Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Newmarket

Last Online
    10-02-2008
    Country
    New Zealand

Mitsubishi Newmarket

Had booked my Legnum in for a transmission flush + change "tomorrow".
    I asked if I could drop it off today so they could get into it first thing on thursday, and the guy kevin said of couse.

I also asked if they could hav a little look at what a lite rattle sound could be coming from in the engine under a little trottle. "Not a Problem".

Got the call 11am on Wed to say they finshed. cool quick.
    "The Green Team" found 2 small adjustments, a pipe and a pulley, sweet I was so happy not a dieing waste gate. $420 was a nice price for good work.

came home with a silliconed set of wheels and 2 bags of lollies, Which apparently tasted nice, I did not see these as my bad lil wife would not share! But hey I could not be happier with their work.

But I do hav a question,
    Why is my Engine Number 6A13-RUSTED? its on the Onwership papers from LTSA like that too.

I dont know who owned the nice white (face lift) Legnum getting serviced today also, It looked MINT. It was nice to park next to another member who looks after there car soo well! - I must get one of those mumber plate surrounds too. Again nice car mate
    Created Them
    We Engineered
    Together We Can Acheive Anything,

(even learning to spell!)

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

The white facelift car will be Williams car that is there for idle control problems at the moment.

Good to hear they got your car sorted out, they have impressed me down there multiple times.

Name
    KiwiTT
    Last Online
    24-05-2018
    Membership ID
    NZ001
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    BMW 330i
    My Garage
    Visit

Glad they looked after you.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a VR-4, around corners at speed. But it costs see here

Name
    William
    Last Online
    15-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

Thanks for the kind words mate! Yes, the white one is mine. I will hopefully get it back later today and will report back.

Last Online
    10-02-2008
    Country
    New Zealand

hey William how did you car go?
    were they able to find the problem?

Name
    William
    Last Online
    15-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

No luck yet! They gave it back to me on Friday afternoon and said I must use it over the weekend. No change. They phoned me today to find out how it was going and said they will take it back again. I don't really know what to do - I have paid them about $1000 to solve the problem so feel they should sort it out now. If I take it to someone else I will have to pay them again. Another option is to borrow GLY's old pipework and fit it to my car and see what happens. The annoying thing is that I could almost have paid for solid pipes by now!

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

yep. ive got it all here if you need it, including a good stepper motor.

for a 1000$ i could do all my hard pipes again, and another cooler, and some down pipes!

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

william, i cant remember what your exact problem was, but could it be an air leak from a pipe that is hard to see ie. the stupid platic pipe to the rear turbo?

so they have tested the ecu and stepper motor and they are ok? the stepper motor hasnt been replaced has it? in my car i have a diamante stepper motor so at cold idle it sits at 2000rpm for a liitle while (ive had it reset using mut and its the best that can be achived)

it couldnt be something like wrong stepper motor? they all look the same except the ends look slightly different ie. one is slightly bigger. the dude at mitsi on the shore couldnt tell the difference at a glance thats how similar they are!

well i know from experence that cars suck when things like this haapens and you feel as though you are chasing your tail!

may i suggest booking it in on the shore? you will have to pay abit more but hey, at least its a second opinion

Last Online
    29-12-2008
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 sedan

Hey that sucks when that happens, I would certainly approach the big cheese if they try to stretch you out to much more on that (good thing your dealing with mitsi, there's a few big cheese's down there) A grand should buy you more than a few hours for 'diagnosis' of a problem!, shouldn't really be carrying out work unless they've given you a diagnosis ( and if that's wrong then they should only charge the diagnosis cost) could be a fair trading issue you know!

One of the things that I have learnt real fast about the gen 8 vr4 is that there is sweet stuff all people around who have any half decent knowledge on them. All the turbo guy's I have spoken to tend to run a mile when I tell them what car I have. (It's making me dead keen on mine that's for sure)

They certainly are a car of distinction, and the people who can manage to increase and repair them without blowing them up, (like all the afore mentioned sheep tenderer's), are bloody legends if you ask me.

Name
    William
    Last Online
    15-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

Thanks for that guys. Kevin at Sims is adamant that they will fix it and I have told him I am not prepared to pay more money except for a very good reason and that they must contact me beforehand. They have given the car back to me on 2 occasions telling me it is fixed. David, after the first "fix" the car kept on stalling when cold (they cleaned the stepper motor) and on the 2nd visit they re-adjusted or re calibrated the stepper and it is not stalling anymore. They sent the ECU down to Christchurch because they said it was found to be "modified" when they inspected it and I was charged $150 for the work to sort out the computer.

I also think I have a leak somewhere in the system that has not been found.

Name
    Jono
    Last Online
    23-02-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 Estat

Thumbs up Simms New Market are Tops!

Just saw this old thread and it reminded me to call Kevin (Kevin Todd) at Simms Mitsubishi New Market.

Booked in my AYC diff oil change - apparently 1.5 hour job, Family discount, $180+GST.

Is this good?

Mitsubishi New Market have always serviced my cars, in fact Kevin has been there since I got my first car nearly 15 years ago. Always reliable and trustworthy.

1998 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 , Manual 2.5L V6 4WD TWIN TURBO

Name
    Jono
    Last Online
    23-02-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 Estat

Question

Quote Originally Posted by william
    Thanks for that guys. Kevin at Sims is adamant that they will fix it and I have told him I am not prepared to pay more money except for a very good reason and that they must contact me beforehand. They have given the car back to me on 2 occasions telling me it is fixed. David, after the first "fix" the car kept on stalling when cold (they cleaned the stepper motor) and on the 2nd visit they re-adjusted or re calibrated the stepper and it is not stalling anymore. They sent the ECU down to Christchurch because they said it was found to be "modified" when they inspected it and I was charged $150 for the work to sort out the computer.

I also think I have a leak somewhere in the system that has not been found.

I assume this was sorted out in the end?

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Eventually William changed the ECU

Name
    William
    Last Online
    15-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

Correct!

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer

Booked in my AYC diff oil change - apparently 1.5 hour job, Family discount, $180+GST.

Is this good?
    really??! thats alot IMO,

it takes me 30 min?? and 5L of mmsp3 costs $55 enough to do the job 3 times!

ive done kenneths car once, brads twice and my own twice, its not that hard.

Name
    Jono
    Last Online
    23-02-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 Estat

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gly

Thought you needed the Mitsi computer to open the valves in the AYC or something?

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

Nope, you just give carsten a couple of beers and he will use his home made kit

Name
    Jono
    Last Online
    23-02-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 Estat

Carsten, if you're keen, what kind of beer do you drink?

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

yep but not this weekend (moving house), hows the following for you (day will depend if im out fishing or not)
    just bring the ATF, and a 6 pack of nice beer

or maybe we arrange a small meet and do a few?
    ken you wanted yours done again didnt you??

Name
    Jono
    Last Online
    23-02-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 Estat

Way off topic

yep but not this weekend (moving house), hows the following for you (day will depend if im out fishing or not)
    just bring the ATF, and a 6 pack of nice beer

or maybe we arrange a small meet and do a few?
    ken you wanted yours done again didnt you??

Swish, Saturday 19th / Sunday 20th sounds good.
    What's the best oil to use, and how much?

seems we've gone way off topic, instead of this Thread being called "Mitsubishi NewMarket" it should be called "Gly's Performance Shop"

You're a life saver, almost sounds like it should be "bring the ATF, beer and $$$"... heck while you're there you can swap out the dashboard clock with one of your repaired ones... if you still do those?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast