Don
    Last Online
    19-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 LEGNUM VR4

Thumbs up Progress report

Well, finally got the new engine now!! bought timos one, same guy i bought the manual gearbox from. Was picked up ex Birkdale and dropped off to ANL in New Lynn ( Dads mate ) The history behind Timos engine is hillarious! He basically scammed his insurance company into rebuilding the whole thing for him, he got the full work over including 2 brand new turbos and all the belts redone etc etc...total rebuild cost was around 7 gs mark - the other good thing is its only done 80000ks!! yep, only 80000ks...... and a month or so after getting it back he slammed into a pole ( and a few other things )

So it shouldnt be too far away, ( end of next week...) it will also be sporting a new style front bumper, ann evo style carbon fibre bonnet and some new mags and tyres and will also be a bit lower......cant wait to do some
    Last edited by SHOWVR; 31-08-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: mistakes

Name
    Logan
    Last Online
    26-10-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    '97 Legnum ST-R

LOL at the free rebuild. How did he pulloff a rebuild from insurance? I'd love to try myself .

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    19-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 LEGNUM VR4

Quote Originally Posted by DefeXion
    LOL at the free rebuild. How did he pulloff a rebuild from insurance? I'd love to try myself .
    Not sure how he did it, but i do now the original problem started from a problem woth his sump....

Name
    Brent
    Last Online
    29-01-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWVR
    and will also be a bit lower......cant wait to do some
    I'd be a bit cautious about the 'lower' and the

I slammed into a concealed depression on an access road to a WRC stage Saturday and smacked the engine sub cross mount blasting gravel all over the place ..and broke my 'co-driver'. Did her back in cos she tensed up when we hit. Kinda screwed up the rest of the days viewing, only got to see the one stage. Ended up back at the motel for a hot bath and a massage followed by a few medicinal beers down at the local. There were some compensations.

Some photos up at the new website
    rallyshotz-nz.freehostia.com
    Motorsport link on left side.
    Watch out, I've got a VR4 and a 4G61T and I'm not afraid to use them !

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Thats no good - did you actually damage anything, or just send gravel everywhere?

I assume your codriver was Liz, how did she react? Hope she has recovered.

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    19-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 LEGNUM VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroid
    I'd be a bit cautious about the 'lower' and the

I slammed into a concealed depression on an access road to a WRC stage Saturday and smacked the engine sub cross mount blasting gravel all over the place ..and broke my 'co-driver'. Did her back in cos she tensed up when we hit. Kinda screwed up the rest of the days viewing, only got to see the one stage. Ended up back at the motel for a hot bath and a massage followed by a few medicinal beers down at the local. There were some compensations.

Some photos up at the new website
    rallyshotz-nz.freehostia.com
    Motorsport link on left side.
    Dam....that dont sound too good!! Hope your both ok now. Im only droping a little bit lower, becos ill be riding on 17 x 8 inch rims with 235 / 45 /17 rubber. i hate having that huge gap between the arch and the tyre.......

cheers

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

I'm running the same sized tyres, and have a look at my car, they look fine!

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    19-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 LEGNUM VR4

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    I'm running the same sized tyres, and have a look at my car, they look fine!
    yeah i know, they look real nice B my cuz has 17s and the same tyres and they look awesome!!! and the ride and harsh too, the ones i have are white at the mo, but planning on getting in sprayed in gloss black, try to get some colour coordination with the carbon fibre bonnet.

Name
    Shae
    Last Online
    18-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Galant

whos timo? ive seen u fullas talk bout him heaps and always wondered lol

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

a guy on the shore who crashed his manual VR-4. Don bought 90% of the mechanics in it!

Name
    Brent
    Last Online
    29-01-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 Legnum VR4

Cheers for the wishes for Liz's back, was only muscular lockup fortunately but it's just coming right now. I think sitting around in the cold watching rally for 2 hours probably didn't help either. I'm taking care of her.

Checked under for damage,. The engine east/west crossmember seems to have lost a LOT of paint and is showing a lot of scrape damage but otherwise all is ok. The noise was all gravel being smashed into the undercarriage etc, very scary.

I'll put her on ramps at the weekend and do a more thorough inspection to be sure ... and maybe put a wee bit of paint back on the crossmember as well