Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitsubishi dealers (Feedback Here)

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Angry

mitsubishi garage aberdeen. i,ll never use agian. just got my 2000 v6 back today after three months in garage.
    coming home from holiday in august i lost drive just outside middlesbourgh. had to come home on a lorry to aberdeen.
    put the car into the mitsubishi garage to get it sorted. was told it was the gear box & it would be £2500ish for a gearbox & fit. i asked how much to fit if i got gearbox myself i was told £500ish. so i got a gearbox myself for £387 with torque converter.
    gearbox arrived & was fitted. was told it still did'nt drive. but they had fitted the old torque converter cause the torque converter had'nt come with gearbox & the gearbox would have to come out agian & i would be charged again.
    after talking to some experts on triptronic boxes i was told it should have never been fitted without a new torque converter.
    after an arguement with the garage they agreed to fit it again for free.
    they fitted it again i got the phone call the cars running but it leeking gearbox oil.
    by this time i'd bought a legnum so i told them just to get it sorted so i could sell it.
    i was ten told to pay the bill before they would do anymore work.
    so i payed bill off £520. when in payed the bill i was told when they fitted the torgue converter they had to clean it up a bit & my have ripped the seal.
    in my eyes that sounds like there mistake again but never the less i told them to go ahead cuase i was getting fed up by this time.
    it turned out it was the seal & i had to pay another £560 today
    so as you can tell i'm not happy.

sorry for the rant but i had to get it off my chest and warn everyone if there thinking of using mitsubishi garage aberdeen.

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

That's not good as the V6 box is very, very well known with most aftermarket gearbox rebuilders for loosing drive - And it's all down to the torque converter - The splines weren't up to the job and they eventually strip. The further problem is that when this happens it usually damages the input shaft splines too - Making them slightly undersize... End result is both must be replaced, or you'll get the same problem again.

Surely a main dealer must know that?! That's very poor.

Name
    Steven
    Last Online
    01-02-2015
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by nismoevo
    Not in UK but

Mitsubishi in Sweden is kinda shame!

I beg to differ. Maybe your local dealer but Mitsu Sweden (the importer) or rather their tech dep have helped a me a lot.
    Going to give my local Mitsu dealer here in Norrköping a real test when they have to deal with the recall works. I'll get back with a report on how they react to a "Galant" with a prop shaft

Last Online
    04-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Jag X-Type estate

Mitsubishi Motorworld Oxford

As an addendum to my thread in the VR4 section concerning my radiator woes, when I broke down on the M40 my recovery company was planning to take me to the nearest Mitsi dealer, named above. Aware of the issue, the age of the car, etc, I phoned them to see what sort of service I would get on arrival. The phone converstaion went along the lines of:

MMO: can I help you sir?
    Me: I've got a Galant VR4 and am being recovered to your place. Do you have a radiator in stock?
    MMO: No. Couldn't get one before Tuesday at the earliest. (This is on a Friday afternoon, bank holiday weekend).
    Me: OK. If I can get one bought to me over the weekend, can I fix the car at your place?
    MMO: No. Cant allow you to use our facilities.
    Me: Thats OK. I don't need them. I just need space to do the rad swap. I can do that wherever the car is dropped.
    MMO: No. Sorry cant allow you to work anywhere on our site.
    Me: So there's nothing you can do to help me until Tuesday, and I can't do the work myself?
    MMO: Afraid so.
    Me: Thanks. I'll make alternative arrangements.
    Not exactly the most helpful service manager, considering my predicament, and not surprising to see them with a rating of 2.3 on the Evo list. Was just hoping that the replacement rad did fix the problem and that weren't the next local dealer should I have needed one later.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

That does seem unhelpful, but I expect that they have insurance to worry about, and the fact that they could be liable (i.e. not covered) if something untoward were to happen to you whilst on their premises.

Although if that is the case, I'm sure the simple task of explaining it, would have helped with the understanding. Same net result, admittedly, but knowing the reasoning is better all round than just being told, "Sorry, you can't use our facilities".
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    04-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Jag X-Type estate

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio
    That does seem unhelpful, but I expect that they have insurance to worry about, and the fact that they could be liable (i.e. not covered) if something untoward were to happen to you whilst on their premises.

Although if that is the case, I'm sure the simple task of explaining it, would have helped with the understanding. Same net result, admittedly, but knowing the reasoning is better all round than just being told, "Sorry, you can't use our facilities".
    Nev, agree absolutely. Could also have gone the route of allowing me to work, but with the caveat that its on my own head if anything went wrong. I understand the insurance and 'elf & safety bit. Thats common sense, which is sadly lacking in todays society - and thats another story entirely!!

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

unfortunately we in the UK are heading down a litigious path like the yanks, where a guy like you will play the game and not abuse the garages goodwill if they had let you do the work, but there are plenty others out there that would say they would do the work with no come back, but then abuse the garages goodwill if it all went wrong. unfortunately that seems to happen across many different industries now.
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Name
    Ram
    Last Online
    04-12-2014
    Country
    England
    Car
    97 legnum vr4

Setyres in burgess hill are utterly useless and should be ashamed to call themselves mechanics took my car in to have bit of work done for mot such as re installing cat, replace light bulb and turn off srs light only to be told when I picked the car up it had still failed mot on srs light because none of their diagnostic plugs fitted. But still want 120£ for parts and labour.....
    I should also add that as I was leaving the monkey behind the desk said we didn't know legnums existed we have never seen one before!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123