Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

I want mine too!!!!

I good a lift in my friends vr4 the other day and the only mods he has are a 5zigen muffler system and a hks air filter... just about mid way into 3rd i noticed the needle was stuck at 180kph and we were still accerating HARD! ....how can I get mine 2 get up there like that .... his is std, mine tip, .... also he disconnected a hose 2 his intercooler, and plugged it and then connected some other hose....he also set his revs a bit higher.... now when he lets off the gas u hear his blow off really loud .... my questions are
    1. do I need 2 mod like he did 2 get mine 2 pull to9 and pass 180kph?
    2. is there any serious side effects of doing what he did to hear his b.o.v's?

since I got that lift I've been wondering .... so any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated... thnx
    tiny island with curvy roads .... ... ohhhh!!! I luv drivin 2 work!!! Save a car....

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Sounds like he has a vent to air bov and has plugged up the standard recirc pipe.

He would have been mid way through 4th gear to get to 180kmh, 3rd gear just won't do it.

Name
    KiwiTT
    Last Online
    24-05-2018
    Membership ID
    NZ001
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    BMW 330i
    My Garage
    Visit

I think the Standard VR-4 has a Top speed - 152 mph (claimed), which is just under 245 kph. i.e. 65kph over the 180kph limit on the speedo.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a VR-4, around corners at speed. But it costs see here

Name
    Whenz
    Last Online
    04-02-2020
    Country
    New Zealand-Maori

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    He would have been mid way through 4th gear to get to 180kmh, 3rd gear just won't do it.
    I agree, i was doing 140kmh last night in 4th.. and it had just changed into 4th at 140kmh... still going up too! i mean the speedo, but i decided to let go cos this was a cop area.
    VR-4

Last Online
    29-12-2008
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 sedan

you could fart around with the electrics, it's been known to cause a speedo to go waaay out. Got a van at work say's your doing a hundred when the real speeds around 70ish!~