Brent recommended them to you, they are good value.
    Watch out, I've got a VR4 and a 4G61T and I'm not afraid to use them !

Name
    Dale
    Last Online
    15-09-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Mazda6,EG Civic

Don't know if it includes better quality tyres, but some car magazine over in england decided to check to see if minimum tread depth was a smart level. They tested one set at the minimum depth and another at a bit more. one car gained an extra 40% stopping distance.

Name
    Michael
    Last Online
    31-03-2017
    Membership ID
    NZ051
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR4 5 Spee
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroid
    We got ours through Frank Allen up in Albany, Bush Road and we have to recommend these guys for really taking care of us and understanding our requirements.
    Last year i was working fixing trailers in Albany, so we needed heaps of different tyres most weeks and we used those guys for every tyre problem, and yeah they do have a really good team of people.

2/1/06 Rangikapiti Pa - Mangonui, Northland